Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings resign DE Everson Griffin (Big contract)

Why when the cap goes up everyone thinks they should get more. IMO all 32 teams should just tell them no and then force these players to take what they are actually worth but you got those stupid franchises that will give anyone money and it screws the smart franchises

Why when the cap goes up everyone thinks they should get more. IMO all 32 teams should just tell them no and then force these players to take what they are actually worth but you got those stupid franchises that will give anyone money and it screws the smart franchises

You don't understand why players get more when the cap goes up? Prayers sent.

Doubt he sees all of that 42 mill unless he has a couple big years.....Though he has only started 1 game. Thats an average 8.5 mill per year. , Good player for sure though, I expect that  does it for Jared Allen going forward in a Vikings uniform

You don't understand why players get more when the cap goes up? Prayers sent.

Oh I know these teams all need to say no and make then take what they are actually worth tell them if they don't wanna take what they are worth then they won't get to be in the NFL but you have the few stupid franchises that suck every year and they will pay anything they ask

Kind of makes you wonder what Arthur Jones might cost. I figured it might get up to $6 million per year, now it is hard telling.

Who would you rather overpay for? Maybe Jairus Byrd isn't such a bad option after all. At least you would be getting a consistent player with a contract commiserate with his performance.

why is everyone overpaying their own players?

They aren`t. It is a Market.

Do they believe the Cap will be $150M Million in 2 -3 years? If so, the same # of players (53) will be chasing the larger pie. Inflation it is called.

Todays $8M is tomorrows $9.6M. Maybe this is what you are seeing. ??

Is Vontae an $8M CB today?

All players are just Rented because of the FA Sysytem. If you believe in Winning Systems then Your Own FA`s do have extra value because of their acquired knowledge and because you should know their trustability, lockroom personality, work ethic, etc.

And there is an issue with new FA`s. They often don`t perform to the expected level in yr. one. Kinda like #1 draft choices. :)

We did see Walden make much needed improvement in the 2nd half last year. Now we need RJF to be the guy we expect. Cherilus can be a little better in year two, especially with SOME HELP beside him. The same with Castonzo.  :thmup:

For our D, a DE that is better than Redding, more consistently disruptive, makes a few more plays, an object of Focus, would be a Big Help to Werner etc.

It was a Big dropoff, just killed us, when R Mathews and to a lesser degree Moala had to play so much. UGH!!!

So adding a GOOD DE who gets pressure, and an Excelent FS like Byrd should Juice our D Big Time.

Why Lamar Houston and Arthur Jones are mentioned and their price may be an eye popper.

Griggs and Team are looking for the next best thing to them because of the $$$, as well he should. Which way do you go? Come on Montori!! :clap:

Oh I know these teams all need to say no and make then take what they are actually worth tell them if they don't wanna take what they are worth then they won't get to be in the NFL but you have the few stupid franchises that suck every year and they will pay anything they ask

They're worth what the market says they're worth and that number goes up every time the salary cap does.

Vikings re-signed DE Everson Griffin, as @rapsheet reported. Told it's a 5-year, $42.5 million deal that includes $20 mil gtd, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

March 9, 2014

Griffin is a solid player but wow.

I don't know what to think. Maybe this guy is the truth but gee whiz. I try to give Speilman the benefit of the doubt. He's drafted some great players but considering the positions they've drafted them at, I would think anyone can land talent.

Aside from grabbing Favre off the scrap heap and pushing that as far as it would go, has he ever really built a championship calibre team?

I guess it might be a good signing in the long run.

Kind of makes you wonder what Arthur Jones might cost. I figured it might get up to $6 million per year, now it is hard telling.

Who would you rather overpay for? Maybe Jairus Byrd isn't such a bad option after all. At least you would be getting a consistent player with a contract commiserate with his performance.

"Commensurate" ;)

...and I don't necessarily agree with the preface. I need pay to be commensurate with the impact that the position is designed to have in a particular scheme.

Yeah he'd be a great addition...but would that contract, given the actual impact he would/could/wouldn't/couldn't have?

I don't think so. But ehhhh....