Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What two teams will be the big turnaround teams in the AFC and NFC this year?

Beauregarde

I think Detroit will make a big turnaround and challenge for their division title and make the playoffs.

In the AFC, I think Houston will have the biggest turnaround if they draft Clowney or trade down to take more players. I expect them to sign a QB like Ryan Mallett who has worked with the new coach and knows his system or Kirk Cousins who is on the trade blocks. I think they too will challenge for the AFC South Championship and make the playoffs as the division champ or a wild card. I look for them to be 10-6 or better next year if they follow the plan I have outlined. If they draft a QB number one then I think they will be a nonfactor at around 8-8 to 9-7. Your thoughts?

I think Detroit will make a big turnaround and challenge for their division title and make the playoffs.

In the AFC, I think Houston will have the biggest turnaround if they draft Clowney or trade down to take more players. I expect them to sign a QB like Ryan Mallett who has worked with the new coach and knows his system or Kirk Cousins who is on the trade blocks. I think they too will challenge for the AFC South Championship and make the playoffs as the division champ or a wild card. I look for them to be 10-6 or better next year if they follow the plan I have outlined. If they draft a QB number one then I think they will be a nonfactor at around 8-8 to 9-7. Your thoughts?

I could see Detroit making the Playoffs, but winning the NFC North over Aaron Rogers in GB...No.

NFC: I like the NY Giants to turn it around with a new QB Coach in Danny Langsdorf for Eli Manning & GM Jerry Reese & HC Tom Couglin will strengthen the o-line & get a solid running game. I will be watching the Panthers Organization closely too. 

Yes, I am biased toward Jerry Reese. I love how he builds o-lines & d-lines & I respect him as much as GM Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore. 

AFC:  Houston forget Clowney. I don't trust his motor/work ethic. Go with Teddy Bridgewater. Colts win the AFC Championship Game this season. I wanna face the NE Patriots at full strength too with a healthy Gronk, Wilfork, & Edelman in the mix. 

Also, I wanna see if Kansas City can take the next step. They have sucked for so long. I wanna see how they respond to great expectations too. Are they for real or not? 

It could be a number of teams, depending on this QB class. In the AFC, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, or Houston. In the NFC, Detroit, Dallas, New York, Washington, Atlanta, and St. Louis all have a chance to be much improved. My two picks are...

AFC; Pittsburgh

NFC; Atlanta

I look for Atlanta to make the playoffs after they fix their O Line and add a few pieces on defense. The NFC South should be fun to watch next year.

Beau is in the know..

Detroit...new, calm leadership....they already have the players they need

Houston....They were not nearly as bad as their record and that defense is still top caliber and will make one big addition

Houston and Atlanta. Both teams are only a year removed from being high playoff seeds. Still lots of talent. Houston's got to find a QB but I'm guessing they will one way or another. O'Brien is going to be a good NFL coach I think. 

I'm looking at a St. Louis Rams team that is a few acquisitions, and a stable quarterback away from being a darn good football team. Quinn scares me. The Browns could be interesting team with all those draft picks... and if they finally find some stability in the front office.

If by "biggest turnaround" you mean biggest change in win total, I'd say

AFC: Houston

NFC: Atlanta

They both greatly underachieved. They may each win 9- 10 games this year.

But, like you, I like Detroit a lot. The Lions should have a very good year, perhaps winning the NFC North. They should have won the North last year after Rodgers got hurt for GB. They have tons of young talent but they need discipline. I expect 11 or more wins.

I'm doing extremely negative "big turnarounds" from last year's winning teams....just to brighten up the day. :)

AFC / Denver - That embarrassing mother of all beat downs in the Super Bowl lingers....and whatever Bronco players that don't depart in free agency drown their sorrows by taking advantage of Colorado pot laws and bong their brains into oblivion....and while Papa John's pizza sales skyrocket as a result, bad snaps and protection calls become the norm and along with a brutal schedule of opponents, pummels Omaha-breath onto the IR list. The Broncos finish 6-10 and out of the playoffs.

NFC / New Orleans - Jimmy Graham gets his wish to be classified as a Franchise WR....and the already in progress Saints fire sale is so wide-spread that they're reduced to 3rd string O-linemen thanks to Graham and Drew Brees' salary cap number. Having cut all their RBs, this sends Brees running for his life on nearly every play and he finally gets clobbered so hard that the tattoo of Vietnam on his face goes flying across the field, his shoulder gets crushed, and like his final game in San Diego....he runs off the field looking like Mr. Potatohead with his busted throwing arm pointing toward Cancun. The Saints go 5-11 and sink to the bottom of the NFC South.

I'm doing extremely negative "big turnarounds" from last year's winning teams....just to brighten up the day. :)

AFC / Denver - That embarrassing mother of all beat downs in the Super Bowl lingers....and whatever Bronco players that don't depart in free agency drown their sorrows by taking advantage of Colorado pot laws and bong their brains into oblivion....and while Papa John's pizza sales skyrocket as a result, bad snaps and protection calls become the norm and along with a brutal schedule of opponents, pummels Omaha-breath onto the IR list. The Broncos finish 6-10 and out of the playoffs.

NFC / New Orleans - Jimmy Graham gets his wish to be classified as a Franchise WR....and the already in progress Saints fire sale is so wide-spread that they're reduced to 3rd string O-linemen thanks to Graham and Drew Brees' salary cap number. Having cut all their RBs, this sends Brees running for his life on nearly every play and he finally gets clobbered so hard that the tattoo of Vietnam on his face goes flying across the field, his shoulder gets crushed, and like his final game in San Diego....he runs off the field looking like Mr. Potatohead with his busted throwing arm pointing toward Cancun. The Saints go 5-11 and sink to the bottom of the NFC South.

Very funny. You gave me a laugh before going to work. You may be right about the Saints. They have cut many players on offense and on defense who have been leaders and have contributed to their winning. Losing Sproles is big.

Denver will still be a good team.

I'd predict the Texans they look like they are a QB shy from being pretty good.  

I have a hard time thinking the Browns are gonna be good. . . ever.  They seemingly invent ways to screw it up.  

What are you basing that on?

I live in Houston, and it's pretty much a consensus that they have numerous holes to fill.

Seth Payne & Mike Meltzer just today remarked that they have significant holes and need starter level talent at:  QB, RT, TE, DE, NT, ILB, Nickle CB and S.  Why do you think differently than everyone who follows the team for a living?