Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Johnny Manziel dares Texans to draft him

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I have seen any mock draft where is not in the top five picks. I think the kid is special and he will be a winner.

Mock drafts mean nothing.

Around this time last year all the mocks had Geno Smith going first.

And then,  reality set in....

Manziel might go in the top 5.    Or he might go somewhere lower, but still in the first round.

Don't get too focused on mock drafts.   Most media people doing them --- shouldn't.     Seriously.

The key here is his personality. Manziel will NEVER lead an NFL locker room. It's the same thing RGIII is going through. There's nothing wrong with being 20 and having fun, but that's the problem. You have more responsibilities as a QB and face of a franchise. You have to sacrifice some things. When he's out there showing off after every play, posting pictures with models on Instagram, you'll wonder where his head is at. That's why I don't get the "He has a love for the game" thing. Seems like he moreso has a love for the spotlight and attention that comes with it. Proof? Watch the interview he did last year where it was the first time his coach let him talk to the media. He was calm and humbled. Then as soon as he won the Heisman everything changed.

But he'll have RGIII and Cam success. The league always struggles with rookie "Dual Threat" QBs. Most of them will always come in an have immediate success. But he'll get a reality check year 2 once defenses have tape on him. Bottom line is, I think the NFL lights will be too big for him.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, February 16, 2014 - personal shot

CLOWNEY will be the "bust" and if Houston selects him instead of Manziel it will set them back for years...This is my prediction: If Manziel goes to Houston or Cleveland he will break Rookie records for yards and touchdowns, and will be in Playoffs and Pro Bowl...Cleveland needs to draft a receiver high as well to go aling with Gordon and pick up a legit RB...I hope he goes to Cleveland and becomes a saviour ..I lived there 6 years and have never seen such a loyal fanbase in my life..The bandwagon Colts fans we have here could learn something from them...

Quit whining you sniveling butt. Stop your nonsense.

Man here we go with the computer tough guys again..lol..this place kills me..Bring your opinion or shut up..Why the personal attacks? Deathlitis? What is your brilliant assessment of the situation I'm sure you too are jealous and envious of Manziel so hating on him will make you feel better and ease your self esteem issues I guess..

Man here we go with the computer tough guys again..lol..this place kills me..Bring your opinion or shut up..Why the personal attacks? Deathlitis? What is your brilliant assessment of the situation I'm sure you too are jealous and envious of Manziel so hating on him will make you feel better and ease your self esteem issues I guess..

I'm calling it now Jshipp. Manziel will either be on the texans or browns and the Colts are going to face Manziel in the AFC championship to battle it out for the superbowl. 

He won't make it to title game, but he'll get in as a wildcatd..AFC Championship will he Colts at New England..This time Luck will have a line and improved defense and we'll have a real shot..

I think Denver will be back in the AFC Championship again. If they get home field again, I don't think either the Colts or New England can beat them there. I keep waiting for New England to slip back into the field but it never seems to happen.

New England is getting a lot of soldiers back I see them as the #1 seed at 14-2...Colts will he 13-3 if we make the right moves despite Pagano being a horrible coach along for the luck ride...Denver is on the decline with cap problems and a choke artist at QB, I'm not worried about them ..Pittsburgh will be back Tomlin is a great coach..KC, Baltimore, Houston or Cleveland will g thete too

The extreme hate and jealousy of Manziel boggles my mind and really makes me question the football acumen on this site

I personally don't want the Texans to draft him because it's bad for us..I hope he goes to Cleveland and saves that franchise they deserve it..Barring going to Oakland I know he will be hugely successful in the NFL and shut all the jealous haters up as he always has...He has a skill set never seen before in the Leaugue and RG111 couldn't carry his jockstrap so enough of that..

A skill set never seen before??? Now that statement is mind boggling!

For the Manziel crowd....    and for what it's worth....   here's the Pre-Combine Bio write-up on Manziel.

A fair amount to like....   and a fair amount to worry any GM and HC....

Click and read....   it'll take a minute to read it all...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/johnny-manziel?id=2543462

That was a great read. Thanks. So he could either be Ryan Leaf or Fran Tarkenton? Ha,ha. What a tough choice for Houston.

What would concern me the most is the following:

"Has defied the odds and proven to be a great college-system quarterback, but still must prove he is willing to work to be great, adjust his hard-partying, Hollywood lifestyle and be able to inspire his teammates by more than his playmaking ability. Overall character, leadership ability and work habits will define his NFL career."

I agree, but none of them have an ego as big as Manziel(except maybe RG3.) Difference between him and Manning saying it is that Peyton said it to Mora. Manziel said it to the entire media. And Manning could back it up. I think Manziel is a good QB, but definitely not #1 good. None of these QBs are a sure #1 pick.

Some team is going to overdraft him, considering how many teams there with QB needs.

Um, bandwagon fans? Since when? 

Exactly...I have been watching and loving the Colts since Baltimore....I am an old fella,' but just missed Johnny U....:(

I don't know if Manziel

First of all I really respect your posts I can tell you have a very high football iq and know you're stuff

I think his antics are a little overblown. Majority of people have a drink I before they are 21 I don't think Manziel was guilty of anything word than that and maybe some weed or something. And being hungover at Peyton manning camp and having Archie ask him to leave lol

I think he will grow out of it like most people do, and it won't be about his antics but whether he can play in the nfl. People in the nfl have done much worse and still play.

For those saying he is being cocky in this, if you want a rookie quarterback who doesn't want to win the Super Bowl every year then more power to you.

I think I want the guy that wants to win it all every year, but I like to win. I hope the kid does great and proves the haters wrong( as long as he's not in division ha)

Thanks for the kind words, and I respect your well written post.  I still do not think it was overblown.  We know that we are in the limelight....you are being watched, and get told to go home from a camp or two?  OK...I was young once too.  :)

I want some of the fans here to recognize that there is a fine line between Confident and 'cocky.'  If you are confident...it is a great trait.  If you are cocky, you may very well get your head taken off in the NFL.  Is Manziel confident or Cocky.  By the way.....combining the two is fun....that is how I roll :)

I dare them to also haha

I hope Cleveland don't get a chance at him that will hurt them more they need to take Sammy Watkins and trade for Kirk Cousins with one of their 3rd rounders since they hired Kyle Shanahan

Taking Watkins in the top four would be foolish considering they already have Josh Gordon.....unless you're Matt Millen

Apparently you didn't understand the question. It is because of what you say that it is just foolhardy to draft a franchise QB when you don't have a good defense and a good offensive line to protect him. When you do it the way the Colts did by drafting Luck with no defense and no offensive line on hand, you are probably not going to build a Super Bowl contender in this day and age. The reason is that when you get that defense and line where you want them, Luck's looming big contract makes it necessary to let some of the very best go. When you do it like San Francisco and Seattle, you have the great defense and the line when you get your franchise QB on a rookie QB. This give you several years of excellence before your QB gets the big bucks and you have to adjust. This is they way Seattle won the Super Bowl, the 49ers got there last year and they way Baltimore won it while all of these QBs were on their rookie contracts. It is the new blueprint for getting to and winning a Super Bowl. Baltimore dropped off the map when they had to pay their QB elite money.

So the Colts should have passed on Luck? New blueprint? There is no new blueprint. It is the team who gets hot at the right time and also gets alot of luck with calls going their way. It can all boil down to one play that makes the difference on winning a playoff game. I have no problem with understanding the question either.

So the Colts should have passed on Luck? New blueprint? There is no new blueprint. It is the team who gets hot at the right time and also gets alot of luck with calls going their way. It can all boil down to one play that makes the difference on winning a playoff game. I have no problem with understanding the question either.

Apparently you do, if you think I am suggesting that we should have passed on Luck and you can't see a new blueprint to building a championship team in action. But, if you want to believe it is all just luck and it boils down to a play here or there, well, be my guest.