Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

M.Lynch says may skip media day if feels better things to do for himself & team, knows maybe 50,000 fine

bayone

He can easily afford it

said vince young..

this is why athletes go broke. Anyone who is willing to flush 50 grand instead of making small talk for an hour obviously doesn't have any sense of financial responsibility. The guys that go broke start by making stupid moves while theyre still playing.

said vince young..

this is why athletes go broke. Anyone who is willing to flush 50 grand instead of making small talk for an hour obviously doesn't have any sense of financial responsibility. The guys that go broke start by making stupid moves while theyre still playing.

His playoff game checks will easily cover the 50k.

said vince young..

exactly.....its clearly some kind of childish statement he's making about not doing what he doesnt want to do..

but if he's willing to pay $50,000 to be stupid....its his choice...

Richard Sherman will be there.

This guy is a *.  All you have to do is make small talk and give coach speak answers for a little bit.  Instead you blow it off and potentially get fined 50K?  

I understand that it is annoying and I am sure I would be tired of the media as well if I was in his shoes, but it is part of his job as a player in the NFL.  

lol, if the guy wants to pay $50k to not talk, then by all means.  That fine money goes to charity anyways... don't know how anyone can claim hes some horrible guy because hes doing this, its his decision, a charity gets $50,000 and he gets a giant tax write off.

People need to chill out and get off their steeds of righteousness.

Well according to the ESPN Media Day Lynch will be at the Media Day or the fine will be 100 thousand dollars.    I guess we will find out when they are supposed to be there.   :)   There are a lot of players that would just like to have that chance.  He should enjoy it because he may not ever get that chance again.

lol, if the guy wants to pay $50k to not talk, then by all means.  That fine money goes to charity anyways... don't know how anyone can claim hes some horrible guy because hes doing this, its his decision, a charity gets $50,000 and he gets a giant tax write off.

People need to chill out and get off their steeds of righteousness.

No....people need to ride that steed..

When someone steps out of line,, you comment on it..That's why we're here....

Obviously..I think you know....No one said he's horrible..just stupid......

.......and there's no way unless his accountant is from the law firm is Scheister and Scheister...that he can write off a fine on his taxes...

Well according to the ESPN Media Day Lynch will be at the Media Day or the fine will be 100 thousand dollars.    I guess we will find out when they are supposed to be there.   :)

..They just want you to show up and answer some dumb questions for an hour....

....You owe it to the media and the NFL....Everybody works together...on the spectacle..of Super Bowl Week

Someone will push him to be mature and be there..What else does he have to do on Wednesday?

I wish my biggest problem in life was deciding whether or not to speak to the media a few days before I get to play in the biggest sporting event of the year .... good grief. This game is really going to miss the likes of Manning and Brady when they are gone. The "me" attitude is so dominant now and depressing as a fan ...

Maybe he's an antisocial jerk who doesn't understand how lucky he is to be in this position. Maybe he's had problems with being miss-quoted and hates the media. Or maybe he has a problem.

Some people chase down cameras at public events then act like they are deliriously deranged. Some people line up to speak on tv about events in their neighborhoods even if they have nothing to contribute other than "I remember the time that I saw him unloading groceries from his car - this is just terrible."

In contrast if anyone approached me with a camera I'd either give them a steely glare and a stern rebuke, or I'd "stop, drop, and crawl". Hard to know for sure until it happens. The last time I was called for jury duty the judge asked us each questions in the middle of a crowded room, and I had trouble enunciating my answers because my body was vibrating from chills much like you get with a bad cold. Not surprisingly my brain wasn't working too well either. I would have gladly paid cash to avoid the experience. Not $50k mind you, but I don't have his salary either.

Suffice it to say that people are different, and if Lynch is so dead set against being interviewed he might well just be scared of freezing and floundering under the glare. If that's the case I can't say that I blame him. But if it's the other issues mentioned his coach (and agent) need to tell him to grow up, and give him a swift kick in the rear.

In contrast if anyone approached me with a camera I'd either give them a steely glare and a stern rebuke, or I'd "stop, drop, and crawl". Hard to know for sure until it happens. The last time I was called for jury duty the judge asked us each questions in the middle of a crowded room, and I had trouble enunciating my answers because my body was vibrating from chills much like you get with a bad cold. Not surprisingly my brain wasn't working too well either. I would have gladly paid cash to avoid the experience. Not $50k mind you, but I don't have his salary either.

Thats how I take it as well. Some dudes just aren't comfortable in front of a camera, or intimate settings. His #1 job is to play football. requiring players to talk to the media I find a bet excessive.

I kind of like how Bob Kravtiz put it in his tweet...."For the record I dont care if a guy doesn't wanna talk. Why talk to a guy who doesn't want to talk to you? Waste of time."......

As for all the people saying its a waste of money, this is how you become broke etc. I dont think people realize the insignificance of that type of $ to him at this point in his life.....The guy is making $8.5 this yr, assume half is gone in taxes, so $4.25 million dollars, that $50,000 fine is 0.01% of his salary...Or in regular people terms, a guy making $36,000 just paid $396 dollars....Ya it could be wasteful, but its not going to make or break him.....Vince Young/Other athlete bankruptcy is entirely different than us normal folk bankruptcy....Heck, I just saw a popular RB singer who has filed bankruptcy twice just bought a $3.3 million dollar home......Its all relative. 

Thats how I take it as well. Some dudes just aren't comfortable in front of a camera, or intimate settings. His #1 job is to play football. requiring players to talk to the media I find a bet excessive.

I kind of like how Bob Kravtiz put it in his tweet...."For the record I dont care if a guy doesn't wanna talk. Why talk to a guy who doesn't want to talk to you? Waste of time."......

As for all the people saying its a waste of money, this is how you become broke etc. I dont think people realize the insignificance of that type of $ to him at this point in his life.....The guy is making $8.5 this yr, assume half is gone in taxes, so $4.25 million dollars, that $50,000 fine is 0.01% of his salary...Or in regular people terms, a guy making $36,000 just paid $396 dollars....Ya it could be wasteful, but its not going to make or break him.....Vince Young/Other athlete bankruptcy is entirely different than us normal folk bankruptcy....Heck, I just saw a popular RB singer who has filed bankruptcy twice just bought a $3.3 million dollar home......Its all relative. 

Its his job..its in his contract...

......we can wax philosphically about how we do or don't care....

..but its in his contract and it benefits the media which has traveled from all over the country to talk to the players

Everybody loves to get paid but they don't want to do the part of their job they don't like..

....I guess that's the Seatte way

Its his job..its in his contract...

......we can wax philosphically about how we do or don't care....

..but its in his contract and it benefits the media which has traveled from all over the country to talk to the players

Everybody loves to get paid but they don't want to do the part of their job they don't like..

....I guess that's the Seatte way

No. His job is to play football. Unfortunately to play football at the highest level, a condition is forced into your contract whether you like it or not....And if you choose not to do it, you are fined a nominal amount. It is what it is. Unfortunate, but thats the case...He chooses not to talk, so therefore he forfeits roughly 0.01% of his money.   

Its got nothing to do with the "Seattle way". Or whatever perceived vendetta or ill will you hold to an organization.... 

If a player does not have anything to say then its pointless to get him in front of a mic especially if he is uncomfortable, His play does the talking and thats whats important not that he stand in front of a mic and answer stupid questions that media finds different ways to ask them

I really don't get the media day. These are football players and are asked questions which are no way related football and pretty nasty ones.

It's almost like a dictatorship to force them to go through this.

Either you ask football questions or give players choice to skip it.