Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Colts RB Dominic Rhodes attempting a comeback

MTC

Via Rotoworld:

Free agent RB Dominic Rhodes is attempting a comeback.

Rhodes is 35. The last we heard from him was back in September 2011 when he was suspended for the entire season due to a third failed drug test. Rhodes was reinstated in January 2012. He wants to latch on with an NFL team in OTAs. We here at Rotoworld have just as good of a chance of being invited to join an NFL team this spring as Rhodes does. It's not going to happen.

I don't think players should retire if they don't want to, given they still have the ability to play at a reasonable level.

Dominic Rhodes, though, is 35 and a repeated rule breaker. The risk is too high for most teams to reasonably take a shot at him, and he's been out of football too long. I'm for him giving it a shot, but I don't think he likely adds enough to most teams.

Dominics "Checks" must have hit the Rhodes.  He's clearly broke, or he really misses football.

I'd choose the former and not the latter.

Normally, I don't laugh at another player's misfortunes. But that "hit the Rhoads" line was comedic gold krunk! Take a bow man. You earned it.  :worthy:  :P

Some of these responses are unbelievable. 

I would not bet against Dominic even though he is 35. He has got off the mat several times and scored knockouts. 

He played a huge part in bringing us a Lombardi. For that I will always be grateful. Makes me want to vomit the way some are joking about him on here. 

Ya but I still have a point because how old was Rhodes at that time 33 so that would make barber 38 I think or better.

I guess I am missing your point. What does Rhodes being 33 at that time have to do with anything? I was relating their comeback attempts when they occurred. Rhodes is 35 attempting to come back now. Tiki was 36 when he attempted to come back in 2011. 

You've lost me what Tiki's age now and Rhodes age then has to do with anything?