Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson

love the shoe

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now now Warhorse, you know many members of this forum refuse to use logic because of their superior armchair GM skills paired with their ability in Madden. Also, for you to NOT defy logic and reason in your posts is blasphemy, curse you!!!!

haha

GM's make bad picks and get fired all the time. Lots of first round busts in the league over the years.

Polian made plenty of first round flops while he was GM here.

If he improves on both vision and decisiveness, initial burst out of the hole, and avoids being taken down by a hand.......

833030140.gif?1389497238

Then we will hopefully see the Trent we all hoped for. 

Maybe he should talk to Jim Brown some more? I don't know. 

Sorry but that is A TRIP......

Let's give this guy a full training camp and upgrade this o line and then make a decision on him. It is way too early to do that at this time.

The Browns had plenty of time to see he was a dud - they were motivated to cut him loose - the exact same dud we seen this season.  IMO it is not too early to make a decisions on him 

And it never took Brown 5 years to produce - the guy has had some injuries and when he wasn't hurt he just was not getting the carries.

A trip is when you use your leg, any time you grab a guy with your hands is a tackle.

You can't use you legs to bring a player down but other then a facemask or a horse collar tackle you are allowed to grab a player anywhere. You can even take a player down by the hair.

You cannot be serious?

Oh my god, the Richardson people just can't admit he is just not good.

I guess this is also a "trip" then right?

trentten.gif

YOU cannot be serious!? That is a GOOD wrap up leg tackle, then gang tackle! C'mon man don't come with weak sauce! You got to have a better example than that?!?

I thought he would be good & so far I've been wrong but I still hold out hope for one more year....If he's not producing by then than I will eat my crow but the Colts really need him to step up, play good as it does nothing but help the team. So yes in that regard I am still CHEERING for him to succeed. He is a Colts btw. I never root for any Colt not to succeed let alone bash him EVERY single day......GO COLTS :blueshoe:

You cannot be serious?

Oh my god, the Richardson people just can't admit he is just not good.

I guess this is also a "trip" then right?

trentten.gif

I will give you that he should of stayed going to his right. That is my biggest problem with him right now is his vision/awareness. I "hope" with some good coaching he can improve and start making some better reads.

After watching every colt game for the last several years and everyone this year looking back on this year I have come to several conclusions. Most of the time Trent was in they stacked the line against the run. Several times if not more Trent was hit as soon as he got the ball..It really looked to me that he hadn't learned the offense. The guy came in and had to learn of the fly. Let's give this guy a full training camp and upgrade this o line and then make a decision on him. It is way too early to do that at this time. I will be the first to say we made a bad trade after we get the line fixed and he has a full year under his belt. I remember these same threads on Brown until this year ,they went away. 

He's a great talent and the Colts took a chance on him.  Let's hope he is as good as he was at 'Bama.

Lot of players are good in college but stink at the next level. I hope I am wrong about Richardson, but I dont see it. None of the excuses presented for his performance as a Colt hold water.

He had enough time to learn the playbook, he didnt wander in off the streets out of shape, other backs were finding holes and picking up yards, his dancing and vision are a major problem.

The not knowing the playbook excuse drives me nuts. He had planty of time to learn it. He is a professional football player, making millions of dollars. He should be reading that playbook every time he isnt on the field practicing it. I have no athletic skill but if you offered me what he is getting paid then I would be learning that book.

If he is ever released by the Colts other teams will look at how long he said it took him to learn that playbook and question it. Everytime he touches that ball and fails to do his job cost him future earnings. Every little dance that breaks his stride and gets him tackled behind the line cost him future earnings.

He needs to know that this is a professional league and sometimes you gotta study the playbook and put in the time, and if you do so you will be well compensated, and if you dont then good luck finding a job with whatever classes you took to stay on the team at Alabama.

Every year there are 100 kids coming out of college looking to take your job, so you better be out there every week showing that you deserve to keep it.

I would tell him that yes you have the body of an NFL runningback, now you need to show me you have the skill set and intelligence of one. If you go out there and stop and dance 10 times in a row and pick up one yard or less on those 10 attempts, then you obviously dont have what it takes.

He looked slow in some plays, tense maybe is the word, but he has the talent, we'll see next year

I don't want to go on a tirade but he looks SLOW on every play. He, in my opinion, does not have the acceleration to be a guy that can be a big impact kind of player in the running game. Donald Brown looked a lot quicker to the hole than Richardson did. We'll see what next year brings.

I don't want to go on a tirade but he looks SLOW on every play. He, in my opinion, does not have the acceleration to be a guy that can be a big impact kind of player in the running game. Donald Brown looked a lot quicker to the hole than Richardson did. We'll see what next year brings.

I think he's slow because he's tentative and is thinking too much. The brain trust believes a full off season can fix these issues.  I feel like Grigson has to sign DB and can't rely on TR to figure this out.  Ballard is a complete unknown

I think he's slow because he's tentative and is thinking too much. The brain trust believes a full off season can fix these issues.  I feel like Grigson has to sign DB and can't rely on TR to figure this out.  Ballard is a complete unknown

I'm in favor of bringing Brown back. I'm not convinced it's an issue of "thinking too much". Ballard I think will be fine. He isn't a runner that relied a lot on stop and go and cutting type of movements anyway, he's a slasher and if he doesn't have any setbacks in his recovery he should be good to go next season. I'd say chances are slim that Brown is going to come back. Brown's weakness is pass protection and he's pretty poor in that area.

YOU cannot be serious!? That is a GOOD wrap up leg tackle, then gang tackle! C'mon man don't come with weak sauce! You got to have a better example than that?!?

I thought he would be good & so far I've been wrong but I still hold out hope for one more year....If he's not producing by then than I will eat my crow but the Colts really need him to step up, play good as it does nothing but help the team. So yes in that regard I am still CHEERING for him to succeed. He is a Colts btw. I never root for any Colt not to succeed let alone bash him EVERY single day......GO COLTS :blueshoe:

My point was that you said almost the exact same play was a trip, in the other image. Never mind you missed my point entirely. 

At first I was excited, however as games went by, I was a doubter.  More frustrated than anything.  Then, I thought, give this guy a "fully trainned" shot.  i.e. a full trainning camp, working with an o line that must improve.  If the o line is improved, and TR is a no-show, then I will be screaming to burn the trade contract.

Lot of players are good in college but stink at the next level. I hope I am wrong about Richardson, but I dont see it. None of the excuses presented for his performance as a Colt hold water.

He had enough time to learn the playbook, he didnt wander in off the streets out of shape, other backs were finding holes and picking up yards, his dancing and vision are a major problem.

The not knowing the playbook excuse drives me nuts. He had planty of time to learn it. He is a professional football player, making millions of dollars. He should be reading that playbook every time he isnt on the field practicing it. I have no athletic skill but if you offered me what he is getting paid then I would be learning that book.

If he is ever released by the Colts other teams will look at how long he said it took him to learn that playbook and question it. Everytime he touches that ball and fails to do his job cost him future earnings. Every little dance that breaks his stride and gets him tackled behind the line cost him future earnings.

He needs to know that this is a professional league and sometimes you gotta study the playbook and put in the time, and if you do so you will be well compensated, and if you dont then good luck finding a job with whatever classes you took to stay on the team at Alabama.

Every year there are 100 kids coming out of college looking to take your job, so you better be out there every week showing that you deserve to keep it.

I would tell him that yes you have the body of an NFL runningback, now you need to show me you have the skill set and intelligence of one. If you go out there and stop and dance 10 times in a row and pick up one yard or less on those 10 attempts, then you obviously dont have what it takes.

Okay coach, we got it.

Luck has been the only 1st rounder to produce for us in years. Was hoping that would change with a new GM.

Joseph Addai-2006 several great years as a Colt but wasn't the same after hamstring injures

Anthony Gonzalez-2007 (Couldn't stay healthy had showed alot of promise)

Jerry Hughes-2010 (When he finally got to see the field at his natural position)

Bob Sanders-2004 (unfortunately could not say healthy...But hell of a player when he was healthy)

We got production but they either got hurt and were not the same or were wasting away with no intention to use him

Joseph Addai-2006 several great years as a Colt but wasn't the same after hamstring injures

Anthony Gonzalez-2007 (Couldn't stay healthy had showed alot of promise)

Jerry Hughes-2010 (When he finally got to see the field at his natural position)

Bob Sanders-2004 (unfortunately could not say healthy...But hell of a player when he was healthy)

We got production but they either got hurt and were not the same or were wasting away with no intention to use him

Sanders was a second round pick

Okay coach, we got it.

I am interested in why you put so much faith in Richardson. College ? Different game in the NFL. Guy could break 1000 yards with the 5th best line.

Just give me a few examples of Richardsons time as a Colt that make you believe he is gonna be great.

I seen all the people who said " he is built for the playoffs" which didnt pan out.

I am interested in why you put so much faith in Richardson. College ? Different game in the NFL. Guy could break 1000 yards with the 5th best line.

Just give me a few examples of Richardsons time as a Colt that make you believe he is gonna be great.

I seen all the people who said " he is built for the playoffs" which didnt pan out.

Why don't you just relax and see how it pans out? Its not like your incessant complaining is going to change the fact he is going to be on the roster next year.

Well the playoffs don't count because he was seldom used and there were reason for that. There are no reason this year that make me say "yea he is going to be awesome" in 2014, I understand that.

But what I don't understand is all the negativity towards him because of lack of stats in 2013. The Colts offensive line was terrible at run blocking and don't tell me Brown did well because he didn't either. If he did he would have gotten 20 plus carries in a game and he never did. Does Richardson need to improve, yes, does Richardson know how to run yes. I think we all have seen him run for Alabama and Cleveland which had decent O-lines and he was successful then. Heck Richardson ran well against Pittsburgh and Baltimore at times his rookie year. You just don't forget how to run. The kid is not going anywhere so you might as well get use to it.

Well the playoffs don't count because he was seldom used and there were reason for that. There are no reason this year that make me say "yea he is going to be awesome" in 2014, I understand that.

But what I don't understand is all the negativity towards him because of lack of stats in 2013. The Colts offensive line was terrible at run blocking and don't tell me Brown did well because he didn't either. If he did he would have gotten 20 plus carries in a game and he never did. Does Richardson need to improve, yes, does Richardson know how to run yes. I think we all have seen him run for Alabama and Cleveland which had decent O-lines and he was successful then. Heck Richardson ran well against Pittsburgh and Baltimore at times his rookie year. You just don't forget how to run. The kid is not going anywhere so you might as well get use to it.

Bad logic. Brown was good regardless of how many carries he got.