Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson

love the shoe

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richardson didnt have a good year in Cleveland. Behind the 5th best offensive line he had an average at best season.

I dont care if he put up 250 yards a game at Alabama, they aren't an NFL team.

Yes we are stuck with him, that doesnt make it a good thing.

Maybe DHB needs another season to learn the playbook ...... He was good in college.

Richardson didnt have a good year in Cleveland. Behind the 5th best offensive line he had an average at best season.

Maybe DHB needs another season to learn the playbook ...... He was good in college.

because one is under contract, the other isn't. Pretty simple stuff

The SEC is as close as one can get to the NFL.

I look at it this way, if a player was on an opposing team would I worry about him. If the answer is yes then thats a good player. In Richardsons case I would be thrilled to be facing him, which is how I would define a bad player.

He isnt going to bust anything more then 3 yards, so of its 3rd and 5 and I see him in the backfield then I would figure that everyone should drop into coverage because it is definetly going to be a pass.

Even if they try to run him I know he is slow and indecisive and probably won't get the first. The only time he may pose a threat is if it is 3rd and 1, then I might have to play him honest.

You might be able to send him out as a receiver but best case scenario there would be a first down 9 times outta 10, his speed will keep him from taking it to the house in most situations.

I wish we could clone Richardson and hand him out to our division rivals at Christmas.

Are you serious? You do not know anything. Your knowledge of the game shows in this statement. (see bold letters)

I will write this down for you so you can understand the game of football. Then I'm done with you and arm chair mind of the game.

Richardson stats in 2012 with Cleveland

950 yards rushing 11 TDs

51 receptions for 367 yards and 1 TD

See Ya!

Ypc ? Thats what I wanna see.

What was his longest run ?

He couldnt break 4 ypc behind the 5th best line in the NFL that season. We will need at the very least the second best line to get him to that magic number.

Is 4 ypc asking too much if you have a top 5 line ?

How many 100 yard games did he have in Cleveland ? I would expect a topnotch back to be breaking off 100 yard games regularly, especially if he had no QB. Trent managed to do it what 3 times behind a very good line. Man thats got 3rd overall success all over it.

Dont put your reputation and image on the line defending an obvious bust. It just ain't worth it man.

Are you serious? You do not know anything. Your knowledge of the game shows in this statement. (see bold letters)

I will write this down for you so you can understand the game of football. Then I'm done with you and arm chair mind of the game.

Richardson stats in 2012 with Cleveland

950 yards rushing 11 TDs

51 receptions for 367 yards and 1 TD

See Ya!

Out of 42 qualifying RBs, he was 38th in YPC.

He was able to reach 950 yards on the season because he got the 11th most carries in the league, despite his abysmal average.

And despite having the league's 11th-most carries, he only had 2 of 20+ yards - good for 46th in the league.

No, he did not have a good year in Cleveland in 2012. The Browns just chose to keep going with him anyway.

Trent Richardson is a poor man's Mike Tolbert - if Mike Tolbert got 267 carries in a season.

Those who think TRich is garbage are quite simply ignorant. He was selected in the 1st round by one GM, and traded for a 1st rounder by another. Which brings me to 3 points.

1. A couple of NFL GMs are smarter than anyone on a forum regarding talent acquisition.

2. He had to learn on the fly...Two different NFL schemes in 2 years. It takes a lot of time for most players to learn a NFL playbook. They are complicated and must be ran precisely the way the OC draws it up. The slightest miscue results in failure 90% of the time. 

3. Our interior O-Line is terrible. Donald Brown found success because he is fast and shifty. TRich is a power runner and needs time so the blocks can develop. No blocks developed for TRich and 9 times out of 10, he was hit behind the line as soon as the play started. Also, opposing defenses stacked the box against TRich. 

I still feel like he could have contributed much more in screens and lining up in a WR slot. I don't think we utilized him properly behind this joke we called an offensive line.

Oh look, another Trent Richardson apologist. Here we go again.

1. Because a GM burned a first round pick on a player means that player is good. False. Do the names Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell mean anything to you? Besides, more first round picks flame out than become superstars. Just because 

2. He is a professional football player. There is a certain speed to the game- you either adapt or die. I don't know how many phenomenal NCAA players have flamed out in the NFL because the game was too fast and the opposing teams are so much better. Tebow, Leinart, Vince Young to name a few. 

3. Let's be honest here- Ballard, Brown, Bradshaw and Choice all averaged above 4YPC behind that same O-Line. Trent averaged 2.9. The issue is not with the O-Line. Sure, they're sub-par but when four guys can do it, why can't #5? 

Here's the issue with Trent Richardson- He's a great dancer. I don't know if you watched the NE game, but on one play he attempted to juke a defender that was blocked to the ground, instead of running forward he began stutter stepping back and forth until the defender got up off the ground and tackled him. 

Here's the thing though. I want to be wrong. I want to be dead wrong about Trent Richardson. Maybe he had an off year- maybe he never had a chance through 3 months to learn the playbook. I hope he comes out next year and tears it up. But what we've seen this year is a less than mediocre runner with zero vision who prefers to hit holes off the field rather than on it. 

My point was that you said almost the exact same play was a trip, in the other image. Never mind you missed my point entirely. 

I'm just giving you a hard time BpG :D But I don't think those 2 plays were similar AT ALL. TRich should of stayed right tho as cutting back to his left allowed the defender to half way get up & stop him long enough for his teammates to help out. Like I said I expected better out of T & I never agreed with the 1st rd pick but "hopefully" he will turn it around next year. If not then I'm on the "Bust" wagon. His vision & awareness MUST improve....Almost like he is thinking too much & just dancing in the backfield when he's not being hit 2 yards behind the LOS.

Richardson ain't gonna turn it around.

Sure he can score from the 1 yard line, but unless you are in that position at least once a game then he is useless.

If he doesnt know the playbook then he will never know it.

He can block, sometimes pick up a first down in short yardage situations, and sometimes make a passing play, sounds like a fullback not a halfback. Nobody takes a fullback in the first round.

If we hand him the ball 300+ times he might have a 1000 yard season, so he will need probably at least 25 carries a game.

If the Colts want a power running offense then Richardson needs to stay on the bench.

You dont have to stack the box to defend Richardson. At most leave your middle linebacker or a safety on him, he will dance until they get there. Even if they dont get him he won't go far.

So we should all stick our heads in the sand and pretend everything is fine ?

He hurts the team, especially if they name him the starter. If Grigson actually thinks Richardson helped win games then we are in real trouble.

We have the best young QB in the league and it would be a shame to even waste one season that we have him by having a GM who will not admit he got bamboozled by the Browns. Like it or not we are rebuilding and Richardson costing us a first has hampered that.. What's done is done, he wasted a pick on a bust, it happens, but dont throw in a season for good measure. Richardson should be given a shot to prove he isnt a bust, and once he fails to do that we need someone who can come in and run for us.

So we should all stick our heads in the sand and pretend everything is fine ?

He hurts the team, especially if they name him the starter. If Grigson actually thinks Richardson helped win games then we are in real trouble.

We have the best young QB in the league and it would be a shame to even waste one season that we have him by having a GM who will not admit he got bamboozled by the Browns. Like it or not we are rebuilding and Richardson costing us a first has hampered that.. What's done is done, he wasted a pick on a bust, it happens, but dont throw in a season for good measure. Richardson should be given a shot to prove he isnt a bust, and once he fails to do that we need someone who can come in and run for us.

I really can't wait for you and everyone else to eat crow...If I'm wrong, I have no problem eating, but a lot of people will be shamed next season.

And you are basing this prediction on what ? Has to be college because the guy so far has done nothing as a pro.

He can pound it in from one yard out ...... Dang. We should call the Browns and give them our second rounder also, its only fair, considering all that we got.

Oh look, another Trent Richardson apologist. Here we go again.

1. Because a GM burned a first round pick on a player means that player is good. False. Do the names Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell mean anything to you? Besides, more first round picks flame out than become superstars. Just because 

2. He is a professional football player. There is a certain speed to the game- you either adapt or die. I don't know how many phenomenal NCAA players have flamed out in the NFL because the game was too fast and the opposing teams are so much better. Tebow, Leinart, Vince Young to name a few. 

3. Let's be honest here- Ballard, Brown, Bradshaw and Choice all averaged above 4YPC behind that same O-Line. Trent averaged 2.9. The issue is not with the O-Line. Sure, they're sub-par but when four guys can do it, why can't #5? 

Here's the issue with Trent Richardson- He's a great dancer. I don't know if you watched the NE game, but on one play he attempted to juke a defender that was blocked to the ground, instead of running forward he began stutter stepping back and forth until the defender got up off the ground and tackled him. 

Here's the thing though. I want to be wrong. I want to be dead wrong about Trent Richardson. Maybe he had an off year- maybe he never had a chance through 3 months to learn the playbook. I hope he comes out next year and tears it up. But what we've seen this year is a less than mediocre runner with zero vision who prefers to hit holes off the field rather than on it. 

Leaf and Russell are the worst 1st Rd picks in NFL history because they do not work at their trade at all.

Wow, you mention Tebow... Your just like the other guy now...

I really can't wait for you and everyone else to eat crow...If I'm wrong, I have no problem eating, but a lot of people will be shamed next season.

Shamed for what? Admitting the truth...that Richardson absolutely freaking sucked this season! I've said all along, I hope he proves me wrong and I think every other fan that has said negative things about him hopes the exact same thing. No true fan actually wants a player to suck as bad as Richardson has so far, but being able to admit that he has is nothing I, or anyone else is going to feel shame for. 

Leaf and Russell are the worst 1st Rd picks in NFL history because they do not work at their trade at all.

Wow, you mention Tebow... Your just like the other guy now...

I translate this as "Oh my god, you made valid points I can't refute. I need to insult you and be condescending!"

Alright Modern. We get it. Trent Richardson sucks in your eyes.

There is STILL a reason this guy was picked top 3. I think its a confidence thing. If he gets into shape over the offseason and becomes familiar with the offence and the playbook, i think he can still be a solid RB in the NFL.

Wasnt the man who drafted him 3rd overall fired ? There was a reason for that too. Take a look at who else the Browns took in the 1st, Brandon Weeden .... Yeah they were awesome at talent evaluation that year.