Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Draft Spot is.......

NewColtsFan

..... 26th overall.   

Not sure if that will hold in every round.    I don't think so, but I don't know yet....

But in the first round,  we're 26th.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/112741/2014-draft-order-divisional-round

..... 26th overall.   

Not sure if that will hold in every round.    I don't think so, but I don't know yet....

But in the first round,  we're 26th.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/112741/2014-draft-order-divisional-round

That's pretty late...a high 2nd round pick is better than that IMO.

If Trent comes in next year and has an awesome year I will be ok with giving up the first.

Get him an OL and use him correctly (Not just OBVIOUS run situations) and I still believe in him!  A healthy Ballard would be nice too,,,,have not heard much about his recovery.

Guys taken in the 2nd round at the 58th overall pick:

2009 - Sebastian Vollmer

2010 - Ben Tate

2011 - Torrey Smith

2012 - Lavonte David

2013 - Montee Ball

Lots of good talent

Also, I think T-Rich is worth more than the 26th overall pick.  He's already shown he's very good at pass blocking.  I can't wait to see how he does next year with training camp, OTAs, and more time to get used to the playbook and OL

Grigs better be working on that draft board something fierce. He needs to knock this draft out of the park! 

I heard he was scouting a fast little WR near the Afghan/Pakistani border.  His name is unknown, but has never failed to deliver the opium.  This just in...photo captured on his home field....nobody around him...obvious  :td:  :td:  :td:  :td: !!!!

afghan-opium.jpg

I heard he was scouting a fast little WR near the Afghan/Pakistani border. His name is unknown, but has never failed to deliver the opium. This just in...photo captured on his home field....nobody around him...obvious :td::td::td::td: !!!!

afghan-opium.jpg

Lots of underrated talent in the APFL.

2009 - Sebastian Vollmer

2010 - Ben Tate

2011 - Torrey Smith

2012 - Lavonte David

2013 - Montee Ball

Lots of good talent

Also, I think T-Rich is worth more than the 26th overall pick.  He's already shown he's very good at pass blocking.  I can't wait to see how he does next year with training camp, OTAs, and more time to get used to the playbook and OL

I can't wait to see him with an O-line

yeah but we do have a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and whatever we gain/lose from some of the conditional pick trades so...it still kinda matters ;)

Well, anything can happen, Colts could trade around in the draft, trade players, sign players, with Grigson it's ANYONE's guess cause the dude is simply willing to move around if he sees something he wants.

Hopefully he takes all those picks and trades to the first round to pick Johny Football Manziel.  The Colts aren't going anywhere as long as they have a QB that chokes in the playoffs.  My word, the kid had thrown 8 INTs in three playoff games.  I hope when he becomes an architect his buildings don't fall apart like that.

2009 - Sebastian Vollmer

2010 - Ben Tate

2011 - Torrey Smith

2012 - Lavonte David

2013 - Montee Ball

Lots of good talent

Also, I think T-Rich is worth more than the 26th overall pick. He's already shown he's very good at pass blocking. I can't wait to see how he does next year with training camp, OTAs, and more time to get used to the playbook and OL

Richardson has the potential to be worth our 26th pick (there's a reason he was drafted 3rd overall), so far, however, he has been worth diddly-poo to us.

I normally agree with what you say here, but how can you say TRich is worth more than the 26th round pick.  You could have picked tons of guys off the street to do what he did for our team.  There are a ton of bigger backs who signed for nothing in the offseason and we gave up a huge piece of our future for a good pass blocker?  I thought he did a pretty good job blocking this year but I wasn't even overly impressed with that.

If I give up a first round pick for a running back ( remember,  not too many backs are even considered worthy of a 1st round pick) I expect rushing yards, efficient 3rd down, blocking AND improvement through the season.  He, at BEST, provided only one of those.

He was just about worthless to our team this year. 

I truly hope that changes with OTA's and some O line work.

We have to stop sugar coating his performance this year.

Draft D and only D. Luck has shown he can move the ball with the receivers he has in front of him. Luck's production will only go up, once he feels the weight of the world off his shoulders. Once he can relax and play his game, not worry about putting up a lot of points because his defence might not be able to hold the opponent to less than 25 points, the offence will see an increase in production.