Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

joe vellano tripping

coming on strong

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said that based on the behind-the-line view that I saw.

I admitted that I was wrong.

Now, let's see you be reasonable and admit that Vellano was held.

Did I not already say that? Because I feel like I did when I said "two wrongs make the tripping not count?"

You don't read so good huh?

You said that the refs were helping the Patriots out.

Yet they didn't call a penalty on the Colts until the 3rd quarter.

Specious logic.

I bet you scored a 1400 on your SAT...

Ok, *, since you seem to have the understanding of a second grader, let me be quite clear.

Read it slowly, and twice if need be. 

The non-calls against the Patriot defense hurt the Colts. 

NOT the calls that went against the Indy offense or defense.

I'm sure you still don't understand, but what else is new?

:thmup:

I bet you scored a 1400 on your SAT...

Ok, *, since you seem to have the understanding of a second grader, let me be quite clear.

Read it slowly, and twice if need be. 

The non-calls against the Patriot defense hurt the Colts. 

NOT the calls that went against the Indy offense or defense.

I'm sure you still don't understand, but what else is new?

Non calls?

Yeah, those fabricated non calls in your mind are why the Colts lost.

Not Luck's 4 INTs.

Not the Patriots 234 running yards.

Yep, those phantom non calls.

Non calls?

Not Luck's 4 INTs.

Pretty ignorant to just look at the stat line when reviewing a game. You might as well not watch the game then.

Non calls?

Not Luck's 4 INTs.

Ha. Sure thing, chief. It's all in my head.

Because I'm the only one claiming the Patriots got away with several interferences that that were not called, right?

Right.

Colts got out played and lost.

Rather Pats fans want to admit it or not they got some calls last night. Problem for the Colts they still got out played despite the refs. The refs didn't make Luck throw four INTs and cause the defense to not be able to tackle a running back. Those two things are the reason we lost.

Rather Pats fans want to admit it or not they got some calls last night. Problem for the Colts they still got out played despite the refs. The refs didn't make Luck throw four INTs and cause the defense to not be able to tackle a running back. Those two things are the reason we lost.

Hard to pin the last one on him with the Colts already being out of it. And hard to pin the one that bounced off Havili on him too. You can't just look at the stat line. I'd say our inability to stop the run lost the game for us.

Hard to pin the last one on him with the Colts already being out of it. And hard to pin the one that bounced off Havili on him too. You can't just look at the stat line. I'd say our inability to stop the run lost the game for us.

the last one didn't matter but when you have thrown three before it you don't realty get a pass on the last one. The one to the fullback was thrown behind him so yes Luck did have a role in that one. You can't turn the ball over four times in New England and win. Heck normally can't get away with doing it twice up there and winning.

This is one of the most pathetic threads I have ever seen. I assume, if you have the ability to post on this message board, you have an internet connection? Just go to the box score for the game. What do I see there?

Penalties - 4 vs. Colts and 4 vs. Patriots

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You're crying about the refs when both teams were called for the same amount of penalties.

Breakdown of Colt's 4 penalties:

1 False Start, 1 Offside (Can't complain about either) .. There was the Darius Butler personal foul which means nothing since there were like 6 touchbacks out of 7 kicks? What was lost there. The only judgment penalty made was the PI call which WAS PI. The guy never turned around and wasn't playing the ball and made contact with the receiver.

It's hilarious the way people point to missed calls here and there for their team, but never point out the calls their team had in their favor. Vellano and Ninkovich were both being held on that trip; Chandler Jones was held all game. You know what? I'm glad the Colts weren't called for those. I like when the refs swallow their whistles and let the players play.

To cry about officiating when penalties were 4 - 4 is just pathetic...

This is one of the most pathetic threads I have ever seen. I assume, if you have the ability to post on this message board, you have an internet connection? Just go to the box score for the game. What do I see there?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You're crying about the refs when both teams were called for the same amount of penalties.

1 False Start, 1 Offside (Can't complain about either) .. There was the Darius Butler personal foul which means nothing since there were like 6 touchbacks out of 7 kicks? What was lost there. The only judgment penalty made was the PI call which WAS PI. The guy never turned around and wasn't playing the ball and made contact with the receiver.

It's hilarious the way people point to missed calls here and there for their team, but never point out the calls their team had in their favor. Vellano and Ninkovich were both being held on that trip; Chandler Jones was held all game. You know what? I'm glad the Colts weren't called for those. I like when the refs swallow their whistles and let the players play.

So you think it's admirable to discuss officiating is what I'm gathering from this post.

This coming from the fan of a player who bragged about having an influence on his coach being fired. You stay classy now...

the last one didn't matter but when you have thrown three before it you don't realty get a pass on the last one. The one to the fullback was thrown behind him so yes Luck did have a role in that one. You can't turn the ball over four times in New England and win. Heck normally can't get away with doing it twice up there and winning.

It practically hit Havili in the chest. I'd say 1% blame on Luck since it was a little behind him, but any NFL player should catch that.

Pretty ignorant to just look at the stat line when reviewing a game. You might as well not watch the game then.

It's even more ignorant to claim that the refs were responsible for the colts' loss. Sour grapes.

Again, Ninkovich and Vellano were clearly held on that play.

Why aren't Colt fans admitting that? The holds are even easier to see than the trip.

It's even more ignorant to claim that the refs were responsible for the colts' loss. Sour grapes.

Why aren't Colt fans admitting that? The holds are even easier to see than the trip.

If you think that's holding in today's NFL then it can be called on 80% of the plays. Wrapped underneath the shoulder pads is no longer holding. Do I think that's dumb? Yes. But when it's so inconsistently called, it makes it unfair.

One call doesn't off set about three or four clear ones that went against the Colts.  With that said as I have kept saying from the starts those three or four calls didn't off-set the Colts four INTs or lack of being able to tackle a NFL runningback which are the two main reasons we lost.  Your team got the calls last night for the most part and it's not just Colts fans saying this.  http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pereira-refs-still-have-some-work-to-do-after-average-performance-011114 he's on one's side but the officials.  There he sights two calls that were missed against New England.  Your team got more calls.  Honestly I think Colts fans would respect Pats fans if they would just say yeah we got some calls rather than always trying to pretend like they don't or that it was even because some how one call offsets three or four.  Did the refs change the outcome of the game?  I don't think so. IMO if you turn the ball over four times and can't stop the other team from running inbetween the tackles you are reaching a little bit to blame the refs which is why I don't think you are seeing anyone other than some Colts fans doing it. 

Even admitting a hold occurred doesn't change the fact that the Pats benefited from the refs blunders silly.

That was not a penalty. Vellano was clearly engaged and was then pushed, which caused him to take that step.

Luck chose to ran where Velano was stepping.

If anyone wants to use Dierdorf's misconception of true, by all means, have at it.

look the patriots were the better team and most likely would win anyway , i know your bias but if it happen to the pats you would feel some type of way

They don't call penalties on NE in the playoffs. Everyone really needs to come to grips with it. How many years, how many games do you have to see, before it truly sinks in? Yes, it was blatant and obvious. One could make a full length film of blatant and obvious uncalled penalties by that team. Go into any pub, anywhere in this country and ask any Joe, (except NE) it's common knowledge. Only the media spins fabulous yarns of greatness about the patriots. Take the BLUE pill.....

look the patriots were the better team and most likely would win anyway , i know your bias but if it happen to the pats you would feel some type of way

I disagree the colts could have won that easily but Luck made a couple of bad throws but the WR did not help him on two of his 4 picks so those two I don't put on him but if they would have had just that one turnover and would have scored more points and the defense didn't suck ya the colts could have won that and those no call on obvious penalties on NE was nonsense.

yes the refs blew some calls but bottom line Colts played poorly on D and Luck made mistakes and couldn't overcome those mistakes. Colts needed to overcome the bad ref calls and their own mistakes. D got run over all game  let over 200 yards rushing. Brady had 0 TD passes and we lost.  Refs are not to blame for this game,

Plain and simple.

For New England to beat us physically the way they did generates way more disgust for me than the refs bad or missed calls.

What did BB do?

Belichick and the New England Patriots being disciplined for video taping coaches' signals. This was in violation of league rules and he was fined a maximum penalty of half a million dollars and loss in draft picks. Belichick admitted that his role in video taping other teams dated back to year 2000. Belichick, crew, and anyone with a role in it are cheats. Similar to Lance Armstrong, should have been removed from the league and stripped of his wins.

Belichick and the New England Patriots being disciplined for video taping coaches' signals. This was in violation of league rules and he was fined a maximum penalty of half a million dollars and loss in draft picks. Belichick admitted that his role in video taping other teams dated back to year 2000. Belichick, crew, and anyone with a role in it are cheats. Similar to Lance Armstrong, should have been removed from the league and stripped of his wins.

That's it? Are you serious? So the Colts lost Saturday because the Patriots filmed from a banned location 7 or 8 years ago?