Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

john boyett

CR91

I wouldn't mind bringing him back. I didn't see the point in cutting him anyway. Yeah, he made a dumb mistake, but many young players have done that and much worse. 

Not really. At least not many have done worse and kept their job. 

The two things that really sealed his fait, in my opinion, were repeatedly bringing the Colts into it (" you can't arrest me I'm on the Colts!")

and then threatening to come back and settle the score with the officer afterwards.

We could really use his talent at that position but he will have to really repent to get another chance here.

Not likely at this point.....

He was signed by Denver on to their practice squad about 4-6 weeks ago.

So, while I was hoping we'd resign him for 2014,  unless Denver lets him go,  that's not going to happen........

Oh well......

We can still sign him off of their PS, put him on our active roster. 

Then, of course we'd put him IR with the rest of our walking wounded.

(in case anyone thinks I'm serious - I'm not)

I want no part of this alcoholic on our team or driving god forbid within our community. We had to make an example out of him, because he involved our team and name. The group madd would‘ve came down hard on us, if he wasn‘t canned. Yes, i am aware that he wasn‘t driving...this time. What about next?...

I was hoping that with the Colts advice,  the kid would go to a rehab clinic,  stay 60 days...    get healthy, both with alcohol and get his knees rehabbed....    completely clean-up his act....

Then....

Shortly after our season ends -- whenever that is -- we re-sign him to a futures contract.....   let him low profile his life for a while and start all over again....

He said and did some incredibly stupid stuff...    but by all accounts that was the alcohol talking, not a sober kid.

He's got talent and passion for the game.    The Colts need that.

If we can find a way to bring him back,  I'm all for it....

If not.....    life goes on......

I want no part of this alcoholic on our team or driving god forbid within our community. We had to make an example out of him, because he involved our team and name. The group madd would‘ve came down hard on us, if he wasn‘t canned. Yes, i am aware that he wasn‘t driving...this time. What about next?...

If you think he is an alcoholic, you should come to ireland!

It's more like "ah jaysus, cop on trying to arrest me now, bud. I'll fight ya for your shoelaces, ya filthy geebag."

Hang on, I gotta write that down in my travel book.

I'd hate to commit a faux pas when being arrested in another country.

O judgemental are we? Alcholic and you know this from his medical history? And I don't care if MADD, SADD, PETA or any other hypocrictical organization doesn't like someone the colts sign or resign, its not there business and if they have a suite in the stadium, they can choose to give up their seats. People are so dang tightly strung anymore that they are so worried what everyone thinks about them. Jeez, we are such politically correct wussies in this country anymore, no wonder we have fallen off the ledge.

Now the reason I wouldn't want him back would be he threatened the police officer, not because he said he was a colt. If I was a colt and got in trouble, better believe I'd mention it too