Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boston Globe Article - Enjoy this one..... [Merge]

jblastick

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. Seriously. If you think so little of the Colts, why not find another team to follow, and another forum to exhaust with your gloom?

news flash for you buddy

the colts lose games.  they lose playoff games.  every team does.  i hope i am wrong but i am going with what i have seen.  and that says the colts will lose and lose big.  and it is what i expected from the get go.  win the division and a playoff game.  i am happy with what they have done this year. 

news flash for you buddy

the colts lose games. they lose playoff games. every team does. i hope i am wrong but i am going with what i have seen. and that says the colts will lose and lose big. and it is what i expected from the get go. win the division and a playoff game. i am happy with what they have done this year.

You are truly exhausting. Buddy.

Please do not judge Pats fans based on Dan Shaugnessy. They guy is a total tool. He wrote a very similar article last year when the pats played Houston in the divisonal round. He said the Pats had become the first team in the history of the NFL to get TWO byes to the AFCCG. Ay, ay. ay. And while he was right as the Pats destroyed the Texans, he has a penchant for coming across as a two year old. No one in Boston takes him seriously, I assure you.

I'm not gonna lie he was right on that one. Pats did get 2 free trips to the AFC championship facing the Texans. They have no offense and the D never shows up against the Pats.

I would saw this to Dan Shaughnessy...Do you remember the 1999 Rams who came out of nowhere to shock the NFL with a World Championship? The 2001 Patriots? The 6th seed 2005 Steelers? 

There are always dark horses teams that knock off established veteran clubs. The NFL is full of surprises every year...Perhaps INDY is due to defy the odds this year & leave all sports experts at a loss for words.

SW1 is perfectly fine with that remarkable outcome. Never say never...

How come this "genius" reporter & I use the term loosely, never brought up the Playoff teams we have beaten this year? KC, 49ers, Seattle...Those wins just don't fall out of the sky...

I respect NE a great deal yes, but come on it's all about how they perform on Saturday. Great teams can misfire & have a horrible game it happens...

The 2007 NY Giants wore black to their own funeral supposedly & won a ring if I recall correctly did they not? 

Forget this fool. INDY is used to being ignored, under estimated, & 2nd guessed...Nothing new here...Same story different day of the week...

I have faith in the blue  :blueshoe:  to keep chopping down the post season opponent tree. Keep swinging, grinding, & chipping away at it. INDY is a hard hitting, never say die squad & I love that about us...

Looking at his picture..He looks like a cross between Bill Walton and Carrottop (the comedian)

Conan O'Brien on TBS does a segment called if they melded where a computer program combines 2 celebrities together to simulate their love child.

I wish I could see that picture speaking right now telling a standup joke TYG.  :lol:  :funny:  lmao

Two things need to happen for us to win. Pressure in some form has to show up on Brady. With a beat up secondary and no pressure if we do not - Brady will torch us for 400 yards. You might not like him but he's won 4 superbowls. Two - someone other than TY has to show up for our offense. St Louis and Arizona covered Ty like a blanket - and Luck was beaten like a rag doll.

You give Dudeski a hard time but even the neutral opinion IS going to favor New England. They have consistency in their house plus against us in their house on their side.

Go Colts. Ill go with my heart though - 38-35 Colts.

I decided after I quoted TYG to take him up on his suggestion & read the comments below the article. A great idea & well worth it...Best one IMO below: 

"Indy has beaten Seattle, San Francisco and Denver."

"Please.  This is no place for facts."

LOL! That made me laugh so darn hard!  :P

hmm thats odd

maybe it is something on your end

Sure. Buddy.

Just like you are kind enough to allow us under-informed fans to maintain our "delusions" about the Colts, it is your prerogative to believe that the issue is on my end, if you so wish.

news flash for you buddy

the colts lose games.  they lose playoff games.  every team does.  i hope i am wrong but i am going with what i have seen.  and that says the colts will lose and lose big.  and it is what i expected from the get go.  win the division and a playoff game.  i am happy with what they have done this year. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQK6t2Esng

The writer has become a parody of himself. And to those saying "This is why I hate New England' or 'This shows how arrogant New England is'...read this:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super-page/shaughnessy-is-now-plagiarizing-his-own-troll-jobs/

I actually enjoy this website.  He can be a pompous jerk, but I'll take a jerk who shoots from the hips and tells it like it is in a blog over a troll of a journalist writing for the paper.  Plus, no one can throw in subtle, but hilarious jokes like El Pres can.  Dude's hilarious, even if I want to puke every time he talks abotu Gronkowski, Belicheck, Brady, or anything else Patriots.

The writer has become a parody of himself. And to those saying "This is why I hate New England' or 'This shows how arrogant New England is'...read this:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super-page/shaughnessy-is-now-plagiarizing-his-own-troll-jobs/

There is a sort of unsettling trend in this thread of blaming Patriots fans for Shaughnessy's nonsense, lol...

It's not us, folks. This guy is just a writer. He is no one's "voice" except his own.

Everyone I've talked to about Saturday is unsure about what's going to happen. It will be a good game, nobody is taking the Colts lightly. We follow Belichick's lead on these things, haha... 

I'm one of 5 Colts fans in Boston.  Shaughnessey is not taken seriously by a lot of people up here.  The reality is that the Colts have to play at a very high level just stay in the game on Saturday.  Some unexpected players will have to play exceptionally well for us to win - a WR other than TY; a d-lineman or LB other than Mathis and Freeman - and the secondary has to control Edelman and Amendola.  We know how Luck has to play - 300+ yards, no turnovers, a couple of key drive saving scrambles and maybe a rushing TD.  The defense has be on for 60 minutes and keep Brady under 30 pts.l

The flip side our youth and inexperience could catch up and this game goes sideways and the Pats roll us.  Shaughnessy has taken this approach - he's not being especially provocative or clever in this article - he's gone shallow reflecting his laziness

Man all these Boston media members are clowns and jokes.

All the Pats writers are terrible excuses for writers... Jack Edwards is the worst commentator in sports. 

It's really embarrassing.

Yeah, HOF writer Bob Ryan is a joke.

So is HOF writer Jackie McMullen.

As is HOF writer Peter Gammons.

Shaughnesst, on the other hand, IS a joke.

What idiocy is this ?

How is a writer a reflection of a fan base?

If that's the case, how 'bout we judge Colt fans by Kravitz?

I have to disagree with you here. Read some of the comments following the article. The writer is apparently a poopie stirrer!

The Pats fans realize "any given Sunday " applies to them too.

Indeed...in fact...they probably know it better than any team in sports. I've never seen a more dominant team than the 07 Pats lose to a bigger underdog...so they know...and this kind of writing is just for web hits. Its like Skip and Steven A. Say outrageous stuff to get attention and feedback....its all a show.

There is a sort of unsettling trend in this thread of blaming Patriots fans for Shaughnessy's nonsense, lol...

It's not us, folks. This guy is just a writer. He is no one's "voice" except his own.

Everyone I've talked to about Saturday is unsure about what's going to happen. It will be a good game, nobody is taking the Colts lightly. We follow Belichick's lead on these things, haha... 

I'm out of likes....I will say often that some members of this forum are far far far to sensitive to criticism or a disagreeable qoute or comment. Emphasis on "SOME". I think most realize hack writing (even if it turns out to come true) when they see it and don't attribute it to any posters or Pat fans. OF course any that fan that reitterates this non-sense and utter trash is fair game to a good tongue lashing because any respectable football fan knows that the outcome of this game is anything but certain and there are many storelines that could play out in determining the outcome.

Two things need to happen for us to win. Pressure in some form has to show up on Brady. With a beat up secondary and no pressure if we do not - Brady will torch us for 400 yards. You might not like him but he's won 4 superbowls. Two - someone other than TY has to show up for our offense. St Louis and Arizona covered Ty like a blanket - and Luck was beaten like a rag doll.

You give Dudeski a hard time but even the neutral opinion IS going to favor New England. They have consistency in their house plus against us in their house on their side.

Go Colts. Ill go with my heart though - 38-35 Colts.

I respect Brady as much as anyone...but I'm not going to give him a free SB win because if we were I'd like to give AL and Peyton another too for legacy sake lol.

What idiocy is this ?

How is a writer a reflection of a fan base?

If that's the case, how 'bout we judge Colt fans by Kravitz?

Idiocy? how about you look on ESPN and NFL threads on this game and tell me that Patriot fans aren't as arrogant as these writers. Bad writers reflect arrogant fans as much as good writers reflect good fans. Before insult someone, have some sense. 

Joke article.  Respect to the Pats but I feel very good about this game for the Colts.  This is certainly doable.

Indeed. NE is only going to get stronger in the coming years. That young offense is going to start to gel around Brady and Belichek had that defense at an elite level early in the season. I know we are growing better and more complete every game but NE is only getting better too. Anyone that thinks Brady is on the way out is just kidding themselves....the guy talked about playing until he is 50....and I believe he can play at an elite level at least til he is 40 and still be dangerous years after that. He may have 10 years left in him. HA HA I know people will say but we saw Favre play into his 40's and well too...and Brady has taken way way way less hits than him. The modern NFL qb has the tread of say a qb half his age of 15 yrs ago....they no longer get concussions or take big hits...no one hits their knees etc. With the exception of these running qbs these guys will last way longer than they ever did before. Vinny Testverde played in his 40's and was still servicable. Peyton is having his greatest year ever at 37...laugh but Tom will be here for a long time I believe. If you think those records and being the best ever only mean something to Peyton think again....no doubt Tom thinks that by the time he is done they are all in his reach too....and possibly 4 or 5 SBs too! And with Tom Brady at the helm NE will be a force for years....we have to go out and get it done with every opportunity we can...never know what next year will bring. Tom won his early and hasn't won any in awhile...nothing is written that Andrew will have years to do this. He may very well play for a long time but honestly Tom and Peyton and these guys aren't going to just leave quietly and hand the crown over...even when they finally are done there will be plenty of Russell Wilson's, Aaron Rodgers, and Ben Rothlisburgers fighting still....and whoever comes next. I say jump on them now....NE is very formidable and yet they may not be this ripe for a win against for a long while....I say go getem!