Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerrell Freeman

Dark Superman

My goodness what a find.

He's becoming one of my favorite players the guy just has that "it" factor.

He may very we'll be that middle linebacker that I have been waiting well over a decade for us to have..

He should be a pro bowler for sure.

The guy just makes plays..

I think if our other LBs get better and they are with McNary and Werner gaining experience Free will end up being our Clay Matthews the difference maker that can hurt you every way (blitz, TFL, strip fumbles and interceptions too).

I think if our other LBs get better and they are with McNary and Werner gaining experience Free will end up being our Clay Matthews the difference maker that can hurt you every way (blitz, TFL, strip fumbles and interceptions too).

I don't see the Mathews comparison....Freeman will never get those sack numbers.

I'm all for it as long as his thumbs stay intact.

"Lil ray lewis"

You take that back!!

My goodness what a find.

He may very we'll be that middle linebacker that I have been waiting well over a decade for us to have..

true that he just a freak lb.... ea needs to boost him to over 90+ how hes been playing 

He really filled up the stat sheet this year. 126 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 6 PDs, 2 INTs, 6 FFs.

BTW, there are only 3 players in the NFL with at least 8 INTs+FFs (each has exactly 8): Richard Sherman, Robert Mathis, and Jerrell Freeman.

The silent assassin. Without looking up his stats, I wouldn't have guessed he'd done ALL of that. The guy is good.. damn good..

For a relatively unknown young NFL guy, he has played outstanding. He is becoming known more for making solid to great plays than missing an assignment. I would attempt to make a run a signing him this offseason to a reasonable deal and gamble that his production continues to go up as opposed to waiting another season and having him hit FA as an improved player looking for top 3 LB money. If he, Mcnary and Boern all continue this path, one more LB spot needs upgraded in time instead of the whole group which was what several thought at the start of the year. Guess we will see how this group handles the playoff qb's and top talent.

was snubbed with no pro bowl selection :bored:

He hasn't played at this level all year, only last quarter maybe with some good plays before that really. A no name guy on a questionable defense that stars Mathis only and this is what happens if he stands out next season, his name will have already been put into the hat of recognition an he will get the nod perhaps. Had he played this way all year as he did the last 3 games he would have been a lock. It is what it is

He hasn't played at this level all year, only last quarter maybe with some good plays before that really. A no name guy on a questionable defense that stars Mathis only and this is what happens if he stands out next season, his name will have already been put into the hat of recognition an he will get the nod perhaps. Had he played this way all year as he did the last 3 games he would have been a lock. It is what it is

Hes played at a high level all year.  126 tackles 5.5 Sacks 2 ints prow bowl snub no other way to put it  :hello:

Hes played at a high level all year.  126 tackles 5.5 Sacks 2 ints prow bowl snub no other way to put it  :hello:

He had a bad 4-6 weeks, as did the entire defense. I guess it's worth noting that he's still a second year player, so some inconsistency isn't surprising or even alarming, necessarily. But if we're in the mood to acknowledge a player's shortcomings, there are a few we can poke at with Freeman.

Overall, a very good season, though. And he ended it on a strong note, which is very encouraging.

mcnary has done nothing to ensure a roster spot. He sure hasn't earned a starting spot.

Bring in somebody

He's played well enough to earn a roster spot and be a bit of a joker linebacker on limited snaps, Times his blitzes well, Good sideline to sideline linebacker, Needs to get a bit better in coverage but not horrible

A true Diamond in the rough find by Grigson

Indeed. I know it is fashionable to put hate on Grigson for the Trent R-trade, for not fixing the O-Line, for Mr Stone Hands WR, etc, but I absolutely love how Grigson is doing everything he can within the salary cap to bring talent to this young, new era Colts. Sure, not every player works out, but few GMs try as hard as Grigson to get their team to the SB level as fast as him. :thmup:

He's played well enough to earn a roster spot and be a bit of a joker linebacker on limited snaps, Times his blitzes well, Good sideline to sideline linebacker, Needs to get a bit better in coverage but not horrible

he will be competing for a roster spot

Hes played at a high level all year. 126 tackles 5.5 Sacks 2 ints prow bowl snub no other way to put it :hello:

There are snubs all the time and I wasn't saying Freeman is bad, in fact I think he is the future there but he has to show it for an entire season. Stats don't tell the whole story and the eye test says he had some struggles in the year, as superman points out so did the entire team. I love what the guy brings but to say he played all year as he did the last 4 games would be lying to yourself. He made a lot of tackles early in the year and that's great but he wasn't making these game changing plays like the past 4 games. Again, if he behaves this way next season, he should make the list as his name has been talked about in the NFL circles because of his string of games where he was lights out.

Indeed. I know it is fashionable to put hate on Grigson for the Trent R-trade, for not fixing the O-Line, for Mr Stone Hands WR, etc, but I absolutely love how Grigson is doing everything he can within the salary cap to bring talent to this young, new era Colts. Sure, not every player works out, but few GMs try as hard as Grigson to get their team to the SB level as fast as him. :thmup:

Ok I belive we will start to see the benefit of signing trent here in the playoffs. ... However for sateke and mcglyn you have cherilus and nixon, or Thorton, for ole Ronnie Garvin(DHB), you have gems like Griff and Rogers, I say he's done a great job. .. O did I mention that 5 offensive starters were ir'd... In Griggs

We trust

My goodness what a find.

I was saying this last year too.

him and mathis are the reason our defense functions.

It's seems our D has those difference makers at every function. Pass rusher( Mathis), in the middle(Freeman), on the corners(Davis and Butler) and safety (Bethea). Makes for a well balanced defense without any huge holes in it.

It's seems our D has those difference makers at every function. Pass rusher( Mathis), in the middle(Freeman), on the corners(Davis and Butler) and safety (Bethea). Makes for a well balanced defense without any huge holes in it.

Yeah, those guys are great, but freeman and mathis are the MVPs of the defense.