Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something interesting occured to me today

danlhart87

Because Cousins has proven what exactly?

You say it like Kirk Cousins is bad. Beat the super bowl champs, the Browns good defense. If they send him to the right team, he could be a top 10 QB in 3-5 years. And based on the way we've played lately, many QB's have had breakout/dominant games on us

RE: Kirk Cousins. Leading up to the draft 2 years ago, the emotional side of me wanted to keep Peyton, trade the #1 for multiple picks, and draft Cousins later in the draft to be Mannings successor. I tried and tried to convince myself that this plan was the best route...........fully knowing that it was nonsense and passing up a player like Andrew Luck could haunt you for decades.

That being said, I believe Cousins has an opportunity to be a good QB in this league. I don't think he will be great, but he could be a solid starter with the right supporting cast. I hope for his sake that he is able to get out of Washington before they destroy him. 

It also came to light the real reason Cousins will be taking the field:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000297745/article/mike-shanahan-kirk-cousins-might-yield-firstrounder

No way he yields a first rounder in my opinion........but then again, I never thought Trent Richardson would either.

Each team in South besides Colts could have new starting QB next year!

Texans: Most likely Brigewater/Carr

Jaguars: Again Bridgewater/Carr

Titans: Manziel/Mettenberger

All the more reason to bolster our pass rush this offseason.

Release the hounds on the Rooks!

As long as none of them trade for Kirk Cousins I'm fine. Having to face Kirk twice could be a problem

I don't know why but I could see the Jags trading for Cousins. Who was the last QB they drafted that had any resemblance of success? I guess it would be Garrard(whom I actually enjoyed watching).

Now that I think about it... The Titans would be his best landing spot in the AFCS. Great developing OL, a young up-and-coming WR, a soon-to-be CJ?K vacant backfiled, and fans that will actually come to the games.

True dat. I've spent lots of one-on-one time with it, but it just doesn't have what it takes to be that other left shoe.

So we could say its a Darius Heyward-Boot?

Definitely not a TY Heelton...

Sooooo not a Wedgey Wayne...

Possibly a Da'Rick Cloggers?

Last one was bit of a stretch...

actually i could see the Jags trading a first or 2nd rounder for Cousins, especially if cousins does good these last three weeks. or even Arizona, because Palmer isn't going to be around much longer.

The skins came right out and said Cousins was their bargaining chip to get back in to the first round. I dont see Jacksonville pulling that trigger though, their pick will be too high in a QB deep draft. Perhaps Chicago or maybe even KC would pull that trigger. Not Jacksonville in this draft.

Guest TeamLoloJones

The skins came right out and said Cousins was their bargaining chip to get back in to the first round. I dont see Jacksonville pulling that trigger though, their pick will be too high in a QB deep draft. Perhaps Chicago or maybe even KC would pull that trigger. Not Jacksonville in this draft.

I don't see the point in trading for a QB that isn't any better than the other 1st round QBs in this class that has also used up 2 years of his rookie contract already.  And why in the world would KC trade for Cousins when they just traded for Smith?