Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston (+ 6.5) at Indianapolis (12-15-13)

oldunclemark

It all depends on whether the Texans have quit...

They've played so many close games.....and lost them all

Teams react inconsistently when coaches get fired.

There is reason for concern here because Houstons defense is very capable and they can run the ball.

I would take the Texans if I can get 7 points.

..but the Colts did score 28 in the second half last week...and it is Andrew vs. Case

yeah scoring 28 in the second half is nothing when you are down 2 or 3 touchdowns at the half. yes we made a come back against Houston a few weeks ago but as you said houston's defense is very capable.

Yeah that rookie from south carolina is "very capable" of getting us 30 yards in penalties :) like he did vs Jacksonville

It all depends on whether the Texans have quit...

They've played so many close games.....and lost them all

Teams react inconsistently when coaches get fired.

There is reason for concern here because Houstons defense is very capable and they can run the ball.

I would take the Texans if I can get 7 points.

..but the Colts did score 28 in the second half last week...and it is Andrew vs. Case

I would take the Texans with those points now if they were starting Schaub. But, I agree with you that you would need more with Case starting. They are a dangerous team and if their defense, especially Watt, has a big day it will be tough to beat them. They have continued to play hard and I don't think that will change.  :D

Colts get back on track and win by 17.  Getting a replacement for DHB is HUGE and unless Rogers drops a td and major first down  he's already better.

Defense should be embarrassed by how bad they have gotten.  I guess they will be holding out Toler and anybody else with more than a hang nail in preparation for the playoffs but the d needs to get mad and man up. 

I think we win the last three and cruise into the first round against KC for a second victory in three weeks. 

Colts get back on track and win by 17.  Getting a replacement for DHB is HUGE and unless Rogers drops a td and major first down  he's already better.

Defense should be embarrassed by how bad they have gotten.  I guess they will be holding out Toler and anybody else with more than a hang nail in preparation for the playoffs but the d needs to get mad and man up. 

I think we win the last three and cruise into the first round against KC for a second victory in three weeks. 

We have an extremely small sample size but I don't remember Rodgers having any bad drops like DHB has had.  

So if he catches 3 out of 4 balls that hit him right in his chest, he's better then DHB.

He already has more TD's then DHB.  And he had to work for those.  DHB got his 1 TD because we confused the defense tossed him a short pass behind the line of scrimmage with no one near him and he basically walked it in.  

Rodgers actually had to get open, catch in traffic and break some tackles to get his TD's.

Don't know about this one. It certainly is not a game I'd feel comfortable with saying we will walk away with a win. We should win, as we are the better team, but should win and will win are two completely different things.

If we spot them 14 to 21 points as per our usual of late, we lose.

I think the main thing is that Houston hasn't beaten the Colts in Indy, ever.

I just like our chances based on that fact, and that we don't lose back-to-back games.

That is the silliest statistic that Colts fans throw around. It won't last, it is not a matter of if the Colts will eventually lose back to back games but when. In fact, they are very overdue to have that happen. I don't think it will happen this year unless they lose to KC and decide to tank on Jacksonville which is possible, I guess.   :D

Houston 30 Colts 15 and yes sitting luck in fantasy again-dropped the others I had a long time ago. Josh McCown has been my fantasy qb savior!

lmao seriously?? Houston 30 and indy 15? even when we only won 2 games two years ago we still beat houston at home. Houston has not won in indy in their franchise history and wont happen this weekend either. 

That is the silliest statistic that Colts fans throw around. It won't last, it is not a matter of if the Colts will eventually lose back to back games but when. In fact, they are very overdue to have that happen. I don't think it will happen this year unless they lose to KC and decide to tank on Jacksonville which is possible, I guess.   :D

Fair enough.

Last time they couldn't even beat us when their team went up 21-0 in Houston. And with Wade Phillips, I don't see them winning another game.

I know personally that record won't last because all records come to a close sooner or later. But it is still a STANDING record so I will continue to use it until something else happens, whether you like it or not sir.

well if it comes down to Cinci and or New England losing these next two games  which its possible for NE to lose the next two and Cinci to lose two of the next three we hold the tie breaker over NE due to conference record so we could end up with the 3rd seed still. if we win 2 of the next three

Cinci: @ Pitts @ Minnesota, Baltimore

New England:@ Miami @ Baltimore and Buffalo

i think we beat the texans, by a large margin (10+)..

i just have a feeling the 2nd half of cincy game was the turnaround for the offense, and will carry over to next games.. the defense could then be on the field less and everything just clicks as we get hot for the playoffs..

might be just wishful thinking, but until proven otherwise........  :)

If you take a step back and look at things.....Houston has lost 11 in a row and they've come-from-ahead to lose..

Can we count on that?

If we don't waste time trying to establish the run (we cant run on them) I thin we can put them  in a hole they wont have the energy left to rally from

No. That's the lowest they can be as a Division winner, but they can theoretically be anything from 4 to 1, AFAIK...

The Denver loss to San Diego opened all sorts of pandora's box scenarios. Other teams have to lose, but there is a shot the Colts can get a playoff bye.

We are the 4th seed no matter what happens right? If that's the case I'll take houston plus the points

No..Colts (8-5) have lost 5 and, in theory, with 3 final wins...

NE (10-3) could go 0-3 and finish 10-6, Cincy (9-4) could go 1-2 and finish 10-6, KC (10-3) could go 1-2 and finish 11-5 (its highly unlikely but possible for Denver to go 0-2 and finish 11-5).....but there is a mathematical possibility that the Colts could be the No, 1 seed