Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Rainey to IR Running Back Tashard Choice signed.(merge)

Coltsfan911

Its possible we let brown walk and go after cj2k. I suppose it'd depend on how much money he would want, but hes lightning in space. I wouldn't be surprised if we took a chance, even at his worst hes never had less than 1000 yards in a season. Cj trent and ballard, with rainey returning kicks?

Its possible we let brown walk and go after cj2k. I suppose it'd depend on how much money he would want, but hes lightning in space. I wouldn't be surprised if we took a chance, even at his worst hes never had less than 1000 yards in a season. Cj trent and ballard, with rainey returning kicks?

I'm thinking he will be very expensive. But who knows really.

Just NO NO NO Rainey would get past the 20 Reed was lucky to make it to the 10 yard line . HE just didn't make people miss or hesitated to long and had no chance .

What were their respective averages?

Plus Reed didn'tuff punts in back to back games. Ball security is worth more than anything.

2 muffed punts. And I believe worse average yardage but I would have to check that.

It's all relative. For whatever reason our blocking on punts and kick returns has always been pitiful.

I only noticed one yesterday. Was there one against the Titans that I missed?

I think Rainey returned the ball better than Reed, didn't get stopped much before the 20. Even the missed catch yesterday was after the 20 I believe?

I only noticed one yesterday. Was there one against the Titans that I missed?

I think Rainey returned the ball better than Reed, didn't get stopped much before the 20. Even the missed catch yesterday was after the 20 I believe?

He muffed one against the Titans last week. I think in the third quarter but I could be wrong on the timing.

The punt he muffed yesterday cost us about 20 yards. And he seemed like he struggled to track the ball yesterday.

I agree Rainey came out with more energy, but it's not like he was doing a drastically better job than Reed IMO.

The blocking and scheming seems to be the problem really.

injures just keep pilling up it is frustrating but Ryan Grigson has done a good job finding cheap replacements. you can say all you want about Richardson but he was drafted 3rd overall for a reason he will have a breakout game before the year is over. Richardson was not a cheap replacement but it was a good trade.

2 muffed punts. And I believe worse average yardage but I would have to check that.

It's all relative. For whatever reason our blocking on punts and kick returns has always been pitiful.

so you mean Rainey is worse then TY.. Reed didn't return punts but in know ways is he close to Rainey in talent and/or contribution

so you mean Rainey is worse then TY.. Reed didn't return punts but in know ways is he close to Rainey in talent and/or contribution

No. I'm saying he out the ball on the turf twice in two games. I know who returned punts prior to the Rainey acquisition. But people are acting like he was head and shoulders better than Reed. But if Reed muffed two returns people would have been calling for his head even more than they were. I don't trust guys who can't hang on to the ball.

What are the averages for the two men returning for us?

He muffed one against the Titans last week. I think in the third quarter but I could be wrong on the timing.

The punt he muffed yesterday cost us about 20 yards. And he seemed like he struggled to track the ball yesterday.

I agree Rainey came out with more energy, but it's not like he was doing a drastically better job than Reed IMO.

The blocking and scheming seems to be the problem really.

That explains it. I missed the Titans game, unfortunately.

Maybe Irsay sent him for lashes. Now he's on IR. :peek:

Colts placed RB/KR Chris Rainey on injured reserve with a broken leg, ending his season.

Rainey suffered the injury in Sunday's Week 14 loss at Cincy. During three weeks with the Colts, the speedster returned four punts for 29 yards and six kickoffs for 131 yards. Rainey did not see a single touch from scrimmage.

Dec 9 - 9:46 AM