Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne?

HawkeyesColts

Yes, they put some fairy dust that they received from one Kris Kringle in Reggie's torn acl and it is almost fully healed. His leg should be stronger than every in 2 weeks.

and hopefully it will reverse his aging process and take him back to 21.

No, Reggie isn't coming back this season.

What I don't understand is why Allen wasn't designated for return. It couldn't hurt; we haven't used it for anyone else. He was hurt the first game of the season, and his surgery was in late Sept. with a 3-4 month recovery time. Being young and assuming he is a fast healer, there was a chance we could have had him back for the playoffs. Slim, yes, but worth a DFR slot IMO. Then again, rushing him back may not be the best thing (out of football shape, risk of re-injury)

No, Reggie isn't coming back this season.

What I don't understand is why Allen wasn't designated for return. It couldn't hurt; we haven't used it for anyone else. He was hurt the first game of the season, and his surgery was in late Sept. with a 3-4 month recovery time. Being young and assuming he is a fast healer, there was a chance we could have had him back for the playoffs. Slim, yes, but worth a DFR slot IMO. Then again, rushing him back may not be the best thing (out of football shape, risk of re-injury)

I heard D.A. on the radio the other day. He said he had to have surgery on his other hip to sort of "even things out." From what I understand, he's just getting to the point where he can start working on getting his body in shape.

It's on 1070thefan.com, the JMV podcast from last Friday.

Reggie looked pretty mad today when DHB dropped the ball lol

Yeah, Reggie has probably been working with him and Bey just forgot everything...didn't hands-catch the ball and let it come into his chest and bounce off when he could not cradle it...a terrible highschool attempt to catch a ball.

Reggie may not even be back til mid season next year if at all.  He's had a great career and may just decide that it's time to retire.

Everything I have read on Reggie says he's on pace to be back by camp next year, also Reggie has said in multiple interviews that he will be back next year. 

Wow! ...and he figures he can get one here? 

...it does not look like we can be true SB contenders so soon as next year.

Unlike you, I tend to be the optimist.

If we break the bank and fix the Oline, get a couple of Inside LB'ers that are appropriate for the 3-4.

Then we get all the players back from IR, yeah I think there is the potential for a run.

Before all the injuries stacked up on us, this team was playing some impressive ball, for the most part.

I just like to keep it positive and optimistic, being critical and negative just don't cut it for me.

I guess I'm a glass half full kind of guy...

I think that if Reggie wasn't of the same opinion, he'd be back in Miami getting settled into retirement.