Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landry fined $15,750 for roughing the passer.

Dustin

The #Texans' Antonio Smith, #Colts' LaRon Landry and #Raiders' Sio Moore all were fined $15,750 for roughing the passer.

I don't remember this.

He hit the qb and was flagged then walked away shaking his head. Replay seemed to show him hitting the qb with his arms and shoulder but it was after the ball was thrown. I did not feel a penalty was warranted but the announcers said he had lead with his head. It just did not appear to me on the replay that that was the case.

he did get a penalty for a blow to the head of a defenseless receiver. Maybe the guy that tweeted this got it mixed up?

edit: that was actually Butler.

Yes it was called on Landry but Butler made the hit. Butler was to me just as defenseless as the receiver was. The play happened so fast that I think the refs did not get a good look at it. Butler lead with his shoulder. The league seems to be eliminating aggressive defense.

landry was playing extra cautious in this game and he still gets fined?

Yeah I remember the talking heads even mentioning on a play or two prior to the fined hit that Landry threw his shoulder at the ball to avoid hitting the receiver because of a possible penalty. It really makes it hard for those guys to go out there and execute.

Just because he's being fined doesn't mean he was called for the penalty. That said, I don't know what play they're talking about.

He hit the QB but the replay showed he hit with his right shoulder. It was a bogus call IMO. It was on Palmer. They did call the Butler hit on 30, but that was before the QB hit that they called on Landry. So the tweet would be right on this one.

This is starting to get ridiculous..... should the qb just wear a flag

To fans, it seems they're going overboard.  But everytime. the NFL gets motivation for keeping the QB rules and adding to them as necessary.  Look at Colts when Peyton was out.  Look at the Packers this year with Rogers out.  The teams are horrid and folks aren't watching them like before.They don't want starting QB's to get pulverized into the IR lists. Nothing to be gained and much to lose that way.

He hit the QB but the replay showed he hit with his right shoulder. It was a bogus call IMO. It was on Palmer. They did call the Butler hit on 30, but that was before the QB hit that they called on Landry. So the tweet would be right on this one.

In real time, the ref is instructed to call on the side of safety/QB.  If it is close, the QB gets benefit of the doubt.  No lie.

I have coached kids for 25 years and taught them to aim a helmet at the ball and lead with the shoulder into the body. This helped to create fumbles and placed a defender in a tackling position where he could wrap the ball carier. The way NFL rules are now you can not do that. It seems a 180 lb cb facing someone like Megatron becomes defenseless. The best option now seems to lead with a shoulder to the knees which may cause more knee injuries. Maybe Landry should attack the lower body more.

I have coached kids for 25 years and taught them to aim a helmet at the ball and lead with the shoulder into the body. This helped to create fumbles and placed a defender in a tackling position where he could wrap the ball carier. The way NFL rules are now you can not do that. It seems a 180 lb cb facing someone like Megatron becomes defenseless. The best option now seems to lead with a shoulder to the knees which may cause more knee injuries. Maybe Landry should attack the lower body more.

Then you have alot more missed tackles because its close to impossible to try to catch someone like CJ Spiller or a Lesean Mccoy by his feet because they are alot quicker then someone such as Trent Richardson whos more of a power runner

Then you have alot more missed tackles because its close to impossible to try to catch someone like CJ Spiller or a Lesean Mccoy by his feet because they are alot quicker then someone such as Trent Richardson whos more of a power runner

One option would be to blitz and catch them in the backfield before they get started but that requires a dominant front three that requires double teams and our three DTs do not require double teams very often.