Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Don't Nfl Analyst Think Caldwell Should Be On The Hot Seat?

joo 2h

Why do NFL Analyst dont feel that Jim Caldwell should be on the hot seat? The colts are off to there worse start in years. Yes i know Peyton is out but the offense is not the only problem The Whole team! is not playing well, not just the offense.

Just because Peyton goes down that should not give Jim a free pass to lose every game. How many games we lost simply because we got out coach? Does that super bowl ring a bell?

Here is a list of some of the coaches that gil brandt feels will get fired, Its crazy he missed one here.

Jack Del Rio <----------------- i can understand this fire, he just cant win games.

Leslie Frazier, Vikings

Todd Haley, Chiefs

Gary Kubiak, Texans

Andy Reid, Eagles

Lovie Smith, Bears

Steve Spagnuolo, Rams

Tony Sparano, Dolphins <-------- The team need serious help. starting with there HC & QB

Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals

New Addition as of 10/22/2011 6:41pm by joo 2h updated list.

((JIM CALDWELL)) <------ Should be the first person on this list be hes not here

Source:http://www.nfl.com/n...mes-in-jeopardy

Edited by joo 2h

The issue with a lot of analysts is that they are lazy so they really just repeat what has been said. Caldwell being on the hot seat just hasn't picked up steam. Few analysts even watch all the games. Whether analysts think that Caldwell is on the hot seat or not is irrelevant to an extent. At 0-6, soon to be 0-7, he is on the hot seat.

Although, I think that if fans want to increase media speculation, booing and chants at the games will aid that. The more media scrutiny Caldwell receives the hotter the seat will get.

Edited by GoGoColts

Polian is warming up the seat for him. Bill will jump off and Jim will take a seat but it is Bill that should stay there all along. Bill is being exposed without the QB maestro in there to bail him out. That being said I'm not a Caldwell fan either.

That's what is most telling. I think from the fan and local media perspective, the Polians are on the hot seat which will ultimately lead to Caldwell's firing.

Although, it's hard not to blame Caldwell either. Caldwell's task this year has been to just go out and win winnable games. Caldwell has made several huge mistakes over his tenure. The largest mistake that he has made is that he didn't have Painter evaluated well enough to consider him a starter from day one. Surely, that cost us a win or two and likely Caldwell his job.

Edited by GoGoColts

The largest mistake that he has made is that he didn't have Painter evaluated well enough to consider him a starter from day one. Surely, that cost us a win or two and likely Caldwell his job.

Holy smokes! I agree with you on something....neato.

Although I doubt that this would cost Caldwell his job, I fail to understand how Painter wasn't evaluated as the best "next man up" option for this troubled team in 2011. No, Painter didn't play particularly well in preseason games, at least 3 of them. However They've had a few years to evaluate and track his progress and clearly something was missed. A QB doesn't just go from inept to the best option overnight, yet this is how it was presented to us. As if he transformed suddenly into a viable QB.

The quandary we have is that the only parts of this team that will be held accountable in Manning's absence seem to be the players. Not the coaches, not the front office personnel, they all seem to be getting a pass due to Manning being gone. Yet we're ripping every player on this team, save for maybe Wayne, Freeney and Mathis.

Not only is Manning's absence being offered up as an excuse for failure in 2011, but the lockout is a readily available excuse for the lack of evaluation in concern to our backup QB situation.

The quandary we have is that the only parts of this team that will be held accountable in Manning's absence seem to be the players. Not the coaches, not the front office personnel, they all seem to be getting a pass due to Manning being gone. Yet we're ripping every player on this team, save for maybe Wayne, Freeney and Mathis.

Not only is Manning's absence being offered up as an excuse for failure in 2011, but the lockout is a readily available excuse for the lack of evaluation in concern to our backup QB situation.

I don't totally absolve the organization, but we just don't know anything for sure. This would not be the first time that the organization dropped the ball and lied to cover it up. When Peyton had the bursa sack surgery that caused him to play inconsistently throughout the regular season, Stampede Blue had pictures of Peyton at the probowl with a tremendously swollen Bursa sack due to infection. The organization said that the bursa sack didn't become a infected until right around training camp.

If this season turns out like I think that I will, 0-16 to 1-15, and Caldwell keeps his job, I will assume that the Colts did try to tank.

Edited by GoGoColts

What a meaningless comment. As if this thread were started to change an analysts mind. :pullhair:

Look here mate if its meaningless you dont have to comment on it, the point was there is plenty other threads pertaining to the same thing which is jim caldwell being on the hot seat.

To me, NFL Network jerks and ESPN love that the colts are loosing. Especially Deon. I think they aren't sounding the trumpet because with Caldwell leading a Manningless colts, we suck! And they like that.

At least Deon can't accuse us of wearing make-up. We're straight showin up ugly without even the common decency to use deodorant.

The point of the thread is just simply to ask, why do people feel that jim should not be on the hot seat? Fans dont like losing. Im just saying its more then the fact that we are losing, This goes back to that sour feeling i got for Caldwell durning the superbowl, Everyone who saw that game will tell you, we just simply got out coach.

If losing every game even with a lead dont get you heated as a fan, then something is wrong with you.

how does a team win 10+ games a year go to 2 superbowls in the last 10 years, and one player goes down and its week 7 and we do not have at least just 1! win? that means the coach did not get his team ready enought to play and win on sunday.

I know peyton is good, but this just shows you what type of team he has been playing with for years. a 0-6 soon to be 0-7 team. we went from top 5 to last place.

Edited by joo 2h

The point of the thread is just simply to ask, why do people feel that jim should not be on the hot seat? Fans dont like losing. Im just saying its more then the fact that we are losing, This goes back to that sour feeling i got for Caldwell durning the superbowl, Everyone who saw that game will tell you, we just simply got out coach.

If losing every game even with a lead dont get you heated as a fan, then something is wrong with you.

how does a team win 10+ games a year go to 2 superbowls in the last 10 years, and one player goes down and its week 7 and we do not have at least just 1! win? that means the coach did not get his team ready enought to play and win on sunday.

I know peyton is good, but this just shows you what type of team he has been playing with for years. a 0-6 soon to be 0-7 team. we went from top 5 to last place.

I just think you cant be knee-jerk...

We not only lost Manning..we lost him unexpectedly...

...We KNOW why we're where we are...and we have realistic expectations to be back in te playoffs

if Manning returns..in 2012

Make changes for the sake of change ...why?

I appreciate that you hold a long grudge against Caldwell and its personal..

....but we'll be back winning next season..

...We KNOW why we're where we are...and we have realistic expectations to be back in te playoffs

I understand that, but so far we havent been able to stop the run or pass on defence. and we cant win 1 game, even without peyton we should be able to win 1 of the first 7 games we played

I don't think it was as unexpected as you think. Everyone knew that Manning was not recovering well after his May surgery so the organization should have been preparing to play without him as soon as the lockout ended. Even if he would have played he would have been rusty. If they had prepared to play without Peyton than if he would have been ready to play than the team would have been that much better.

Because having an off season doesn't mean you deserve to be on the hot seat. If that was the case coaches would be fired constantly. You can only tell players what to do, you can't make them do anything. Whether the coach is quiet or yelling and screaming, that isn't going change that fact.

You also don't fire a coach of a team that consistently makes the playoffs.

I know a lot of you want to attribute that to Peyton, but Peyton isn't lining up on the offense alone and he isn't playing defense.

I think the reason no one has said he was on the hot seat because for the most part the colts have been playing hard. But after tonight that argument goes out the window. This looks like the point in the season were the team has given up, and everyone just went through the motions tonight.

I know a lot of you want to attribute that to Peyton, but Peyton isn't lining up on the offense alone and he isn't playing defense.

You're right. He doesn't do either. Thankfully he's good enough to make up for the massive amount of ineptitude on both O and D PLUS Special Teams and the worst coaching staff in the game. Good enough, in fact, to almost drag their worthless hides to a near perfect season.

(Probably WOULD have been perfect if we didn't roll over and die for the Jets - see worst coaching staff in the game.)

Edited by Moose Of Woe

You're right. He doesn't do either. Thankfully he's good enough to make up for the massive amount of ineptitude on both O and D PLUS Special Teams and the worst coaching staff in the game. Good enough, in fact, to almost drag their worthless hides to a near perfect season.

(Probably WOULD have been perfect if we didn't roll over and die for the Jets - see worst coaching staff in the game.)

I disagree somewhat.

Our team was horrible the year we won the Superbowl so yea I do agree that Peyton shouldered the load and got us to the playoffs. However, our defense played lights out throughout the playoffs. It really surprised me.

Edit: If we go 0-16 or even close to that, then yea, get rid of Caldwell.

Edited by GuiltyFan

Knee Jerk? This season is the end product of failed coaching and management that has been cooking for three years. The only reason the Colts won as much last season was due to Peyton Manning's heroics. If we had lost Peyton last year, the result would have been the same as this year. Think about it. When was the last time the team made any adjustments to what their opponet was doing to them? When was the last time that the Colts went into halftime with momentum, to come out with momentum intact? To answer both of those questions, you have to look back further than the past three years.

This is not knee jerk. Caldwell and crew have been disaster from the very begining. Take the blinders off and look at the signs for yourself.

Firing a HC with a winless record isn't a knee jerk reaction. Accountability used to be a mantra for this team, now they just have excuses. There's no excuses for going winless then getting blown out by over 50 points. Keep in mind, do the Colts really win games because of Caldwell? No they don't. He's completely replaceable. This team needs to be accountable again.