Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McNary elevated, Reed and Cunningham cut, Howell to IR [Merge]

arkana04

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they use Rainey for pr/kr I'd like to see DHB and Rogers out wide with TY In the slot

Not sure if McNary will see the field but would be awesome to see him come in and lay the boom on some runners. I still don't get why Conner is not seeing the field more. I thought he was out best run stopper at the LB spot.

I hear ya......not sure what Conner did to get in the doghouse

Interesting stat:Reed has played in 7 games this season, and the colts have gotten off to a slow start in 6 of those 7 games (the one being against the Jaguars).

Hopefully getting the bad luck turd off the team will turn things around.  Every time I seen him line up to return kicks I cringed and then  :facepalm:  when he decides it a good thing to take off 8-9 yds deep in the end zone.

Let's not get totally ridiculous here.

I was hoping more that 'Dongo' would 'disappear' and give us an extra opening on the PS.

An extra PS spot for what? You hoping they'll sign you? I've never seen a person as obsessed with the practice squad as you.

Also, how has Adongo been doing on the PS? You must have some knowledge we don't if you want him gone.

Interesting move, promoting McNary. I didn't see that coming. But Cam Johnson and Andy Studebaker didn't look good at Sam.

What I've often wondered about practice squad players like McNary and Adongo , is can a bad team just take a "shot " at a these type players and claim them. Say if Jacksonville had heard that McNary had a lot of potential , why not just waste a roster spot and grab him ? Also can they do this say just before week 17 ?

What I've often wondered about practice squad players like McNary and Adongo , is can a bad team just take a "shot " at a these type players and claim them. Say if Jacksonville had heard that McNary had a lot of potential , why not just waste a roster spot and grab him ? Also can they do this say just before week 17 ?

Any team can sign a player from another team's practice squad at any point in the season. It's usually a one year deal, so there's no real benefit to doing it Week 17. At the end of the season, you can sign players from any practice squad to future's contracts and retain their rights to the next season. But the player has to agree in any event. It's not like waivers, where you claim a guy regardless of his preference. So if the Jags wanted to sign McNary to their active roster, he could turn them down. And the money difference for one week on the active roster compared to one week on the practice squad isn't that big.

Hopefully McNary can add some decent tackling skills to this defense.  This just shows that we really lack  talent if we are still making roster moves this late into the season.  Hopefully this won't happen next year.  We need to find more talent on the roster.  It seems like only the same players has been making constant plays rather then the team.  Hope we bring Griff Whalen back we need all the WR help we can get.  Maybe after getting waived twice will encourage him to play better.

angerer has been getting blocked out of most plays and he just stands behind the line on field goals and xtra points no rush no pressure no movement if the ball by chance hits him, a good block! no effort at all, most of his tackles are for gains, welcome mcnary

Hopefully McNary can add some decent tackling skills to this defense.  This just shows that we really lack  talent if we are still making roster moves this late into the season.  Hopefully this won't happen next year.  We need to find more talent on the roster.  It seems like only the same players has been making constant plays rather then the team.  Hope we bring Griff Whalen back we need all the WR help we can get.  Maybe after getting waived twice will encourage him to play better.

angerer has been getting blocked out of most plays and he just stands behind the line on field goals and xtra points no rush no pressure no movement if the ball by chance hits him, a good block! no effort at all, most of his tackles are for gains, welcome mcnary

Let's not get totally ridiculous here.

I was hoping more that 'Dongo' would 'disappear' and give us an extra opening on the PS.

Unless something's changed since the beginning of the year, he doesn't take up a spot on the PS.

Something about a foreign exemption, which I'm sure someone else will clear us up on shortly.......

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :yahoo:

*Moonwalks across the room*

Sorry about Justice though. I like him at TE

Looks like Jim Irsay's tweet who btw made sportcenter news on my TV a few seconds ago has paid off. Clean house Ryan Grigson!!!!!!

Mike McGlynn & Satele go next!!!!!

Irsays tweet had nothing to do with it, Grigson does this % every week!! Cunningham will be on the practice squad tomorrow!

Any team can sign a player from another team's practice squad at any point in the season. It's usually a one year deal, so there's no real benefit to doing it Week 17. At the end of the season, you can sign players from any practice squad to future's contracts and retain their rights to the next season. But the player has to agree in any event. It's not like waivers, where you claim a guy regardless of his preference. So if the Jags wanted to sign McNary to their active roster, he could turn them down. And the money difference for one week on the active roster compared to one week on the practice squad isn't that big.

That makes sense and as far as the money goes , I think I remember hearing that you can actually match the money offer that player might receive from another team. Other words , there is no set limit on what you can pay a practice squad player.