Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BA had leg up...

trustourgm

Im like everyone who hates to see a bad 3 phase game...No excesses butt their are reasons for getting our butts kicked...A long trip to the west coast with a coach who knows the personnel in and out...He knew who could block what routs players couldn't run ect....We are doing fine for a young team with injuries...A home playoff game will be an advantage we will need...   

Im like everyone who hates to see a bad 3 phase game...No excesses butt their are reasons for getting our butts kicked...A long trip to the west coast with a coach who knows the personnel in and out...He knew who could block what routs players couldn't run ect....We are doing fine for a young team with injuries...A home playoff game will be an advantage we will need...   

Don't assume we'll have that just yet. Or a playoff berth at all, for that matter

Okay.....I feel much better now.  I have to disagree, we are not fine.  We are far from fine.  Fine teams do not get out scored, what is it now, 93 to 13 or something like that, in the first half of games.  Fine teams do not start slow week after week, allowing themselves to be dominated in every phase of the game.  

Yes, we have injuries, so does every other team in the NFL.  We are not fine, we are a team that is struggling, and unless something drastic changes, a team that will be the laughing stock of the playoffs.  (assuming we make it, which is in doubt)

Okay.....I feel much better now.  I have to disagree, we are not fine.  We are far from fine.  Fine teams do not get out scored, what is it now, 93 to 13 or something like that, in the first half of games.  Fine teams do not start slow week after week, allowing themselves to be dominated in every phase of the game.  

Yes, we have injuries, so does every other team in the NFL.  We are not fine, we are a team that is struggling, and unless something drastic changes, a team that will be the laughing stock of the playoffs.  (assuming we make it, which is in doubt)

Lol you fair weather fans are just haters...Why are you not a coach or gm?

BA was our offensive coordinator. Our defense played against his offense every day last year. If anything, we should have had the advantage.

When Powers was with us, he got torched by every QB under the sun. Yesterday was Luck's turn to torch Powers and goose egg.

Bottom line, we got out coached, out played, out hustled, and the Cardinals showed way more heart.

Because we are fans--passionate fans that see a lot of potential in this team. And obviously, that potential is not being met. We, as fans, have a right to express our dissatisfaction on a message board.

How does that make him a fair weather fan? Hes absolutely right we are far from fine, something is clearly wrong and it must be fixed for us to make a deep playoff push. You can't always be optimistic, that's the same as pagano and company clapping saying "lets go lets go now" when were down 30. At some point we have to be real and understand that there is a possibility we miss the playoffs.

Yes injuries have decimated us, but we cannot let the titans come out strong like they did on thursday night. They know that this next game is their chance

Because we are fans--passionate fans that see a lot of potential in this team. And obviously, that potential is not being met. We, as fans, have a right to express our dissatisfaction on a message board.

Its one of the youngest teams...Who said you couldn't post anything? Just don't act like you know how to run a team...,or how you can make a guy catch the ball better...block better...ect...I bet the super bowl year when we gave up 300 plus yards rushing in the last game you thought we would be bounced out first round. Any givin sunday if you don't play well you can get beat...We are two games up playing the titans at home...With all division games at home...I don't think we will win the super bowl...butt I wont say we cant...Look how many wildcard weekend teams have gone on to win the big one...All we have to do is get in...

We were outplayed in two phases.  Our STs weren't too bad, unless I missed something. I'm trying to block the entire game out of my mind.

Not that it makes a difference, but before the season started, if someone told us we'd win two of our games against the NFC West, we probably would have said "Yeah, that's what we expect".

How does that make him a fair weather fan? Hes absolutely right we are far from fine, something is clearly wrong and it must be fixed for us to make a deep playoff push. You can't always be optimistic, that's the same as pagano and company clapping saying "lets go lets go now" when were down 30. At some point we have to be real and understand that there is a possibility we miss the playoffs.

Yes injuries have decimated us, but we cannot let the titans come out strong like they did on thursday night. They know that this next game is their chance

Because games are about momentum. If you get on the wrong side of it you see what can happen...We haven't lost two games since Luck got here...So when we get beat everyone wants heads to roll and points fingers...If your a fan do as the team does and explain why it happened and move on with the mind set we can beat any team in the Nfl if we show up...We have to play with who we have for the rest of the season...and as men they will be better down the road for games just like yesterday

We were outplayed in two phases.  Our STs weren't too bad, unless I missed something. I'm trying to block the entire game out of my mind.

Not that it makes a difference, but before the season started, if someone told us we'd win two of our games against the NFC West, we probably would have said "Yeah, that's what we expect".

Lol they def didn't have bad air time so I think if you don't talk about special teams then they did their job...so two phases is totally fair

I'm an optimist when it comes to this team.....

And I agree. 

We aren't just losing close games. We are getting blown out and showing poor effort and total disregard to make adjustments. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.....well, you know how it goes. 

I sent in my resume, but you know, these pesky owners they want someone with a football pedigree, just because I work in IT, doesn't mean I don't know how to improve this ball-club.

I'm waiting for my interview Mr. Irsay.

Because games are about momentum. If you get on the wrong side of it you see what can happen...We haven't lost two games since Luck got here...So when we get beat everyone wants heads to roll and points fingers...If your a fan do as the team does and explain why it happened and move on with the mind set we can beat any team in the Nfl if we show up...We have to play with who we have for the rest of the season...and as men they will be better down the road for games just like yesterday

I agree to an extent. However the team doesnt look the same. There is no fight, no will to win almost (through the past few games I mean) I love this team to death, but its not the same team we saw in the first half of the season. We can say injuries, we can say bad coaching, but something is wrong and it desperately needs to be fixed.

Dont get me wrong it is great to see fans staying positive on the forum, I just think we also need to be real as well. Realistically, I don't believe we can win in the playoffs as of right now. I don't see the adjustments being made by our coaching staff. At some point we have to switch things up a bit. Whether it be playing a bit.of zone disguised as man, or just coming right out of the gate and letting Luck sling the ball around in order to set up our "Power run game".

Somethings just gotta change

Don't assume we'll have that just yet. Or a playoff berth at all, for that matter

so you think Tennessee can catch us??? they are two games back and have us in indy and then @ Denver and at home against Arizona. that is three tough games in a row. i seriously doubt they win all three if any at all. Plus Luck has never lost two games in a row in his two years in the NFL and dont think he will any time this year. 

so you think Tennessee can catch us??? they are two games back and have us in indy and then @ Denver and at home against Arizona. that is three tough games in a row. i seriously doubt they win all three if any at all. Plus Luck has never lost two games in a row in his two years in the NFL and dont think he will any time this year. 

we will likely back into the playoffs,

be promptly bounced from the post season

while Bruce Arians gets his second straight Coach oTY award and Cards sneak ahead of SF to get in PO's...

while Bruce Arians gets his second straight Coach oTY award and Cards sneak ahead of SF to get in PO's...

so you think arians gets coach of the year and not Reid?? I mean Reid did help turn a 2 win team into a playoff team rather quickly, kinda like Arians did with the Colts last year

I sent in my resume, but you know, these pesky owners they want someone with a football pedigree, just because I work in IT, doesn't mean I don't know how to improve this ball-club.

I'm waiting for my interview Mr. Irsay.

I'm sure we will be 19-0...with all single season records in hand...Everything looks easy til you do it...

I hope the FL stands for Florida not FOR LIFE...cause if it means for life then it should be ColtsBlueTWL...

so you think arians gets coach of the year and not Reid?? I mean Reid did help turn a 2 win team into a playoff team rather quickly, kinda like Arians did with the Colts last year

as well

Andy Reid is a strong candidate, but I think Arians is right in it.  Arizona started out 4 - 0 last year.  Then went 1 - 11 from there on out.  They were as bad as any team in the league. 5-11 was a mirage. They just got lucky and beat Seattle, Patriots, Eagles, and Dolphins to start the year.  They then only won 1 game in their next 12.  Arians has gotten them over a huge hump as well.  For the second time, with a second team.  The Cards have a very decent chance to dislodge San Francisco from the playoffs this year, and make noise.

On another note, I think if you asked most Colts fans what our chances were against the NFC West, you would hear 2 - 2. Story is, most would have said the W's would be St. Louis and Arizona, and losses to 49ers and Seahawks. Oh how funny and cruel life can be at times.

We'll be bounced from the playoffs in the first quarter of the game.  There will be teams losing games on purpose at the end of the season just so they can get us in the first round.  I still believe the Ravens did that last year. 

Complacency  is the reason INDY lost.

Nothing else.  effort and want will do wonders for a team.

The D needs to take a LONG HARD LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

RJF...   a sack dance down 20+?   Really?  U look like an *.

its coming on strong .... and yea its trademarked :thmup:

as well

Andy Reid is a strong candidate, but I think Arians is right in it.  Arizona started out 4 - 0 last year.  Then went 1 - 11 from there on out.  They were as bad as any team in the league. 5-11 was a mirage. They just got lucky and beat Seattle, Patriots, Eagles, and Dolphins to start the year.  They then only won 1 game in their next 12.  Arians has gotten them over a huge hump as well.  For the second time, with a second team.  The Cards have a very decent chance to dislodge San Francisco from the playoffs this year, and make noise.

On another note, I think if you asked most Colts fans what our chances were against the NFC West, you would hear 2 - 2. Story is, most would have said the W's would be St. Louis and Arizona, and losses to 49ers and Seahawks. Oh how funny and cruel life can be at times.

yeah those losses to the rams and cards were heart breaking. unfortunately that has been the story of the season, beat the pre season super bowl contenders and lose to the ones that didnt stand a chance to make the playoffs.