Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Many Fans Will Jump Ship... (Merge)

dn4192

They dont represent our state they represent Indy at best the Polian Show is not even shown out side the Indy area what kind of crap is that. Polian has shown he does not care for the fans of the Colts lets alone indiana.

??? The Colts are not the Yankees and own their own network.... Indy is "new" to this market in terms of other NFL franchises. When Indy got the Colts I was a Bear fan. My dad got season tix and the rest is history. It takes time to crack a fan base and Indy is surrounded by other NFL teams. Bears, Lions, Rams, Browns, Bengals, All in a tight geographical area.

It is the major reason Indy was not given a MLB franchise in 90's

The Colts are doing fine tho.

??? The Colts are not the Yankees and own their own network.... Indy is "new" to this market in terms of other NFL franchises. When Indy got the Colts I was a Bear fan. My dad got season tix and the rest is history. It takes time to crack a fan base and Indy is surrounded by other NFL teams. Bears, Lions, Rams, Browns, Bengals, All in a tight geographical area.

It is the major reason Indy was not given a MLB franchise in 90's

The Colts are doing fine tho.

Oh how I wish we had an MLB franchise. Just something about attending games in summertime.

They dont represent our state they represent Indy at best the Polian Show is not even shown out side the Indy area what kind of crap is that. Polian has shown he does not care for the fans of the Colts lets alone indiana.

Pretty much represent our state. There are fans at the tailgater that come from all over. Regulars from Anderson, Richmond, Terre Haute, Ft. Wayne and even one gal from Evansville, who gets up at 4 in the morning to come and tailgate 4 hours before a 1 o'clock game. Can't imagine the drive home after a late game. But she's a season ticket holder and is here all the time.

Some ex Hoosiers who are now in Iowa are season ticket holders and come to every game, too. There are some real die hard fans around.

Oh how I wish we had an MLB franchise. Just something about attending games in summertime.

Tell ya what. The Indianapolis Indians are a pretty strong minor league team, and Victory Field is a first class and very cozy baseball diamond. You can even sit on the grass in the outfield to watch a game. And from the stands, downtown Indy is very nice view at night. Not big time, but good baseball in a wonderful setting. Prices are right, too. Great night out for the family, or even a good date outing if she likes sports.

I think I can help with the Tryon situation. The Sunday before his release, he came off his coverage in the end zone to go after the QB on a roll out. The QB was already about to be nailed, but threw over Tryon for a TD. Play was not even close. He had come from 5 yards deep in the end zone (in front of the receiver) to the 5 yard line. Ball was caught, and Tryon wasn't within 10 yards of the QB or the receiver. I think that was the last straw with Polian. Just a little something I saw.

The last game Tryon played for the Colts was against the Steelers who scored TD's on a the bomb to Wallace and Polomalu's fumble return. Might want to re-check your facts.

Whose decision do you think it is to show the Polian show in locations other than Indy's? The Colts?

The last game Tryon played for the Colts was against the Steelers who scored TD's on a the bomb to Wallace and Polomalu's fumble return. Might want to re-check your facts.

Might not have been the last game he played. But the event happened just as described.

Might not have been the last game he played. But the event happened just as described.

Probably was the play against Cleveland where McCoy was almost over the line of scrimmage. Regardless, it seems his fate was sealed without the play in question.

I don't think a lot of people will leave (not that it matters if they do - it's their choice), but we may hear some groaning.

If we choose Luck, oh well. We could do worse with the first pick. We could trade so far down as to not take advantage of the top 10 pick status we will likely have, or we could reach for someone who would end up a project.

If we don't let Caldwell go, people will just ignore it if Peyton returns and we start winning again.

There's no reason to eliminate the Polians. They are still among the top 5 front office operations in football. No one would be prevailing in this situation.

With all I am reading about how everyone hates Jim Caldwell and how the Polians need to be let go and how we don't need Andrew Luck should we get the opportunity to draft him....I am just wondering how many fans will switch to another team, stop watching or whatever when..

1. Jim Caldwell is back for his 4th season next year

2. Both Polians are still in charge next year

3. And should we have the chance the Colts draft Luck

Stupid topic, another guy who likes to think hes the best fan

I don't think a lot of people will leave (not that it matters if they do - it's their choice), but we may hear some groaning.

If we choose Luck, oh well. We could do worse with the first pick. We could trade so far down as to not take advantage of the top 10 pick status we will likely have, or we could reach for someone who would end up a project.

If we don't let Caldwell go, people will just ignore it if Peyton returns and we start winning again.

There's no reason to eliminate the Polians. They are still among the top 5 front office operations in football. No one would be prevailing in this situation.

I just dont think the Polians are in the top 5. Our season proves, that all we have had is Manning, and that our D scheme stinks.

I'm a Manning fan. Archie was my favorite player of all-time, with Peyton a close second. If Peyton is back next year, I'll be a Colt fan to the point of being sick to my stomach on gameday due to nerves. If he's gone next year, I'll be cheering for the Saints. Won-loss record is not relevant to me being a fan. Afterall, I've been a Saints fan for 40 years through some really rough years.

Tonight, I'll be with the Saints. If Peyton was playing, I would be cheering for the Colts.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, October 23, 2011 - No response
Hidden by Coltssouth, October 23, 2011 - No response

Why should any fans "jump ship" just because the team doesnt listen to their ideas lol.... i want the colts to dump joseph addai and go after matt forte after this season but thats not gonna happen, doesnt mean that i will go for another team..

I keep reading where people want change and won't accept anything less. Change is not all bad and I do believe there will be some change in the coaching and such within the Colts and maybe even some players won't be back who are looked at as fan favorites.

But..

What will happen, or what will the recation be if...

1. The Colts use the number 1 pick on Andrew Luck

2. Caldwell is the head coach again next year

3. Both Polians are still running the show

4. Players like Reggie Wayne and Mathis are not resigned

5. Team goes like 7-9 or 8-8 next year with Peyton as QB

I mean it is very possible all the above will happen, so how will the local Colt fans handle that possibility?

Real Colts fans? The same way as now. We will continue to complain about the stats quo, but we will remain loyal fans. The bandwagoners we picked up the last few years (i.e. 2004-current), those ones will be the most vocal complainers, and they will likely jump on the Green Bay bandwagon or something. Good riddance.

Real Colts fans? The same way as now. We will continue to complain about the stats quo, but we will remain loyal fans. The bandwagoners we picked up the last few years (i.e. 2004-current), those ones will be the most vocal complainers, and they will likely jump on the Green Bay bandwagon or something. Good riddance.

Well all I know is that tix prices on Stub are falling faster then the stock market did in any of it's crashes. I am in line to pick up some nice $18 seats to some up coming games....doesn't look to me like Colts fans are willing to attend games they already have tix to...

As a 40 year Colts fan, it's going to take a lot more than this to get my spot on the bandwagon.

I keep reading where people want change and won't accept anything less. Change is not all bad and I do believe there will be some change in the coaching and such within the Colts and maybe even some players won't be back who are looked at as fan favorites.

But..

What will happen, or what will the recation be if...

1. The Colts use the number 1 pick on Andrew Luck

2. Caldwell is the head coach again next year

3. Both Polians are still running the show

4. Players like Reggie Wayne and Mathis are not resigned

5. Team goes like 7-9 or 8-8 next year with Peyton as QB

I mean it is very possible all the above will happen, so how will the local Colt fans handle that possibility?

Ok seriously did another "jump ship" thread need to be started? And before anyone tries to say "well maybe that was on a later page and he just didn't see the thread" check out who started this other "jump ship" thread ---> http://forums.colts....__fromsearch__1

As a 40 year Colts fan, it's going to take a lot more than this to get my spot on the bandwagon.

Same here - since 1967. I have and always will be a Colts fan but I absolutely hate the current state of the franchise and find it unforgiveable how the Polians and Caldwell and staff have mismanaged the franchise.

Stupid topic, why do people care whos a fan and who isnt ? Does it make you feel like you are the best fan? Does that make you feel better about yourself? I just dont get people who need to judge other people like this.

Hey, luv67, what is your avatar? Looks interesting, but I don't have the accuity to see what it is.

I think the fans that have or will move on will not see this thread. For them I think it's tied to winning more so than any of the issues that you mention.

I cannot think of what would make me stop watching and wishing and hoping they will win.

Too much time and energy to change. I know the players, I know the history, I would not want to start over

Wrong. If Caldwell is back, I'm outta here (that makes 1).