Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The match up Peterson V. Hilton

runthepost

I like the other match-up: DHB (or hopefully Rogers) vs. Jerraud Powers.  I like that quick pass in the flat, and let the WR carry Powers for a 10 yard gain.  I'm also excited to see if Fleener can build on his career day vs. the Titans.

I honestly think Hilton will get shut down by the bigger Peterson. Fleener will have to step up again. And maybe with DHB eyes checked, he can step up too, but I doubt it.

I am interested to see how Tyrann Mathieu plays against us. I keep hearing how dynamic he has been, and sort of reminds me of Bob Sanders, with his smaller stature.

I am interested to see how Tyrann Mathieu plays against us. I keep hearing how dynamic he has been, and sort of reminds me of Bob Sanders, with his smaller stature.

I think Mathieu is crazy good for a rookie. He would have gone much higher in the draft if he could've stayed out of trouble.

Peterson gives up big yardage, he usually just takes advantage of sorry qb play. My guess... 92 recieving yards and a td for Hilton. 4 tackles and a ton of return yards for Peterson, no picks.

I really hope that's the case this weekend, would love to see him get scorched, but i personally think Peterson is a stud.  Sometimes stats are EVERYTHING (not saying that's how you feel) to people and that's all good but you make it sound like he's being beaten over and over again.  Do you think he get's too much credit?

I honestly think Hilton will get shut down by the bigger Peterson. Fleener will have to step up again. And maybe with DHB eyes checked, he can step up too, but I doubt it.

yeah, just like how he got shut down against the bigger brandon browner, and the bigger jonathon joseph... wait.

I think Patrick Peterson...offensively, defensively and special teams is the single best player in the NFL...

We need to kick away from him and beware when they sneak him into the game on offense

that difference is very insignificant. If they raced against each other at full speed, thomas would finish only .09 seconds behind. Basically half a step. At least not significant enough to compare the abilities of catching up to someone. If richard sherman and the legion of boom can't shut TY down, then surely Peterson alone can't.

that difference is very insignificant. If they raced against each other at full speed, thomas would finish only .09 seconds behind. Basically half a step. At least not significant enough to compare the abilities of catching up to someone. If richard sherman and the legion of boom can't shut TY down, then surely Peterson alone can't.

Seattles secondary struggles against small burners that can outmanuever them because their entire game is to out muscle the opposing offense. TY was built to torch the LoB.

However, TY matches up worse against Peterson, because Peterson can actually keep up with him. Comparing him to Seattle's corners is apples to oranges.

Seattles secondary struggles against small burners that can outmanuever them because their entire game is to out muscle the opposing offense. TY was built to torch the LoB.

However, TY matches up worse against Peterson, because Peterson can actually keep up with him. Comparing him to Seattle's corners is apples to oranges.

we'll see. If this game is gonna be close, TY is gonna have to make some plays cuz outside of fleener, we have nobody else that can do it.

I think the Colts will need move TY around, like in the slot as well. He needs to get away from Peterson, who is turning into one of the better CBs in the game.

With that being said, I think Coby Fleener is going to have another big game, but he'll have to go against Daryl Washington. 

This game is just a matchup nightmare for the Colts.

I think the Colts will need move TY around, like in the slot as well. He needs to get away from Peterson, who is turning into one of the better CBs in the game.

With that being said, I think Coby Fleener is going to have another big game, but he'll have to go against Daryl Washington.

Their defense is very good. They are also 2nd ranked vs the run, iirc. Colts defense is going to have to come up big in containing Ellington and forcing Palmer in to mistakes.

I'm hoping Rogers does what I think he's capable of this game because I was certainly concerned about the Peterson matchup with T.Y.  If they are able to take him away we will have some problems.  If we can maintain other targets such as Rogers, Fleener, running backs  in the passing game and the occasional crossing route to DHB(seems the crossing route is the only thing he catches) we will be alright. 

If that's the case, then RB passes out of the backfield all day until they figure it out. Then when they bring in coverage closer, cut T.Y. loose and take the top off. 

I can tell you Patrick rarely gets beat deep, but does get beat on the under routes. He is very very good,  as good as any top corner  in the league. But the likes of Golden Tate and Micheal Crabtree seem to give him fits.

And as far as special teams he's been pretty bad on punt returns to two years now. Good at securing the ball but is close to being replaced.

powers has been very solid this year for us. Better then Toler was last season but not by much.

Tyronne Mathieu has been a stud all year. Very steady, great tackler and on field awareness. His ability is high first round but drugs cost him draft position.

This is honestly going to be a scary game go us with how we have been playing. That Cardinal D is no joke at all. Forced 22 turnovers this season, 4th in the league. And only giving up 81.4 yds on the ground. If we come out and play the way we have been were gonna get smacked. Hopefully we got this bad start fungus out of our system.