Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What happens with Brown this off-season?

Dustin

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always thought Brown was never used right in Polian era I no he was injured often but it always seemed if he had a good game he would disappear. Colts should keep him our situation next year at RB is unclear and I  am tired of the Richardson excuses it was a bad trade and Ballard needs time to heal

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 16, 2013 - thread derail due to trolling
Hidden by Nadine, November 16, 2013 - thread derail due to trolling

Have you seen his username? He seems like a real classy fellow.

Just don't even bother dustin, after reading the whole arguement it seems quite useless. You can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Let the * be.

Good or bad, I don't think Brown comes back because he isn't Grigsons pick. Grigson will believe he can find someone better, younger and cheaper.

I do think Brown is playing great, I just find it convenient that the only year he doesn't get injured is his contract year. I bet he is dinged up right now, but he is playing because it's his big chance to get a second contract. That doesn't make him bad, just typical in the NFL.

In looking back at DB's stats, he hasn't been all that bad over his career. He's never really been the #1 RB on the depth chart, but still put up some respectable yardage, and his only fumble (not lost) was back in 2009. You also don't see stories about him being involved in any of those pesky "off field" incidents involving guns, weed and strippers.  He may wind up getting some decent offers as a free agent, but I wouldn't mind seeing him re-signed if he's affordable.

I believe Grigson will let him test free agency.  Apparently, he has no confidence in Brown, or what the heck was with the TRich trade for when you could of had the Bradshaw/Brown duo at the time?  

I'm not sure Brown wants to come back as a #3 RB.  I'm sure he doesn't want to waste away on the Colts bench any longer.

Grigson, made his bed now he has to ride TRich or else look very foolish. (I just realized this sentence sounds very disturbing!)

Next year's RB stable will be Ballard, TRich, a FA Running back, and a draft pick. 

I think Brown & Bradshaw both leave. Ballard/Rich are the main guys & we draft another RB on the 3rd day of the draft.

And if I had to guess a team he goes to, I say the Pats. Vereen is their receiving back, Ridley power back, Brown the combo back. Plus he has ties to that area, and NE seem to love trying out recycling our offensive players.

Good or bad, I don't think Brown comes back because he isn't Grigsons pick. Grigson will believe he can find someone better, younger and cheaper.

I do think Brown is playing great, I just find it convenient that the only year he doesn't get injured is his contract year. I bet he is dinged up right now, but he is playing because it's his big chance to get a second contract. That doesn't make him bad, just typical in the NFL.

His injury record is not that bad. He's probably only missed about 15% of games, which is very reasonable for a running back.

I'd like to see him re-signed with a 4mill signing bonus and an incentive laced contract over 4yrs. He has talent and apparently is at his best when his livelihood is on the line (Being demoted/ Last yr of contract) The fact is he's a change-up RB and will never be a 3 down back. But if Richardson continues to struggle and with the history of Bradshaw's injuries, Richardson/ Brown may be the best fit for next year.

Give me one reason why Bradshaw would be re signed after this year.

If he plays for free?

Personally, I think that unless you have a top 10 RB you don't give him a second contract.

Let Brown test the market, if he gets a big contract, good for him. Grigs has a lot of young guys that will soon be seeking big contracts (TY, Coby, Vontea, Allen, AC, etc) that he can't tie up money on replaceable RBs.

I'd like to think he stays... if he could pass block Donald would be a complete back. I think the trio of Ballard, Brown, and Richardson (alphabetical order) would be amazing. There is zero chance Bradshaw comes back. We shall see in due time.

I just don't see Brown as a bad blocker.....does his 5-11, 205-pound self fail to block DEs and OLBs some times. Yes.

So does every other back and most TEs/..Its a mismatch..that's why teams blitz...

....I think of all the backs we have (including Ballard) he's the best blocker we have../Not great but the best we have

So lets keep an already slow RB Ballard coming off a torn ACL and a career 3 yds a carry RB Richardson as our RB`s next year? Other than Bradshaw earlier in the year, Brown has been the only RB that even resembles a starting RB in the NFL for the Colts this year and really in a long, long time. And that's with a still bad O-line. He`s seeing the holes, if you want to call them that, slithering through and hitting the gas pedal. He knows when to switch sides with the ball and uses a good stiff arm..maybe he hasn't lived up to his #1 pick so far in his career but give the man a break, he`s a good RB 

I get your sarcasm, but Im not sure there is going to be a huge market for Brown. Years of mediocrity with a good, but honestly not great year (I dont believe hes busted the century mark this season, has he?), doesnt command top RB dollars, especially with the short lifespan of the position, hes really only got a few years of productivity left.

No there won't be a HUGE market for him, but there will be a market nonetheless.  He'll get decent money, probably more than we'd be willing to pay for him.

So lets keep an already slow RB Ballard coming off a torn ACL and a career 3 yds a carry RB Richardson as our RB`s next year? Other than Bradshaw earlier in the year, Brown has been the only RB that even resembles a starting RB in the NFL for the Colts this year and really in a long, long time. And that's with a still bad O-line. He`s seeing the holes, if you want to call them that, slithering through and hitting the gas pedal. He knows when to switch sides with the ball and uses a good stiff arm..maybe he hasn't lived up to his #1 pick so far in his career but give the man a break, he`s a good RB 

Ballard looked like a starting running back last year and in his very limited action this year. I do hope they resign Brown though.

I just don't see Brown as a bad blocker.....does his 5-11, 205-pound self fail to block DEs and OLBs some times. Yes.

So does every other back and most TEs/..Its a mismatch..that's why teams blitz...

....I think of all the backs we have (including Ballard) he's the best blocker we have../Not great but the best we have

haha this is a joke right

If he keeps up his current production (almost 6 yards per carry) I don't think he'd re-sign as he would be the #3 rb on the team when his production might garner him a more attractive role on another team. Though I would like him to re-sign.

Thoughts?

If we resign him, which at this point I think we will, he will be elevated. I have a feeling Bradshaw will not be because of age and injury. Or if Ballard looks to be recovering slowly. There's many possibilities, I just don't see Brown being the odd man out or being held back to 3rd string duties.

Even if Richardson were playing well you need a change of pace guy and Brown fits that role perfectly.  With Richardson currently looking like a bust you have to offer the 1 guy that has stayed healthy this year and put up good numbers.  I don't see another team offering big money for Brown, the market for a second contract for running backs is pretty limited, especially for a back that hasn't put up consistent numbers.  I expect a very reasonable contract for 2 or 3 years, maybe 1.5 million guaranteed per year plus incentives.