Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri

Coltswarriors

He's been kicking very well this year. Maybe one of the best seasons he's had in his career. He's been making 50+ yarders all year.

As most of you know, he's in the last year of his contract and he's 40 years old. Assuming he doesn't want to retire, do the Colts re-sign him?

I'm leaning towards we should... He's been money. What say you guys?

He's been kicking very well this year. Maybe one of the best seasons he's had in his career. He's been making 50+ yarders all year.

As most of you know, he's in the last year of his contract and he's 40 years old. Assuming he doesn't want to retire, do the Colts re-sign him?

I'm leaning towards we should... He's been money. What say you guys?

As much as I think we should get a younger player, if Adam V. doesn't want to retire I see no reason why we can't re-sign him to a short 1 or 2 year deal.  He has had a good season and if it where not for his age there would be no question as to if we should re-sign him.

Vinny is 20/23 on the season, including multiple makes from 50+. Hes been as close to a sure thing as any kicker in the league this year.

Yes hes been spot on like I said last 4 to 5 games including some clutch kicks.However how many of the 3 misses cost us big.Before you answer go look at the games,because I know the answer .50 plus is a crap shoot he doesn't have the leg he once had.Has to really go low trajectory to get it there.Therefore is very susceptible to blocks.wich did happen this season.

Yes hes been spot on like I said last 4 to 5 games including some clutch kicks.However how many of the 3 misses cost us big.Before you answer go look at the games,because I know the answer .50 plus is a crap shoot he doesn't have the leg he once had.Has to really go low trajectory to get it there.Therefore is very susceptible to blocks.wich did happen this season.

He's 20/23 with one blocked and the other misses were over 50, iirc. As for 50+ kicks being a crapshoot, that's true for every kicker ever, yet Vinny has been money from 50+ this year.

Oh, and we only lost in one game he missed a FG and iirc it was in the first half and 50+.

Seriously, Vinny could be perfect on the season and people would be complaining that he doesn't make the kicks by enough yards or they're not straight down the middle.

Cut Adam! Oh wait sorry force of habit...

No seriously I think we've reached the point in Adams career we take year by year. If he wants to keep playing based on this season we could do a lot worse at kicker. I'd keep signing him to one year deals till he was done or his leg starts to drop off.

Vinny has been solid these last 4-5 games before that early in season he was shaky at best.

he's 20 of 23 of his three misses one was blocked, not his fault and the other two were from beyond 50 yards. He has also nailed his last four from outside 50. Go back and watch the Texans game and see their kicker miss three in one game two from inside 50. Then notice the texans still didn't release him. Know why? There isn't anything better out there. Now tell me again how Adam is shaky at best?

He's 20/23 with one blocked and the other misses were over 50, iirc. As for 50+ kicks being a crapshoot, that's true for every kicker ever, yet Vinny has been money from 50+ this year.

Oh, and we only lost in one game he missed a FG and iirc it was in the first half and 50+.

Seriously, Vinny could be perfect on the season and people would be complaining that he doesn't make the kicks by enough yards or they're not straight down the middle.

Ok did it cost the game ? You didn't watch them back did you? Before you want to criticize an opinion back it up.Told ya how do it.Ive got an opinion weather you or anyone else likes it or not ,I really don't care.

Are you kidding me? There's no replacement for a kicker who is responsible for 4 super bowl wins. Nobody will ever be clutch as him... Ever! We keep this guy until he can't kick anymore... He will lead us deep into the playoffs for many years to come

Ok did it cost the game ? You didn't watch them back did you? Before you want to criticize an opinion back it up.Told ya how do it.Ive got an opinion weather you or anyone else likes it or not ,I really don't care.

No.

He's missed three kicks.

1.  The Miami game he missed a kick in a game where several other bigger mistakes were made as the game went a long.  You have to ignore those and go to great lengths to put the blame on a missed field goal on the first drive on the game from 50+ yards in a game we ended up losing by four points.  You pretty much have to want to blame Adam to blame him for that game. 

2.  The 49ers game, he missed a 50+ yarder into swirling winds in a game the Colts ended up winning.

3.  He had one blocked (which wasn't his fault) in the Texans game, again in a game the Colts won. 

No kicker is prefect from beyond 50.  Adam has hit his last four kicks from beyond 50 proving his leg is still just fine.  Those who say other wise are saying what they want to see not what is really happening.  As for them coming out low, most kickers kicks from beyond 50 come out low, it's what happens on long kicks. 

Adam is 20 of 23 this year of all the problems with this team kicker is not one of them. 

Also you are welcomed to an opinion.  So are those who disagree with your opinion.