Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Man Colts sucked today/ What has happened to the Colts?(merge)

OffensivelyPC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how the inability for the interior of our oLine to block is Trent Richardsons fault?  Is it Lucks fault when he is being harassed on every play?  Lets not have a double standard.  

My one complain about what Grigson did in the off season is I think he could have brought in more line help. Satele is a terrible center.  I know we drafted Holmes, but Grigson has said being a rookie offensive lineman is tough.  So he had to know Satele and McGlynn would be the starters.  And that is a lethal combination as far as being BAD!

I also think we have to be realistic.  The Colts are a faulty team.  Bad oLine and weak at WR now that Wayne is out.  I don't see it getting better this year.   So I really am not surprised a team with a good DLine gives us problems.  Today was one of the those days where everything went wrong.  We will win the division and get into the playoffs.  

Bad games happen, and it pretty much happened today. Outplayed and no execution, and Richardson.... good lord he's just playing bad. I like Brown's role now, however. There needs to be adjustments definitely. This is the worst I've seen this team play all season, it needs to change.

We have the worst interior line play in the league and it's not even close. Luck was bad as well overthrowing wr's and DHB should  be cut.  Hilton and the d-line  play great though but every one else was awful.

Agreed.  Luck was pretty bad today too.  That's my problem with Pep's O.  Seems that we try to "wear teams down."  Well, in doing so, we get behind on a habitual basis.  Well Luck has been able to bring us back most the time.  But like Peyton, sometimes we look to lean on Peyton and he's not there.  It's not his fault all the time.  We shouldn't have to always require our QB to bring us back.

I don't have much to say.  Terrible game for the Colts as Unit.  It is the NFL and it happens to every team at one point or another.  Most improtant thing to see if how fast we can put this behind and get back to the winning recipe we had in the first half of the season.

That being said, I really think Greg Manusky should have made some better defensive adjustments the 2nd half of the game.

Til next week... GO COLTS!

At this point, you have to call a spade a spade. He's not playing well.... AT ALL. Everyone sees that, and it has nothing to do with his YPC

Neither is everyone else in the first tow quarters.  Not trying to absolve Trent.  But, we make arguments against Trent, saying our Line does well when Brown is in, ...well our OL has been awful.  I get tired of our fanbase bashing trent as if the rest of our team is playing excellent.  It's not.  But we act like it does. 

I agree - Richardson should be benched. High hopes gone bad. Offense is weak. When are they going to open their eyes and see it isn't working. They need to change. Why is it so hard for the colts to adjust?

What does benching him get us?

I don't understand how the inability for the interior of our oLine to block is Trent Richardsons fault?  Is it Lucks fault when he is being harassed on every play?  Lets not have a double standard.  

My one complain about what Grigson did in the off season is I think he could have brought in more line help. Satele is a terrible center.  I know we drafted Holmes, but Grigson has said being a rookie offensive lineman is tough.  So he had to know Satele and McGlynn would be the starters.  And that is a lethal combination as far as being BAD!

I also think we have to be realistic.  The Colts are a faulty team.  Bad oLine and weak at WR now that Wayne is out.  I don't see it getting better this year.   So I really am not surprised a team with a good DLine gives us problems.  Today was one of the those days where everything went wrong.  We will win the division and get into the playoffs.  

But in the limited chances Brown has been given this yr., he's managed to actually find holes the o-line has opened. I hardly believe that the O-line only opens holes when a play is called for Brown, but they never do when it's a play for Richardson. At some point, people need to admit, that much of Richardson's failure's is on him and not just the O-line.

Believe me, I wanted Richardson to come here and prove me wrong about blowing a 1st rd. pick on him(not just him, but a RB in general), but Richardson wasn't very good in Cleveland either behind a much better O-line. He just does not have good field vision or awareness. I have no doubt that he may improve some behind a good o-line, but I think some have unrealistic expectations of him. IMO he just don't have superstar potential at all. 

Yeah, I won't say he was worth a first round pick.  I'm good wit hthat. Like I said above, people diss on the guy like he's the only problem.  And that drives me nuts.  He's got bad vision.  He's not explosive.  Brown runs well behind the same OL.  It's as if ONLY trent is the problem.  At least that's how most fan make it seem.  And it's just not true.  Our interior OL blocking has got to be pushing the limits for worst C/G combo in the NFL.  It's that bad.  But people blame our interior blocking on Trent.  Our interior OL sucks about as bad as Trent at this point. 

Neither is everyone else in the first tow quarters.  Not trying to absolve Trent.  But, we make arguments against Trent, saying our Line does well when Brown is in, ...well our OL has been awful.  I get tired of our fanbase bashing trent as if the rest of our team is playing excellent.  It's not.  But we act like it does. 

I'm not as disappointed in Trent as some people on here.  I wasn't expecting to really make an impact this season.  Our line sucks and Trent is having to learn his 3rd offense in 2 years.  I thought Trent was picked up for the future. 

Think the refs screwed us over more than anything. A pass interference turned down then the play after a punt return TD clearly changed the confidence of our team. Plus the Reed TD turned back. T Rich and the entire run game was poor but i think every single running back playing bad is less likely than the O Line not blocking well. Needed to involve TY more and do screen passes or pass to the running backs more because that was the best thing. I don't think we did bad, sure we had bad spots but until around mid 3rd i believed we had a chance to win the game. Just needed to be a bit more efficient and smarter on both sides of the ball earlier on in the game.

Anyone that didn't see this coming is a fool. Quinn and Long set the tone right from the start and if any of you didn't expect problems with this Crap OL against this passrush, then you been reading your own message boards and Colts propaganda for way to long. Hey I've got nothing against Bjoern Werner but this OL problem goes back a long way. When Tarik Glenn retired, thats the

last time the Colts had a good tackle or any lineman for that matter. Keep hiding your heads in the sand and you'll get Luck killed.

Then my friends you'll learn real quick what its like to be Jacksonville because Great QB's don't grow on trees and the Colts history

of Great QB's is amazing. Drafting Werner was stupid any O lineman would have been better. I'd start looking at the upcoming F/A

lineman for 2014. Last week a 33 year old Andre Johnson made monkeys of our D and this week Tavon Austin made fools of our whole team. This game is not a one off, you won't go far if you can't block. Hey Chuck your D stinks. Hey Irsay I thought you fixed the pass blocking with tweets.

Yeah, I won't say he was worth a first round pick.  I'm good wit hthat. Like I said above, people diss on the guy like he's the only problem.  And that drives me nuts.  He's got bad vision.  He's not explosive.  Brown runs well behind the same OL.  It's as if ONLY trent is the problem.  At least that's how most fan make it seem.  And it's just not true.  Our interior OL blocking has got to be pushing the limits for worst C/G combo in the NFL.  It's that bad.  But people blame our interior blocking on Trent.  Our interior OL sucks about as bad as Trent at this point. 

Well, I'm certainly not just blaming Richardson. There is no doubt there are more problems than just him and I've griped about Satele and McGlynn as much as the next guy, but there are some here that make constant excuses for Richardson and continually say he's gonna have his break out game. I said it before and I'll say it again, I honestly believe at this point that if it were possible and Grigson knew what he knows now, he would have never made the trade. It's just time for the excuses to stop and admit, it wasn't a good trade. Grigson should have traded to get a good O-lineman if he was going to blow a 1st rder.. We could have got by the rest of this yr. with a street FA(RB) or a practice squad guy for our team or another team.  

I knew the Colts would lose, since i watched the Rams 2 weeks ago, they have the counter vs Colts this is why.

Super passrush, strong running game. The Colts struggled so much with these.

Cutting heads isn't the solution, IMO the solucion is forget about begin a power running team(Colts OL can't allow that), i really hope Pep and Chuck notice that( cause they knew the poor OL but they still try to be a power running team).

Actually i dont like agressive Grigson because a year ago the Colts was a rebulding franchise and Colts is still a rebuilding franchise, and Colts need Draft picks to rebuild(so in general i didn't like T.R. adquicition but it wasn't that awful because Colts lose A.Bradshaw after that)

This is my first post but and i'm not a native english speaker, so yeah i could have a lot of mistakes, i'd like to ask for this thing than i've seen before, when you comment something about the colts organization you use "we" and i have troubles with that cause i  don't really know how to write something about the Colts properly.(I mean, when i try to refer to the colts, Colts are or Colts is).

Team looked unprepared today. That's 3 out of the last 4 games. Only game we didn't look terrible was against Denver. That falls squarely on the coaches shoulders. Perhaps today's butt whooping will wake them up. We can only hope.

Bingo!!

While most of the players deserve to be criticized, I definitely start with coaches. You are right, 3 out of the last 4 games we came in unprepared.

Bingo!!

While most of the players deserve to be criticized, I definitely start with coaches. You are right, 3 out of the last 4 games we came in unprepared.

Remember how earlier this week some were saying coaching doesn't matter that much that it had more to do with the players...

I don't think you were in that debate so I don't mean to imply you were the one saying it.  Just more or less wanted to use this point to emphasize how wrong that person's opinion was. 

With that said, today I think the Colts were guilty of over looking the Rams which is part on the Rams but make no mistake even when the coaches were making calls the players weren't getting the job done on the field.  So I don't want to take all the blame off the players either.  I think you can look at both of them and say they did a bad job and be right.

In the Texans game I think the Colts were just caught by an emotional buzz saw by the Texans.  I don't care how prepared you are sometimes you run into those just have to weather the storm like the Colts did.  If anything the coaches deserve a lot of credit for the adjustments they made at half-time in that game. 

In the Chargers game that was more of an issue with guys not making plays.  How many dropped passes were there in that game? I had a lot more issue with those than I did with the plays Pep was calling.  Then on defense the Chargers line was blowing our D-line off the ball.  It's hard to do anything on defense if your guys lose that battle and again that goes on the guys on the field. 

So I'd be careful to paint with a broad brush. 

Think the refs screwed us over more than anything. A pass interference turned down then the play after a punt return TD clearly changed the confidence of our team. Plus the Reed TD turned back. T Rich and the entire run game was poor but i think every single running back playing bad is less likely than the O Line not blocking well. Needed to involve TY more and do screen passes or pass to the running backs more because that was the best thing. I don't think we did bad, sure we had bad spots but until around mid 3rd i believed we had a chance to win the game. Just needed to be a bit more efficient and smarter on both sides of the ball earlier on in the game.

Come on man, don't even blame the refs on this one. Sure, you could argue that the no-pass interference call changed the momentum of the game; however, it didn't cost the Colts the game. It's kind of ridiculous to place the blame on the refs when we lost 38-8, in my opinion. You want to know the best way to win a game without the refs "screwing us over?" Take and maintain the lead so you dictate the outcome of the game, not the refs.  And when a bad call does come your way, react to the adversity in a positive manner..and just move onto the next play. The Colts did neither of those today. The Rams simply outplayed us.

I knew the Colts would lose, since i watched the Rams 2 weeks ago, they have the counter vs Colts this is why.

Super passrush, strong running game. The Colts struggled so much with these.

Cutting heads isn't the solution, IMO the solucion is forget about begin a power running team(Colts OL can't allow that), i really hope Pep and Chuck notice that( cause they knew the poor OL but they still try to be a power running team).

Actually i dont like agressive Grigson because a year ago the Colts was a rebulding franchise and Colts is still a rebuilding franchise, and Colts need Draft picks to rebuild(so in general i didn't like T.R. adquicition but it wasn't that awful because Colts lose A.Bradshaw after that)

This is my first post but and i'm not a native english speaker, so yeah i could have a lot of mistakes, i'd like to ask for this thing than i've seen before, when you comment something about the colts organization you use "we" and i have troubles with that cause i  don't really know how to write something about the Colts properly.(I mean, when i try to refer to the colts, Colts are or Colts is).

Welcome!  Yes, it can be difficult to decipher meaning when fans state 'we' instead of the Colts. Here in the U.S. it is often that fans refer to themselves as part of the team, as the '12th' man.  So we gets used as much as the Colts when in conversation.  Thanks for your input and for putting up with our liberal use of the english slang terminology; especially when referring to 'our boys' in Blue.  :)  :)

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 10, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Nadine, November 10, 2013 - trolling

Its plain and simple, 0.0 Colts players showed up today. Could we block......No. Could we run......No. Could we pass....No. Could we cover....Hell N!!!!!! Could we tackle.....No. Could we make a play....hell no. I saw the worst team in the League today. It is without fail....we lose to crappy teams. We stand there with our thumbs in our mouths  So pretty much we are screwed for the remainder of the season. Unless #74 %head can start blocking and do what he is paid to do. Why in the hell did we draft this guy #1 a couple years ago?????? He is the worst linemen i have ever seen. He needs to be cut ASAP!!!!!!! Along with the perfect corner Davis!! Theses two "players" are a disgrace to the Colts Uniform. Davis got torched for over 300 yards today!!!!!!!!! Castonzo got beat the entire game, AND ever since he has been on the team!!!!! Another  Colts "player" I would like to talk about is Richardson.....wth!!!! This guy has made Donald Brown look like a Hall of Fame RB!!!!!! Richardson....you are a waste of space on this Colts roster. And we should thank him for costing us a 1st round draft pick. Which we could have used it on a CB or a Lineman. Thank you sooooo very much. 

Its plain and simple, 0.0 Colts players showed up today. Could we block......No. Could we run......No. Could we pass....No. Could we cover....Hell N!!!!!! Could we tackle.....No. Could we make a play....hell no. I saw the worst team in the League today. It is without fail....we lose to crappy teams. We stand there with our thumbs in our mouths . So pretty much we are screwed for the remainder of the season. Unless #74 %head can start blocking and do what he is paid to do. Why in the hell did we draft this guy #1 a couple years ago?????? He is the worst linemen i have ever seen. He needs to be cut ASAP!!!!!!! Along with the perfect corner Davis!! Theses two "players" are a disgrace to the Colts Uniform. Davis got torched for over 300 yards today!!!!!!!!! Castonzo got beat the entire game, AND ever since he has been on the team!!!!! Another  Colts "player" I would like to talk about is Richardson.....wth!!!! This guy has made Donald Brown look like a Hall of Fame RB!!!!!! Richardson....you are a waste of space on this Colts roster. And we should thank him for costing us a 1st round draft pick. Which we could have used it on a CB or a Lineman. Thank you sooooo very much. 

good post but I thought Mathis played well

Its plain and simple, 0.0 Colts players showed up today. Could we block......No. Could we run......No. Could we pass....No. Could we cover....Hell N!!!!!! Could we tackle.....No. Could we make a play....hell no. I saw the worst team in the League today. It is without fail....we lose to crappy teams. We stand there with our thumbs in our mouths  So pretty much we are screwed for the remainder of the season. Unless #74 %head can start blocking and do what he is paid to do. Why in the hell did we draft this guy #1 a couple years ago?????? He is the worst linemen i have ever seen. He needs to be cut ASAP!!!!!!! Along with the perfect corner Davis!! Theses two "players" are a disgrace to the Colts Uniform. Davis got torched for over 300 yards today!!!!!!!!! Castonzo got beat the entire game, AND ever since he has been on the team!!!!! Another  Colts "player" I would like to talk about is Richardson.....wth!!!! This guy has made Donald Brown look like a Hall of Fame RB!!!!!! Richardson....you are a waste of space on this Colts roster. And we should thank him for costing us a 1st round draft pick. Which we could have used it on a CB or a Lineman. Thank you sooooo very much. 

1310566609761.jpg

Come on man, don't even blame the refs on this one. Sure, you could argue that the no-pass interference call changed the momentum of the game; however, it didn't cost the Colts the game. It's kind of ridiculous to place the blame on the refs when we lost 38-8, in my opinion. You want to know the best way to win a game without the refs "screwing us over?" Take and maintain the lead so you dictate the outcome of the game, not the refs.  And when a bad call does come your way, react to the adversity in a positive manner..and just move onto the next play. The Colts did neither of those today. The Rams simply outplayed us.

Yeah that is true. You can't blame it all on the refs but i still think the lead could have been reduced by 14 points had the two calls gone our way. The Reed TD was probably the right call but i still tend to think "what if" when that sort of thing occurs.

Still feel a bit cheated on those 2 plays, nothing will change that. But despite my feeling we were still awful and unefficient and if we got something out of the game the rams would have definitely been robbed. Hopefully we can pull back from this game and do better next week. Maybe next time in this situation we will be a bit more conservative and smarter with it, Luck was far too aggressive throwing the ball imho.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 10, 2013 - unnecessary
Hidden by Nadine, November 10, 2013 - unnecessary

Its plain and simple, 0.0 Colts players showed up today. Could we block......No. Could we run......No. Could we pass....No. Could we cover....Hell N!!!!!! Could we tackle.....No. Could we make a play....hell no. I saw the worst team in the League today. It is without fail....we lose to crappy teams. We stand there with our thumbs in our mouths and take it up the butt. So pretty much we are screwed for the remainder of the season. Unless #74 %head can start blocking and do what he is paid to do. Why in the hell did we draft this guy #1 a couple years ago?????? He is the worst linemen i have ever seen. He needs to be cut ASAP!!!!!!! Along with the perfect corner Davis!! Theses two "players" are a disgrace to the Colts Uniform. Davis got torched for over 300 yards today!!!!!!!!! Castonzo got beat the entire game, AND ever since he has been on the team!!!!! Another  Colts "player" I would like to talk about is Richardson.....wth!!!! This guy has made Donald Brown look like a Hall of Fame RB!!!!!! Richardson....you are a waste of space on this Colts roster. And we should thank him for costing us a 1st round draft pick. Which we could have used it on a CB or a Lineman. Thank you sooooo very much. 

Hall of fame post right there. :facepalm:

Taking a sarcastic approach to support DHB and Trent doesn't accomplish anything. They both are awful and for those that keep trying to find new ways to defend them are just making themselves look silly. Yes, the O-line is terrible, but so is Richardson.

Don't forget DBs two rushes for a hard earned -1 yard!!!!! haha

He's pretty terrible also.

Today was just bad effort all across the board.

Here are my objective observations:  

1.  FIELD POSITION:  We need to improve on our field position, and that starts with the kick off returns. Until we have a bonafide returner, any ball kicked into the end zone should be downed.  We have to start from at least the 20 yard line every time.  Cassius Vaughan has shown better instincts than Reed, and I would suggest trying DHB as a kick returner rather than a receiver (further explanation later).

2.  GROUND AND POUND DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN RUN THE BALL:  Offensively, we have to realize that the pass sets up the run every bit as much as the run sets up the pass.  Ground and pound doesn't always mean run the ball.  Taking a page from Alex Smith and Phillip Rivers, it can mean the short pass as well.  Slants, the illegal pick plays (that everyone uses), quick outs, a misdirection screen, etc., not only saves the quarterback critical seconds, but typically gains the same yardage as a running play.  The biggest improvement this year for Phillip Rivers is getting rid of the ball earlier, shorter passes.  It is not too late to put Andrew Luck in a better position to succeed against the league-wide knowledge that an aggressive pass rush is rattling him (and he is running much less than he ever has in past).

3.  BE WHO YOU ARE ARE BECOME WHO YOU WANT TO BE:  Offensively, be who you are and not who you are not. We are not a great running team (our statistics are misleading).  And, this does not all fall squarely on the shoulders of the lineman, many things factor into this:  play calling, running backs, full back, tight ends, quarterback check offs and first looks, score, clock etc. We need to get our quarterback into a rhythm early and the three and outs or 3 points and less on opening drives to start the game, takes Luck out of his rhythm (and confidence). Believe or not the short passes mean just as much as the long and just as much as a run-- they also help get your quarterback confidence and into a rhythm.  Again, the pass sets up the run, just as much as the run sets up the pass.

4.  PLAY YOUR  BEST PLAYERS:  We need to have our best players on the field.  Pound for pound, speed for speed, Kavell Connor should be the starting ILB.  Angerer I hear is a good leader, has good instincts, the heart of a lion, but he is not as fast or strong as Kavell Connor on the field.  Darius Heyward Bey seems like a heckuva nice guy and is willing to put in the work.  That said, he has one of two deficiencies (maybe two), his hand/eye coordination and/or eye sight.  If his eye sight checks out, literally having it checked by an eye doctor, then his hand-eye coordination is deficient, and all of the heart and practice in the world is not going to fix that problem.  Our starting receivers have to be Brazil, Hilton, Whalen, and maybe Reed.  Darius was brought in to stretch the field and to be a long ball threat, he has done neither for us, and that is fault of our coaching, not DHB.  This experiment should stop and we need to put our best players into the game.  Try DHB at kick returns where he has more time to concentrate on the ball and worst case has the option to down it in the end zone (or quickly recover the ball if he drops it), and use his speed.  

In keeping with my nickname, monday morning quarterback, I am simply calling it as I see it on TV.  

Can we all not blame anything or anyone until this O-line gets fixed? Luck has been average but thats because he is not comfortable back there and the few times where he has gotten good protection on a consecutive plays and possessions, he has been money. If he gets hit three times and then gets good protection once that won't make much of a difference.

Then there is T-Rich and the dropped passes which I still blame on the O-line because this offensive unit can't get any rhythm going to start the game. Have you noticed how once the offense gets in a groove they just stroll down the field like its nothing? Thats what we need continuously but how can they do that when the O-line can't block consistently?

Lets see this O-line play better before we point fingers at others. 

I blame the coaches! Not the first time this season we are going into a game looking unprepared! Luck is out of sync since Reggie went down and the terrible Offensive Line isn't helping, no wonder that Andrew sometimes makes poor decisions. Still a young QB in his second year don't forget that when you call him out on his bad performances. 

Absolutely.  If I were Jim Irsay, I would be in the grill of Grigs, Pagano, Manusky and McMahon, STC.   This team came out unprepared to play.  That is on the head coach, Pagano.  The defensive scheme appears to be, let's see what they are doing on defense and then we will figure out how to play them.  That is on Manusky.  Special teams play is terrible.  How many times did Reed bring the ball out of the endzone to be stopped short of the 10 yard line?  A 98 yard TD on a punt return. 

Grigson traded O.Q. Shipley to the Ravens for a defensive player no longer with the team.  I noticed a player named Shipley playing RG for the Ravens.  Same person?  For years we Colts fans have watched winning the games all on Peyton.  Is it now on Luck to win the games?  The O line play is worse than poor.  It is a disgrace. 

Andrew does not seem able to process what is going on very quickly and the pressure obviously gets to him.  Many of his passes were off line and too high.  There were very few schemes across the middle that would have made for a quick release to the WR.  Pep doesn't seem to have them in his repetoire.  One of the commentators said Pagano told Andrew to settle down and play his game at half time. 

How does a team win games against some of the best teams in the NFL and lose to the Bolts and Rams?  IMO, the coaches prepared the team against the best and figured the other games were a gimmee. 

I hope Jim Irsay lights a fire under our coaching staff or explains to them that there are other men willing to relocate to Indy, who will take coaching this team seriously. 

And Grigson, fix the O line.  If not this season, then next season we better be much improved through the draft and FA. 

Sitting here with my.freinds Down 7-0..I said watch out for the come back kid...as of a a post made recently..this way we run offense early....is terrible...Trent is a bust At this point...and if we tet pounding it up the middle one more to3 I'm goi ng to puke....it doesnt work...until the line is fixed don't run it like that ...its dumb..and I love this team..if we need to win...which we do...we need to play like we do in later games..ALL game though...this is horrible to watch...and I'm not that Debbie downer guy...let us dominate all game ..not just the come back