Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Man Colts sucked today/ What has happened to the Colts?(merge)

OffensivelyPC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean u can't call play action on run plays that don't work at all ..at this point our PASS should set up the run.......not the unsuccessful run setting up no pass offense....its upsetting to.watch....I mean I'm behind us no matter what...but don't call plays against a stqcked box ...ITS NOT WORKING....do that la

Yeah, I won't say he was worth a first round pick.  I'm good wit hthat. Like I said above, people diss on the guy like he's the only problem.  And that drives me nuts.  He's got bad vision.  He's not explosive.  Brown runs well behind the same OL.  It's as if ONLY trent is the problem.  At least that's how most fan make it seem.  And it's just not true.  Our interior OL blocking has got to be pushing the limits for worst C/G combo in the NFL.  It's that bad.  But people blame our interior blocking on Trent.  Our interior OL sucks about as bad as Trent at this point. 

all the people's opinions (including myself) about not liking the trade at the time it was made, was because of giving up a #1 draft pick. then people started looking at him as a player with clevland and his first games with the colts. THAT is when people (including me) started questioning his ability as a rb. i have not seen anyone say richardson was the only problem, or that the line wasn't a problem. 

And the thing is, Trent was at fault. His YPC was awful. This run game couldn't ge tany worse. And probably, we lost this game because we gave up next year's first round pick. The other part of the problem si that we signed DHB. I mean, if we hadn't...we'd probably at least be in the game. But we signed DHB, so we're not. The whole team can't catch becase DHB has infected everyone on the Colts with a disease that keeps them from catching. And let's not get started on our offensive line. If Trent had any vision at all, they would block better. Damn you Trent. Damn you DHB. We need more effort from you guys. We paid a high price for you. This is on Trent and DHB. No excuses. Next man up.

Cue at&t guy. "Um.. what?"

How doesus giving away 1st pick cause us to lose. If we gave up a 2nd would we have won?

How does getting a revceiver lose you the game? So being thinner at the position we would have won?

How does a runningbacks vision let his line block better? So if he had AP type vision holes would miraculously be opening wide enough to drive a truck through?

Um...what?

I honestly can't tell if some posters are deluded enough to believe, if we ran Donald 20 times a game, that he would still be averaging the yardage that he is.

The line is awful for everyone.

They're hopeless. I'm not trying to diss Brown either. At least Trent has the power to push his linemen for a few yards.

How doesus giving away 1st pick cause us to lose. If we gave up a 2nd would we have won?

How does getting a revceiver lose you the game? So being thinner at the position we would have won?

How does a runningbacks vision let his line block better? So if he had AP type vision holes would miraculously be opening wide enough to drive a truck through?

Um...what?

The entire post was sarcasm ;)

They're hopeless. I'm not trying to diss Brown either. At least Trent has the power to push his linemen for a few yards.

I've been complimenting Brown since the Trent trade. He's played well. But he's played well in spite of the Line. Not because of them.

It's not only about losing today. Or the way it happened.We didn't do much better last week against the Texans, even if we won that game. That win was fortunate, and more or less down to Luck &T.Y. and a missed field goal.

Our O-line is a mess. Absolutely horrible. If there isn't significant improvement in the way they play, we're going to mess up the rest of the season. If anyone still think that there's no need to look at Guards in the next draft and FA, I encourage them to watch the tape of the last couple of games. That it wrecks havoc on our running game, and causes Luck to get hit way to often is a major problem.

But even if I could ramble on about how bad our O-line is, they can't take all the heat today. Our defense gave up 38 points - 38!

So Mathis had another couple of sacks - But we still gave away a ton of big plays.

That we don't have a group of WR's that's good enough has to be obvious for everyone. T.Y. will make some big plays for sure, and every team we play know that he's more or less all they have to focus on. DHB, Whalen, Brazil and Reed? Not exactly a grade A group of WR's.

I'm starting to think we've been punching above our weight, and that our record doesn't reflect how good a team we have.

I've been complimenting Brown since the Trent trade. He's played well. But he's played well in spite of the Line. Not because of them.

Exactly! I think we been running around on flat tires. Well today the wheel completely fell right off! Brown has been a great COP back for us this year. But I've seen him try to carry the load. As I've seen him to be a power runner this year. That's just not his forte.

Honesty, I think Lucks performance as of recently probably has a bit to due with the amount of hits he's taking. He doesn't trust his protection and therefore doesn't know where to go inside of the pocket.

But on the contrary, he's also missed guys wide open when he's had time to throw. All in all, it's the inconsistency. Luck may be able to make a nice throw but doesn't have the protection on one play. The next, he will have the protection but doesn't make a good throw.

Or DHB will drop it.

Honesty, I think Lucks performance as of recently probably has a bit to due with the amount of hits he's taking. He doesn't trust his protection and therefore doesn't know where to go inside of the pocket.

But on the contrary, he's also missed guys wide open when he's had time to throw. All in all, it's the inconsistency. Luck may be able to make a nice throw but doesn't have the protection on one play. The next, he will have the protection but doesn't make a good throw.

Or DHB will drop it.

His clock is completely out of whack. If people, not referencing yourself, don't see the ripple effect a terrible OLine has on the rest of the offense, I don't even know what to say.

Sry my phone is garbage....but I'm just saying if we play like we do when we are down 13-15-21 whatever and run the ball later imo it wouldn't be so bad...why try to establish the run early if wr can't block anyone really....its just sad and disappointing to watch us be that bad all game.....run up the score...then run the ball...don't try to run it with our interior line being that bad...just saying

Questions?

Why was Luck playing deep into the fourth quarter when the game was lost?

Why do we continue to open the game running the football?

Why is Trent Richardson still starting?

Why... oh why.... oh why..................... do the Colts keep RUNNING THE BALL OUT OF THE ENDZONE on kickoffs! Every possession was starting inside our 15 yard line. What does it take to find a Colts return man who can JUST TAKE A KNEE!   :facepalm:  You can't mount TD drives when you are always starting inside the 20. :explode:

Questions?

Why was Luck playing deep into the fourth quarter when the game was lost?

Why do we continue to open the game running the football?

Why is Trent Richardson still starting?

Why... oh why.... oh why..................... do the Colts keep RUNNING THE BALL OUT OF THE ENDZONE on kickoffs! Every possession was starting inside our 15 yard line. What does it take to find a Colts return man who can JUST TAKE A KNEE!   :facepalm:  You can't mount TD drives when you are always starting inside the 20. :explode:

All the fourth quarter comebacks is why Luck was still playing.  I know I know we all thought it was over and it was but coaches and players just think differently.  I think the hit to Whalen was a wake up call though.  He also got popped pretty good on that 4th down stop at the goal-line.  I think they realized that it would be best to get him out after that.

We went to Brown on the second drive and he got stuffed as much as Richardson did.  I am not sure T-Rich is the real issue. 

The last one I got nothing on...  They went to another return guy and he brought it out and did worse than Reed was doing.  Sigh...  I really wish they would just go back to Vaughn and tell him to just take a knee at least he knew to do that.  This offense has lost too many skilled players to keep giving up teen to fifteen yards on returns like we have been doing.

Um...what?

Sarcasm.