Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Fox taken to hospital; suspected heart attack.

Dustin

Oh no - poor guy.

Hopefully it's just precautionary.

Clicking the link in the tweet is helpful - back to the source. Twitter is like a giant game of telephone.

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/396734248708628480

we shall see it was tweeted a few minutes after the OP one

Broncos coach John Fox was taken to Charlotte area hospital from golf course when he complained of chest pains. Broncos believe he is ok.

1:23 PM - 2 Nov 13

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/396734248708628480

Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN report that Fox, who was golfing in Charlotte this weekend while the Broncos are on their bye week, is expected to be OK. Fox was taken by ambulance from the golf course to a North Carolina hospital.

The 58-year-old Fox, who has been a football coach for his entire adult life and an NFL head coach for the last 12 years, does not have a history of significant health problems.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/02/report-broncos-coach-john-fox-suffers-apparent-heart-attack/

Broncos believe that even with HC John Fox suffering a suspected heart attack, he should be OK.

LETS ALL HOPE HE IS OK  , LET HIM REST  , HEALTH TRUMPS FOOTBALL

John Fox just texted me to say he is doing fine and undergoing tests. Very good news. Says not to believe reports of heart attack.

Broncos official statement says John Fox is undergoing tests and under observation after feeling light-headed at Charlotte area golf course.

(Side rant)

Jason La Canfora irks me. He always gets his sources from others on twitter. 

Spoke to some who have talked to John Fox at the hospital. no heart attack. was lightheaded on golf course and went for observation...

:rantoff:

I wonder what it was then?

many a time i know of those  thaat  went to ER  in for hrt attack and was indigestion, many things can mimic symptoms

tell ya , i live with heart attack symptoms often just due to my other conditions , would be hard foe me to know if true unless pain is that unbearable, thats the most definitive symptom

feels like a Mack   truck sitting on your chest unless is what they call a silent he rt attack but lets not go off topic

just wish him well whatever is bothering him

many a time i know of those  thaat  went to ER  in for hrt attack and was indigestion, many things can mimic symptoms

tell ya , i live with heart attack symptoms often just due to my other conditions , would be hard foe me to know if true unless pain is that unbearable, thats the most definitive symptom

feels like a Mack   truck sitting on your chest unless is what they call a silent he rt attack but lets not go off topic

just wish him well whatever is bothering him

Agreed

after suffering light-headedness while golfing, according to Broncos executive director of media relations Patrick Smyth.

The team released a statement Saturday afternoon saying that Fox will be held at the hospital for observation and that the Broncos' medical staff is in contact with Fox, his family and the doctors treating him. More information will be provided when available.

Fox may have more tests, and

there is a possibility of a minor procedure.

But he may get released later Saturday.

Read more: Broncos coach John Fox in N. Carolina hospital with light-headedness - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24441941/broncos-coach-john-fox-north-carolina-hospital-after#ixzz2jWeam1Fy 

after suffering light-headedness while golfing, according to Broncos executive director of media relations Patrick Smyth.

The team released a statement Saturday afternoon saying that Fox will be held at the hospital for observation and that the Broncos' medical staff is in contact with Fox, his family and the doctors treating him. More information will be provided when available.

Fox may have more tests, and

there is a possibility of a minor procedure.

But he may get released later Saturday.

Read more: Broncos coach John Fox in N. Carolina hospital with light-headedness - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24441941/broncos-coach-john-fox-north-carolina-hospital-after#ixzz2jWeam1Fy 

Much relieved by the good news.

Doesn't "possibility of a minor procedure" suggest to you that it might be circulatory in nature after all? Stent as a precaution perhaps.

Unless he's just decided "as long as I'm here I might as well have that ingrown toenail removed".

Doesn't "possibility of a minor procedure" suggest to you that it might be circulatory in nature after all? Stent as a precaution perhaps.

Unless he's just decided "as long as I'm here I might as well have that ingrown toenail removed".

My thoughts exactly....   re: the stent  (not the toenail)  ;)   

Also relieved by the reported good news.

What happens a lot is their blood pressures raises quickly and they feel very lightheaded. Happened to my father a few years and he left the hospital the same day.

I think this is just a precaution, but I still hope he's alright. 

now the broncos are gonna play even better, for their coach just like we did last year.

It's not like it's cancer, and reports are it's not a heart attack.

A visit to the hospital is not fun, but it ain't cancer. 

Naturally, SW1 is glad to know that Mr. Fox is alright. That last line in your post was funny MAC. I know that after a sudden scare or unknown medical complication & a little humor goes a long way to releasing pent up tension & anxiety overall. I am relieved for Fox's loved ones & family. 

Naturally, SW1 is glad to know that Mr. Fox is alright. That last line in your post was funny MAC. I know that after a sudden scare or unknown medical complication & a little humor goes a long way to releasing pent up tension & anxiety overall. I am relieved for Fox's loved ones & family. 

Heh, I hear toenails can be painful! :omg:

My Beagle caught a nail on something on the 31st and he could barely walk for two days. My wife tried to get him up because he needed to go to the bathroom, and he cried, rolled over and peed up in the air like a fountain. haha If only she had a cup handy.

We haven't heard the whole story here yet, but just the fact that he didn't have a heart attack is an enormous relief - which I can relate to. I've run to the E/R with false alarms myself.

Well, maybe not run. More like "drove anxiously".

Heh, I hear toenails can be painful! :omg:

My Beagle caught a nail on something on the 31st and he could barely walk for two days. My wife tried to get him up because he needed to go to the bathroom, and he cried, rolled over and peed up in the air like a fountain. haha If only she had a cup handy.

We haven't heard the whole story here yet, but just the fact that he didn't have a heart attack is an enormous relief - which I can relate to. I've run to the E/R with false alarms myself.

Well, maybe not run. More like "drove anxiously".

:lol:   haha  I busted out laughing reading the highlighted part.

What happens a lot is their blood pressures raises quickly and they feel very lightheaded. Happened to my father a few years and he left the hospital the same day.

I think this is just a precaution, but I still hope he's alright. 

:lol:   haha  I busted out laughing reading the highlighted part.

Heart valve surgery can be routine unless its you having the surgery..

Then its very serious....

....Hopefully there will be no complications...

Is the procedure now or in the offseason? 

After undergoing testing and further observation, it was determined that Fox will undergo an aortic heart valve replacement early next week.

Fox espected to have the procedure after the season

“Coach Fox was advised by doctors months ago that his defective aortic valve would require this procedure following the 2013 season.

As part of his trip to North Carolina over the bye week, he had a preoperative appointment on Thursday with his doctor, who informed him to seek medical attention immediately if he felt any discomfort."

The team has not announced an interim head coach, and that decision will be made public as soon as it is finalized.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Update-on-Head-Coach-John-Fox/e63b91f8-4f72-42be-8d12-9a1f644e1781

Glazer: Fox to Miss Four to Six Weeks

he would remain hospitalized for two weeks and would not be able to coach for up to the next month and a half.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/11/2/5060160/glazer-fox-to-miss-four-to-six-weeks

I would bet on Del Rio  taking over , but as of yet nothing announced ,  However

The Broncos employ two former head coaches — defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, who was the Jacksonville Jaguars' coach for nine seasons,

and Eric Studesville, the running backs assistant who served as interim coach when Josh McDaniels was fired.

Both could fill in capably while Fox's doctors make sure he's OK.

Read more: Paige: John Fox's symptoms plenty to take very seriously - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_24443275/paige-john-foxs-symptoms-plenty-take-very-seriously#ixzz2jZgIdDEf 

PS I love how in my comment # 7

it was reportedc thaat

does not have a history of significant health problems.  ( yet he expected as i note above to have the peocedure after the season )

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/02/report-broncos-coach-john-fox-suffers-apparent-heart-attack/

After undergoing testing and further observation, it was determined that Fox will undergo an aortic heart valve replacement early next week.

Fox WAS espected to have the procedure after the season

“Coach Fox was advised by doctors months ago that his defective aortic valve would require this procedure following the 2013 season.

As part of his trip to North Carolina over the bye week, he had a preoperative appointment on Thursday with his doctor, who informed him to seek medical attention immediately if he felt any discomfort."

The team has not announced an interim head coach, and that decision will be made public as soon as it is finalized.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Update-on-Head-Coach-John-Fox/e63b91f8-4f72-42be-8d12-9a1f644e1781

Glazer: Fox to Miss Four to Six Weeks

he would remain hospitalized for two weeks and would not be able to coach for up to the next month and a half.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/11/2/5060160/glazer-fox-to-miss-four-to-six-weeks

I would bet on Del Rio  taking over , but as of yet nothing announced ,  However

The Broncos employ two former head coaches — defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio, who was the Jacksonville Jaguars' coach for nine seasons,

and Eric Studesville, the running backs assistant who served as interim coach when Josh McDaniels was fired.

Both could fill in capably while Fox's doctors make sure he's OK.

Read more: Paige: John Fox's symptoms plenty to take very seriously - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_24443275/paige-john-foxs-symptoms-plenty-take-very-seriously#ixzz2jZgIdDEf 

PS I love how in my comment # 7

it was reportedc thaat

does not have a history of significant health problems.  ( yet he expected as i note above to have the peocedure after the season )