Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign TE Weslye Saunders

MTC

I think this move inadvertently frees up Fleener, but the thinking was probably to improve our power run game with Saunders who is a better blocker.

I'm afraid that people want to see more of Fleener playing out out wider and instead we'll see more power running with T-Rich.

I think this move inadvertently frees up Fleener, but the thinking was probably to improve our power run game with Saunders who is a better blocker.

I'm afraid that people want to see more of Fleener playing out out wider and instead we'll see more power running with T-Rich.

and maybe something new , play action passes from the power run formation.

I think he provides a few things, for as ever long as he's here. He can block, he's not the worst receiver (if his college record is any indication, and it's occasionally not), and he's a guy Andrew won't necessarily have to develop a relationship with in short time, as he already (somewhat) knows him.

To me, the fact that Luck is playing with two receivers and one TE who were on the active roster last year makes a signing like Saunders a logical step. Not saying he jumps past Doyle, but he's not another new face.

that is messed up I thought this team needed another WR more than a TE.

Simple math really. They have 5 WR's on the active roster already and before the Saunders move, they only had 2 TE's. They were never going to go into a game with only 2 TE's.

@KBowenColts: Weslye Saunders on being back with the @Colts: “This is it. Nobody gets this many chances. It’s time for me to do what I came here to do.”

@KBowenColts: Saunders said he was living in Indy for 2 months after being cut. Where did Saunders work out in Indy during that time...

@KBowenColts: Saunders: "Shout out to the YMCA of Greenwood and those kids out there that kept me in great shape (playing basketball)."