Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Ben says Tom Brady is best QB

amfootball

Big Ben thinks Brady is the best QB:

"To me, he's the best quarterback in the league and he's done it for a long time. That's no disrespect to some of these other guys that are doing some amazing things in the NFL right now. But to me, it's about wins and championships -- and he's got more championships than anybody."

"For the first how many weeks of the season he was playing with receivers that nobody had ever really heard of, so you've got to give him credit for getting his team to 6-2," Roethlisberger said. "He's got great vision, he's got big arm strength, a great understanding of offense and defense.

"He finds ways to win. Fourth-quarter drives, Super Bowls -- and to me the No. 1 factor is championships."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9898748/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-says-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-best-quarterback-nfl

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's nice to see another QB giving Brady props, it's hard to look past the fact that this is also a little self-serving. Ben's got two rings but has not had an MVP-type season in his career, so if he says, "to me it's all about the championships," well... draw your own dotted line there, it's not too hard to see the connection.

That said, this is not 2008, and I think those who are looking at statistics in a vacuum aren't even seeing half the picture when it comes to Brady and the Patriots this season. Despite his sub-par numbers, this team would have maybe two wins without Brady. And that's kind of a stretch.

While it's nice to see another QB giving Brady props, it's hard to look past the fact that this is also a little self-serving. Ben's got two rings but has not had an MVP-type season in his career, so if he says, "to me it's all about the championships," well... draw your own dotted line there, it's not too hard to see the connection.

That said, this is not 2008, and I think those who are looking at statistics in a vacuum aren't even seeing half the picture when it comes to Brady and the Patriots this season. Despite his sub-par numbers, this team would have maybe two wins without Brady. And that's kind of a stretch.

was going to note same, he has 2 rings , it is self serving

was going to note same, he has 2 rings , it is self serving

PS & yes stats arent everything, like that 1st or second game horrible play, stellar last drive to win with amendola making a great 3rd down catch on a hurt groin he came back in to play after leaving , 

also one day they shopuld make completion % and count drops as catches, put it on the receiver also and not just reflect it in QB rating

Big Ben thinks Brady is the best QB:

"To me, he's the best quarterback in the league and he's done it for a long time. That's no disrespect to some of these other guys that are doing some amazing things in the NFL right now. But to me, it's about wins and championships -- and he's got more championships than anybody."

"For the first how many weeks of the season he was playing with receivers that nobody had ever really heard of, so you've got to give him credit for getting his team to 6-2," Roethlisberger said. "He's got great vision, he's got big arm strength, a great understanding of offense and defense.

"He finds ways to win. Fourth-quarter drives, Super Bowls -- and to me the No. 1 factor is championships."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9898748/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-says-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-best-quarterback-nfl

I'm not really that bothered by what Big Ben said. Tom Brady is 1 hades of a elite QB with 3 rings. Okay, Big Ben has 2 himself as others like Gopats & Bayone have pointed out correctly, but even if Ben had no SB rings & said the exact same thing is that statement any less inaccurate? No. 

Look, I respect Brady for what he does almost year in & year out: Win division titles & Playoff games with no name WRs & TEs. He will take whatever you give him & he will win on the ground or through the air. The biggest complement I can pay Brady is consistency & with 1 minute on the clock Tom scares the bleep out of me because I know he can win any game just look at their game against Rob Ryan & the Saints recently. Jesus,  just when you think the Patriots are down, Brady like a silent assassin delivers the kill shot & game winning TD. No matter what happens in the offseason you know Brady will deliver the goods. 

Plus, every new season an elite QB takes the sports world by storm. Last season it was Peyton Manning. I don't view this as a term of slight or disrespect. Just the football order of things. Next year it might be Drew Brees with a monster year. Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rogers, Luck ...It's all a mutual admiration society to me...

If Ben wants to give Brady some love, SW1 is cool with it. He's earned it. 

I honestly was never a big Brady fan early in his career.  I had him in the same category as Roethlisberger, guys who could play solid ball and take you to the promised land on a great team.  Since the defense started to slide in the late 00's Brady's shown he's the type of player that elevates his teammates.  * Roethlisberger blows with the wind.

What you do when the team has struggles says more than the championships IMO, and Brady has been a winner when he's done it with ball control and a great defense and he's done it when it was all offense carrying the squad.  This year is no different, he's winning with a shaky offense around him.  

To the inevitable direction/point of this thread, I still think Manning is better.  :)

And how many championships has Brady won since Spygate?....

zero-zilch-nada.jpg

...if you guessed zero, then winner winner chicken dinner, you are right!

Really? Are we really going there still? Spygate...Let it go...2007/2008 the scandal broke & NE still got to the SB in 2007 season & 2011 season...NE was 1 Wes Welker drop & 1 Gronk catch from 2 more World Championships. Facts are facts. Let's be honest here. Thank you. Yes, the NY Giants won both games, but not by a wide margin either. 

Aaron Rodgers has made similar comments about Brady as well and he has both the stellar stats and a ring:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/06/aaron-rodgers-patriots-tom-brady-is-the-best-by-far-among-current-nfl-quarterbacks/1

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said Brady "is the best by far" among current NFL quarterbacks.

"It's not even close," Rodgers told ESPN Radio.

The station asked Rodgers who he thought the top five quarterbacks in the NFL are. He added the Chargers' Philip Rivers, the Cowboys' Tony Romo and Saints Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees to the list. And he added Manning, the Colts' four-time MVP.

But he said none, not even Manning, can match the skill level of Brady, the three-time Super Bowl-winning Patriots QB.

Said Rodgers:

"No order except for Tom being the best. He does things that other guys can't do. His pocket presence is better than those guys by far. He throws a better ball than just about all those guys. He's a winner – better than all those guys."

Bringing up Spygate in 2013 is like me saying that the Saints SB victory in 2009 doesn't really count since Colts Special Teams weren't prepared for the onside kick called by HC Sean Payton & therefore INDY deserves a ring not New Orleans.

You are entitled to your opinion Beywatch, but lets not be disingenuous here. Watch or remember the whole game not just the final result. JMO. 

I don't take rapists opinions on anything into account.

I know I shouldn't laugh at this, but even SW1 has to admit that statement was pretty darn accurate Deathlitis. Yes, Ben was not brought to justice in a court of law, but that's only because a star struck Georgia Police Officer didn't do his job properly. 

Aaron Rodgers has made similar comments about Brady as well and he has both the stellar stats and a ring:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/06/aaron-rodgers-patriots-tom-brady-is-the-best-by-far-among-current-nfl-quarterbacks/1

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said Brady "is the best by far" among current NFL quarterbacks.

"It's not even close," Rodgers told ESPN Radio.

The station asked Rodgers who he thought the top five quarterbacks in the NFL are. He added the Chargers' Philip Rivers, the Cowboys' Tony Romo and Saints Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees to the list. And he added Manning, the Colts' four-time MVP.

But he said none, not even Manning, can match the skill level of Brady, the three-time Super Bowl-winning Patriots QB.

Said Rodgers:

"No order except for Tom being the best. He does things that other guys can't do. His pocket presence is better than those guys by far. He throws a better ball than just about all those guys. He's a winner – better than all those guys."

I realize Boston citizens are going to believe that Brady is the Best QB just like New Orleans citizens will believe Drew Brees is the Best QB. I just don't care for absolutes. My guy rocks & your guy sucks or will always be runner up...Always the bridesmaid never the bride kind of thing. Nobody ever wins that discussion. Can't we just appreciate Brady's greatness & move on?

It's not a direct competition to me. It's like saying who is a more brilliant scientist Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawkings? Both men are a genius & are/were revolutionary in their disciplinary field contributions. JMO.  

Just be grateful for Tom Brady's intelligence & flawless execution for however long it lasts because once Brady retires from this great game as a shoe in HOF player NE's QB play will more than likely undergo a significant dropoff with more than a few grow pains along the way...

Knowing BB though, he could have Foxboro's franchise replacement by then who knows... haha Bill probably has NFL Network's draft guru Mike Mayock searching for the next Brady 2.0 as we speak...Darn, I wish Mike would do some leg work for INDY man. Oh well...GM Ryan Grigson is doing fine I guess...

I realize Boston citizens are going to believe that Brady is the Best QB just like New Orleans citizens will believe Drew Brees is the Best QB. I just don't care for absolutes. My guy rocks & your guy sucks or will always be runner up...Always the bridesmaid never the bride kind of thing. Nobody ever wins that discussion. Can't we just appreciate Brady's greatness & move on?

It's not a direct competition to me. It's like saying who is a more brilliant scientist Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawkings? Both men are a genius & are/were revolutionary in their disciplinary field contributions. JMO.  

True. It is not too often though that the opposing Qb of the team the Pats is about to play calls the other team's QB the greatest QB. And last I checked Ben is not from Boston. :D

Definitely Einstein. Relativity >>> n=8 supergravity.

:D

Bringing up Spygate in 2013 is like me saying that the Saints SB victory in 2009 doesn't really count since Colts Special Teams weren't prepared for the onside kick called by HC Sean Payton & therefore INDY deserves a ring not New Orleans.

You are entitled to your opinion Beywatch, but lets not be disingenuous here. Watch or remember the whole game not just the final result. JMO. 

I don't buy into the whole Spygate thing myself, but to compare that to not being prepared for an onside kick seems like quite a stretch to me.

Now, if you had said, Bountygate; I could understand.

But, I can't recall a team ever being heavily disciplined for not being prepared for an onside kick. 

Ben Roethlisberger is on pace to have more rape charges then championships... and nothing he says is relevant. The guy should have been suspended for more than 4 games after being involved in such cases twice. The only reason he walked is because the women were just as shady as him.

I'd distance myself as quickly as possible.

Of course Ben would say Brady is the best. The only Hall of Fame argument he has is the 2 super bowl wins, and otherwise he's a good but not great QB. He falls on the Super Bowls define a QB side of the spectrum. 

Really? Are we really going there still? Spygate...Let it go...2007/2008 the scandal broke & NE still got to the SB in 2007 season & 2011 season...NE was 1 Wes Welker drop & 1 Gronk catch from 2 more World Championships. Facts are facts. Let's be honest here. Thank you. Yes, the NY Giants won both games, but not by a wide margin either.

A win is a win. That is what New York did... and it doesn't matter if it was a wide margin, or not. Nothing can take that away from them even trying your damnedest.