Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Ben says Tom Brady is best QB

amfootball

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the first two Pats parades but have not made the others. I have three kids under 10 so I am home bound tomorrow in the morning for soccer which is the new football. lol. I am hoping to be able to go for some of it.

I know what you mean. Our kids are so spoiled. I have a Super Bowl party every year and my eight year now asks when the Pats are playing in the Super Bowl. She just assumes they will be there because they have been there almost every year of her life. Pretty surreal.

My brother called me the other night and said that if the Sox win game 6 the real MVP should be Tom Brady. He has been saying for years that Brady is the one that brought winning to this city and he deserves the credit for all the championships. A bit over the top even for someone like me but he does make me laugh. Brady did begin it all. :)

Good grief!

We really need to look into getting you your own "Tom Brady Adoration" forum. 

I guess Larry Bird wasn't enough of a winner for the city.

lol. So true. How about Bill Russell and his 11 rings? They were discussing today on the radio who should be on the Mount Rushmore of Boston sports. For the longest time it was Williams, Orr, Bird and Russell. Now with Brady and Ortiz, someone has to go. Tough one.

So youre saying the recording of opposing sidelines, which is cheating, happened, but neither side directly refered to it as cheating, so it wasnt?

That is the single most bizzare train of logic Ive ever seen. Im not one to say put an asterisk by their superbowl wins for it, because those were still very good teams, but its ridiculous to try and defend it.

Surely you can see how the tapes had to be destroyed to protect the recorded, and how accepting punishment for doing it is admission of guilt for wrongdoing. Its very simple logic here.

Tell me SkyBane, bringing up Nixon & Watergate would seem to indicate that I don't subscribe to your belief that destroying the tapes completely is the best course of action in an alleged scandal of misconduct. Please refrain from telling me what I should or shouldn't think. Thank you. Also, many of you fail to grasping the concept of "direct evidence" which was destroyed by Roger Goodell. That is who you should be directing your anger at. If a person believes that NE cheated with filming from the sidelines & Roger Goodell destroyed that evidence the NFL Commissioner willingly contributed to covering up the actual act or violation right? 

In addition, BB has said more than once that he believed that using a person to videotape from the sidelines was not out of bounds just as long as that footage was not used during the same game. Now, I am not debating the truthfulness of that statement. I am merely pointing out why BB felt that his decision to "allegedly" videotape" from the sidelines was not illegal or constitute breaking an NFL rule. In other words, BB never admitted wrongdoing intentionally just how his interpretation of videotaping was not correct based upon what Roger Goodell said it was. 

You seem to be under some false pretense that I am defending BB like he is beyond reproach. No, I am not saying that BB should automatically be pardoned of all charges. I am merely pointing out that both BB & Roger Goodell never admitted to intentionally committing an illegal act of blatant disregard & defiance as if to indicate that both sides are untouchable. If you wish to condemn me, at least do me the courtesy of getting my thesis down correctly. You can laugh at me & roll your eyes at me until the cows come home. Frankly, I don't give a darn.  

Also, sometimes paying a fine is easier than contesting a dispute that is ongoing & you keep spinning your wheels & going nowhere. It's like fighting city hall, permit regulations, or a cop that pulls you over with no speed gun. Just pay the fine & put the matter to bed forever. BB & Robert Kraft just paid the fine to end this dilemma & move forward with a clean slate. That's how the world works...

Also destroying the tapes had just as much to do with protecting the League's caboose & the integrity of this game as much as anything else...Don't kid yourself... haha

He just wont admit when he is wrong

I like you Jvan, but SW1 feels compelled to point out when I make mistakes all the time which I openly acknowledge.  

Let's see, I admitted I was wrong when the Ravens OC, Jim Caldwell, would never win a SB; I admitted I was wrong to Superman that Peyton Manning never told Jim Irsay to draft Andrew Luck on the plane & NBC NFL commentator Al Michaels said 18 did on the air live when the Colts faced the Broncos inside LOS on Oct. 20, 2013, & I gave all NE fans an apology on Colts Forum when GoPats provided a link documenting that a pawn shop owner in Boston did a Butterfingers candybar gimmick to criticize then Patriots WR Wes Welker over a dropped pass in the 2007 SB vs the NY Giants. I falsely believed that Boston citizens endorsed this scheme to mock & slam Welker. I issued an online apology to all NE fans. Ask GoPats if you don't believe me. 

But, you're right Jvan. SW1 just has a problem admitting that I am wrong... :P

With his money he should have just left the cash in the dugout when the Sox left town! LOL... 

No doubt. He looked like Citizen Cane out there tearing up the dugout. Now, after the World Series win, there will be even more Red Sox fans down at Camden Yards this year. I can hardly wait ! LOL

Yes, he is. The official Mr. October right alongside Reggie.

He is the first non-Yankee in decades to win three championships with the same team. Makes my 80 year old dad very, very happy. :D  

You're wrong on that one. Jim Palmer won three World Series with the Baltimore Orioles, 1966, 1970, and 1983 . He should have had six, but we lost to the ridiculous Mets in 1969 with probably the best team in Orioles history, 1971 to the Pirates with four 20 game winners, and 1979, after leading the Pirates 3-1 in that series, then losing the last three. 

I don't want to be like Red Sox fans and have to wait 86 years for the Orioles to win another World Series. I don't think I'll make it to 2069 !

You're wrong on that one. Jim Palmer won three World Series with the Baltimore Orioles, 1966, 1970, and 1983 . He should have had six, but we lost to the ridiculous Mets in 1969 with probably the best team in Orioles history, 1971 to the Pirates with four 20 game winners, and 1979, after leading the Pirates 3-1 in that series, then losing the last three. 

I don't want to be like Red Sox fans and have to wait 86 years for the Orioles to win another World Series. I don't think I'll make it to 2069 !

I watched every game of all three of those series that Balt lost. In 1969 , they were badly outplayed. Those two Pirate teams were every bit as good (or at least very close) as the Orioles. In that 79 series , the Pirates lost a game leading 5-3 in the 8th , another 5-4 and then pretty much dominated the Orioles in the last 3 games. I remember pretty well as I've always been a big Pirate fan. Not to nitpick you but usually when someone makes a statement like that , it would mean that something like a bad call or flukey play or plays cost a better team a win. I don't see how you can say he should have one 6 as the Orioles were outplayed in at least two of those series. The one in 71 , I remember as being an evenly played series.

I watched every game of all three of those series that Balt lost. In 1969 , they were badly outplayed. Those two Pirate teams were every bit as good (or at least very close) as the Orioles. In that 79 series , the Pirates lost a game leading 5-3 in the 8th , another 5-4 and then pretty much dominated the Orioles in the last 3 games. I remember pretty well as I've always been a big Pirate fan. Not to nitpick you but usually when someone makes a statement like that , it would mean that something like a bad call or flukey play or plays cost a better team a win. I don't see how you can say he should have one 6 as the Orioles were outplayed in at least two of those series. The one in 71 , I remember as being an evenly played series.

I'm not sure that they were badly outplayed in 1969. They lost two 2-1 games in that World Series, and the outcomes would have been different without Swaboda's and Agee's miracle plays. The Mets got hot, and they had a great pitching staff with Koosman, Gentry, Seaver, Tug McGraw, and a young Nolan Ryan. Everyone thinks the Mets won like 86 games that year, but they were actually 100-62. The Orioles were 109-53, but like the 1968 Baltimore Colts, they fell to a New York team.

After winning in 1970, the Pirates may have been favored in that one with Clemente. It was a tough one though, as the Orioles had four 20 game winners, and were up 2-0 in that series, before losing a tough game 7 to Steve Blass 2-1. Blass couldn't even get a pitch over the plate the next season.

In 1979, it was tough because the Orioles had a 3-1 lead on the Pirates , and let that one get away. 

The Orioles always had great pitching in each of those World Series, but in each of those series losses, the hitting went into the toilet the last few games. I guess as fans, you always lament the Championships that got away. 

I'm not sure that they were badly outplayed in 1969. They lost two 2-1 games in that World Series, and the outcomes would have been different without Swaboda's and Agee's miracle plays. The Mets got hot, and they had a great pitching staff with Koosman, Gentry, Seaver, Tug McGraw, and a young Nolan Ryan. Everyone thinks the Mets won like 86 games that year, but they were actually 100-62. The Orioles were 109-53, but like the 1968 Baltimore Colts, they fell to a New York team.

After winning in 1970, the Pirates may have been favored in that one with Clemente. It was a tough one though, as the Orioles had four 20 game winners, and were up 2-0 in that series, before losing a tough game 7 to Steve Blass 2-1. Blass couldn't even get a pitch over the plate the next season.

In 1979, it was tough because the Orioles had a 3-1 lead on the Pirates , and let that one get away. 

The Orioles always had great pitching in each of those World Series, but in each of those series losses, the hitting went into the toilet the last few games. I guess as fans, you always lament the Championships that got away. 

Yeah..I hear ya. I still think about that loss to the Jets. Now .. that one was just a pile of bad luck and breaks before the momentum finally shifted to the Jets.

It was actually 1973 that Blass suddenly couldn't throw a baseball anymore. He did have one more great season following the 71 WS. You can't imagine how painful that "disease" of "sudden no idea how to throw a baseball can be." My son was a very nice college player , great hitter and excellent 2nd baseman. He made a horrible throw in a summer league game and a nasty coach was pretty upset as it cost the team a game. It ended up evolving into the Steve Sax , Rich Ankiel ,Steve Blass type thing. He was moved to LF in college ( they already had a DH type guy) and subsequently crashed into the wall and wrecked his back. But you can't believe what these guys go though , they just have no idea of arm slot and it's pretty much impossible to throw a baseball again. We would play catch in our back yard with a bucket of 30-40 balls and within two - three rounds they would all be across the street. One would be 10 feet over my head and the next would be like 10 feet short and 10 feet right or left. I saw it happen to another good player in high school and he actually hit the pitchers mound with a throw from 3rd to 1st. He never could throw again either. 

I think they were talking position players not pitchers. That being said winning champs 17 years a part is truly amazing. The Sox could have had a couple of more this century too if Little pulled Pedro in the 8th against the Yanks in 2003 and if Beckett did not get hurt against the Rays in 2009.

I think they were talking position players not pitchers. That being said winning champs 17 years a part is truly amazing. The Sox could have had a couple of more this century too if Little pulled Pedro in the 8th against the Yanks in 2003 and if Beckett did not get hurt against the Rays in 2009.

You guys did have some tough losses also in 1967, 1975, and of course 1986. The last one had to be a killer, as the Red Sox had that one in hand, and let it get away.

Yeah..I hear ya. I still think about that loss to the Jets. Now .. that one was just a pile of bad luck and breaks before the momentum finally shifted to the Jets.

It was actually 1973 that Blass suddenly couldn't throw a baseball anymore. He did have one more great season following the 71 WS. You can't imagine how painful that "disease" of "sudden no idea how to throw a baseball can be." My son was a very nice college player , great hitter and excellent 2nd baseman. He made a horrible throw in a summer league game and a nasty coach was pretty upset as it cost the team a game. It ended up evolving into the Steve Sax , Rich Ankiel ,Steve Blass type thing. He was moved to LF in college ( they already had a DH type guy) and subsequently crashed into the wall and wrecked his back. But you can't believe what these guys go though , they just have no idea of arm slot and it's pretty much impossible to throw a baseball again. We would play catch in our back yard with a bucket of 30-40 balls and within two - three rounds they would all be across the street. One would be 10 feet over my head and the next would be like 10 feet short and 10 feet right or left. I saw it happen to another good player in high school and he actually hit the pitchers mound with a throw from 3rd to 1st. He never could throw again either.

Isn't Blass an announcer for the Pirates now ? Yes, 1969 was a horrible year in Baltimore . The orioles lost to the mets, the colts to the jets, and the bullets to the Knicks. 1970 was much kinder.

You guys did have some tough losses also in 1967, 1975, and of course 1986. The last one had to be a killer, as the Red Sox had that one in hand, and let it get away.

I try not to think of any Sox history prior to this century as it is too painful. The only one of those I watched was 1986 and it tore my heart out. I was 12 and remember crying every night for a week. If I think about it even now, I get upset. As I am sure you know, we hate NY teams. And that Mets team was horrible compared to the Sox that year and lousy Clemens leaves game 6 with a hang nail and then the bullpen blew it in dramatic fashion. Just so awful. Years later in college (I went to Boston University) I met a fellow student who was from NY and a Mets fan. He told me how happy he was when the Mets won and how it changed his life and made him go into sports broadcasting (that is what I studied at BU). I told him how it crushed me. Funny how a game like that can have such different effects depending on your rooting interests.

Isn't Blass an announcer for the Pirates now ? Yes, 1969 was a horrible year in Baltimore . The orioles lost to the mets, the colts to the jets, and the bullets to the Knicks. 1970 was much kinder.

Yes he does broadcast . Nothing like Bob Prince , but not bad.

I try not to think of any Sox history prior to this century as it is too painful. The only one of those I watched was 1986 and it tore my heart out. I was 12 and remember crying every night for a week. If I think about it even now, I get upset. As I am sure you know, we hate NY teams. And that Mets team was horrible compared to the Sox that year and lousy Clemens leaves game 6 with a hang nail and then the bullpen blew it in dramatic fashion. Just so awful. Years later in college (I went to Boston University) I met a fellow student who was from NY and a Mets fan. He told me how happy he was when the Mets won and how it changed his life and made him go into sports broadcasting (that is what I studied at BU). I told him how it crushed me. Funny how a game like that can have such different effects depending on your rooting interests.

Mets had them all the way in that game. 

I was at a bar in Baltimore (FellsPoint) when that ball went through Buckner's legs. I remember that the Mets were already thanking the fans on the scoreboard for a great 1986 season in anticipation for a loss, when the unthinkable happened. Had to be brutal for Red Sox fans. I just remember Calvin Schilradi blowing up.

I remember Curt Gowdy doing the national broadcast in 1971. I was at game one of that series, and McNally beat the Pirates 5 to 3. Rettenmund hit a three run homer .

I was a junior in college at that time. Looking at the box scores , I remember games 3-7 pretty well but have no memory of the first two games. Maybe just selective memory....

I love it... just when the "what happened to Brady" obituaries start popping up, Tom hangs 50+ on the Steelers and throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs. 

I've been saying it all along. Teams that peak in September or October are usually not the ones that are still playing in February.

:thmup:

I love it... just when the "what happened to Brady" obituaries start popping up, Tom hangs 50+ on the Steelers and throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs. 

I've been saying it all along. Teams that peak in September or October are usually not the ones that are still playing in February.

:thmup:

Just before the game began they said Brady was on pace to throw 18 TDs this season - his lowest total since 2001. Then he puts up 4 and 400 yards +. It was great! lol.