• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

Britt is in division, it wont happen

Gordon is best case scenario

Nicks is a desperation move

I want Gordon or nothing.

I'd like Gordon but he is one failed drug test from being banned for a YEAR. Nicks would be the best option in my opinion. He would be easier to pry off of NY than Gordon from Cleveland and he's 25 years old.

His contract is up after this year. It would be trading picks for a half season rental before he would try and cash in via free agency. Its a bad trade.

His contract is up after this year. It would be trading picks for a half season rental before he would try and cash in via free agency. Its a bad trade.

There's always that rare possibility we extend said player after we trade for him... I would prefer Gordon, but to me the Nicks scenario seems more likely. We are talking about now...after Reggie's ACL injury.. not at the end of the year. 

Nicks is the only real option from the list above. Clevland isn't going to trade gordon if they want a wide open offense, britt is a headache. The only way Nicks deal happens is if he agrees to a contract extension as part of the deal. Nobody is going to trade for him for 9 games

There's always that rare possibility we extend said player after we trade for him... I would prefer Gordon, but to me the Nicks scenario seems more likely. We are talking about now...after Reggie's ACL injury.. not at the end of the year. 

There's a few roster spots open after Jones and Hughes got cut. So we may just bring someone in and hope that TY or DHB can step up. 

A thought:  Grigson has made 15 or so trades.  Have any of them been favorable?  TRIch?  debatable.

Don't expect a savior by way of trade.  There is a reason the other team is looking to jettison said WR.  I would love to see a trade that eases the pain of losing Reggie, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.

None of the above, go with T.Y,DHB, and Brazil. Keep the 2nd and 3rd round picks still need a ILB,C,CB, and guard. We can't give away all of our picks were a balanced team not in Manning era anymore.

In what world do we need to draft CB? The Colts have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. WR and interior O line are the weakest points, not sure which is worse now that Wayne is out.

In what world do we need to draft CB? The Colts have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. WR and interior O line are the weakest points, not sure which is worse now that Wayne is out.

No depth at all and i'm not sold on Toler. I think will go ILB in 2nd to pair with Freeman then G in 3rd, CB in 5th round.

A thought: Grigson has made 15 or so trades. Have any of them been favorable? TRIch? debatable.

Don't expect a savior by way of trade. There is a reason the other team is looking to jettison said WR. I would love to see a trade that eases the pain of losing Reggie, but the odds are heavily stacked against it.

That Vontae Davis trade certainly wasn't favorable.

95% of the trades have been late picks for lower roster guys or swapping two players who weren't going to make the cut on their team.

No depth at all and i'm not sold on Toler. I think will go ILB in 2nd to pair with Freeman then G in 3rd, CB in 5th round.

Considering the desperate need at WR and poor interior line play, that is the silliest mock draft I can think of.

Consider that Wayne will be 36 coming off a torn ACL next year, and DHB will need a new contract. Thats both our starters this year. Can TY improve to be a #1? Sure, especially with one more offseason. Thats still dangerously thin at WR with no aid in sight with your little mock there. A trade now of a WR gives Grigson breathing room to address other areas and not be steamrolled in negotiations by free agents, while also helping to fill the gap Reggie left this year in a playoff run.

Its not just about this year and next man up. Its a building move to address a position that has become alarmingly thin on offense, so our franchise QB actually has somebody to throw to.

More and more i like the idea of a Nicks trade. He's played in every game this year and his injury proneness has been blown out of proportion. Also the man is proven playoff clutch, its too late I want him now..

Something would have to be done about that contract though. He is going to want his pay day come season end.

There's no one I repeat no one in this league who if picked up, will turn into Lucks go to guy like Reggie was. That takes time. So say we pick up Nicks Gordon whoever, its going to take a lot of time building that chemistry and timing. We'd be better off not trading, or getting a low risk low cost player and then getting a WR in the draft and letting him develop next year during training camp. I think that's part of the reason you don't see trich getting huge numbers. He's not confident in his line nor has he picked up on the tendacies of this line yet. The off season does that.

Something would have to be done about that contract though. He is going to want his pay day come season end.

Yeah I was actually wondering if you can essentially get a guarantee that he;ll sign a contract BEFORE we trade him. Almost certain a team has done this before. Or the giants could just resign him than trade him right?

There's no one I repeat no one in this league who if picked up, will turn into Lucks go to guy like Reggie was. That takes time. So say we pick up Nicks Gordon whoever, its going to take a lot of time building that chemistry and timing. We'd be better off not trading, or getting a low risk low cost player and then getting a WR in the draft and letting him develop next year during training camp. I think that's part of the reason you don't see trich getting huge numbers. He's not confident in his line nor has he picked up on the tendacies of this line yet. The off season does that.

Nicks is 25 and would take at most a year to get chemistry. He also has something that no other receiver can really offer us: Playoff experience, and IIRC he is a good blocker as well. Just my 2 cents because now that i've been reading up on Nicks i like what i see. :)

Yeah I was actually wondering if you can essentially get a guarantee that he;ll sign a contract BEFORE we trade him. Almost certain a team has done this before. Or the giants could just resign him than trade him right?

Yes, if the player agrees, an extension can be a condition to a trade. Nicks will still demand a high price though in such negotiations.

Yes, if the player agrees, an extension can be a condition to a trade. Nicks will still demand a high price though in such negotiations.

With Luck I think he'll be worth it. Unlike Wallace... But this is all just from an emotional fan who wants to have a future plan in case my man can't come back or is only a shred of his former self :( The future is bright, any good receiver prospects next year? (I don't follow CFB)