Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Jalil Brown

1959Colts

One of the Chiefs fans posted this about Brown:

"I think cutting Jalil Brown might've been a mistake.

He struggled in pass coverage, but I genuinely believe he is the best ST coverage player in the league. It was amazing how he was always in position to make a play on the ball or the returner."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/1/4683116/chiefs-roster-cuts-devon-wylie-jalil-brown-chad-hall-waiver-wire

Now on kick coverage we can have Sergio Brown on one side and Jalil Brown on the other.

Taking the place that Lefeged had....and...Brazill plays pretty well on ST as well.

He (Brazill) may have some 'receiving ' to do however...... :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!

With the nagging injuries a safe pick up!!

Guest TeamLoloJones

Now on kick coverage we can have Sergio Brown on one side and Jalil Brown on the other.

And Donald Brown as the punt protector.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Good point....Butler was headed out of the league before we signed him....and he has not done too much for us has he?  HMMMM :)

Don't forget Howell.  Undrafted FA signed off Buffalo's practice squad.  He looks like he's good enough to be a starting safety on most NFL teams.

Good point....Butler was headed out of the league before we signed him....and he has not done too much for us has he?  HMMMM :)

Davis was an immature headcase who got by on his physical tools, too (at least, that's what I kept hearing when we traded for him).

Seriously, Pagano is a brilliant secondary coach.  His first year coaching in the NFL, in 2001, he was the Browns' secondary coach, and they had 33 interceptions.  The only seasons a Pagano-coached NFL team has had a defensive passer rating higher than 80 were in 2005, in his first season with the Raiders, when it was around 90, and dropped to 74 in his second season, and 2012, for obvious reasons. In 2008 he turned a Ravens team that had and 87.6 DPR the season before into the best in the league, barely over 60 DPR.  We are the 4th NFL team where he's come in and turned the secondary into a strength.  Our head coach is also the best secondary coach in the NFL.

Don't forget Howell.  Undrafted FA signed off Buffalo's practice squad.  He looks like he's good enough to be a starting safety on most NFL teams.

Especially in coverage....he has done a great job I agree totally!  Maybe we can get Sheldon Price on a good path as well on the PS  :thmup:

Davis was an immature headcase who got by on his physical tools, too (at least, that's what I kept hearing when we traded for him).

Seriously, Pagano is a brilliant secondary coach.  His first year coaching in the NFL, in 2001, he was the Browns' secondary coach, and they had 33 interceptions.  The only seasons a Pagano-coached NFL team has had a defensive passer rating higher than 80 were in 2005, in his first season with the Raiders, when it was around 90, and dropped to 74 in his second season, and 2012, for obvious reasons. In 2008 he turned a Ravens team that had and 87.6 DPR the season before into the best in the league, barely over 60 DPR.  We are the 4th NFL team where he's come in and turned the secondary into a strength.  Our head coach is also the best secondary coach in the NFL.

Davis still is a bit aloof after THAT interview after the game....reminded me of Eddie Murphy with that huge smile!!

Ray Anderson and Mike Gillhamer are no slouches either...but Pags knows his defense as well as special teams!! :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

Davis still is a bit aloof after THAT interview after the game....reminded me of Eddie Murphy with that huge smile!!

Oh, the guy is a space cadet, don't get me wrong, but he's had a great attitude and has really improved his game since he got here.