Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name a trade option thread

backshoulderfade

I can't say I would count out the idea of Grigson making a trade. He loves to trade and might see us winning it all this year too and give up a few more picks.

Honestly I am not married to the draft by any means but I don't know who I would want either.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck is a great QB but not close to Rodgers Brady Manning and Drew yet. So I think we should at least give Brazil a shot and then panic if he doesn't cut it. We still have TgoodbyeY and Stonehands DHB hope and pray DHB steps it up and lived up to his first round hype since Reggie is out. Then he will get resigned or go somehwhere else to make big buck!!

We don't have anything to offer anyone for a premier receiver...we just have to make do with what we got. Brady has less and he has the same record as us. Don't see Rodgers crying without his top 2 guys...we need people to step up and make plays. I don't want to mortgage our future on one season. We have been building a good thing here....lets not have a knee jerk reaction and cost this team long term success to go "ALL IN"

Completely agree. Our younger players need to simply step up. That means Hilton, Fleener, Heyward-Bey, and Brazill all need to work extra hard to make up for this huge loss.

We already have lost draft picks next year. No need to mortgage our future unless we can get a steal like our 3rd for Josh Gordon.

Neither one of these guys could even hold Reggie's jock strap.

We're not going to be able to find a replacement for Reggie Wayne.  Period.  We need to look at it as, the guys we have now are our WR corps, and are there any reasonable moves we could make to improve the team at that position.

Completely agree. Our younger players need to simply step up. That means Hilton, Fleener, Heyward-Bey, and Brazill all need to work extra hard to make up for this huge loss.

We already have lost draft picks next year. No need to mortgage our future unless we can get a steal like our 3rd for Josh Gordon.

With Gordon already having tested positive and been suspended. (Means he tested positive twice) That is a big enough red flag I think on him. We've had some key injuries with Ballard, Bradshaw, Allen, and Reggie out....thats a lot to overcome...but we run the right offense and have the right guy leading us...Luck will hold it together.

Guest TeamLoloJones

With Gordon already having tested positive and been suspended. (Means he tested positive twice) That is a big enough red flag I think on him. We've had some key injuries with Ballard, Bradshaw, Allen, and Reggie out....thats a lot to overcome...but we run the right offense and have the right guy leading us...Luck will hold it together.

Well we are in the same position with Brazill and his suspension.

Well we are in the same position with Brazill and his suspension.

You want to trade pics for someone like Brazill?? It would be just great...we could then lose both to suspensions. Thats pretty risky. Can only have so many of those players on the team. I don't mind taking chances on OUR guys but its very hard for me on someone elses. Why are they trying to move him. He is a nice young wr (something they need) that could help them rebuild around if he didn't have some red flags. I will pass.

i dont think Decker will be resigned either.

I guess all Nicks, Maclin and Decker are valid options

I disagree I think Denver will re-sign Decker.  But if they don't he'd be a great FA addition here in Indy in the off season.  

What about Mario Manningham or Anquan Bolden as short stop gap players??  I think both are FA's after this season.

If Grigs could somehow swing a trade for Maclin that would be cool...

My pipedream is Torrey Smith, he is my favorite non-Colt player in the NFL, loved & was moved by his performance after his brothers tragedy last year...

Macklin is out for the year with an ACL. The only trade i could see would be Kenny Britt that wouldn't cost much but idk he has so many red flags.

If Grigs could somehow swing a trade for Maclin that would be cool...

My pipedream is Torrey Smith, he is my favorite non-Colt player in the NFL, loved & was moved by his performance after his brothers tragedy last year...

Well Maclin just tore his ACL in a contract year. Grigs could get him for half a ham sandwich right now if he wanted. haha

I disagree I think Denver will re-sign Decker.  But if they don't he'd be a great FA addition here in Indy in the off season.  

What about Mario Manningham or Anquan Bolden as short stop gap players??  I think both are FA's after this season.

Doesn't anyone whine as much as Eric Decker? Good god, that was annoying. I like his talent, but he also seems to drop a lot of passes.

Here's a short list of current free agent WRs, does anyone on here interest you guys?

Brandon Lloyd

Laurent Robinson

Devery Henderson

Braylon Edwards

Mohamed Massaquoi

Donte’ Stallworth

Steve Breaston

Michael Jenkins

Deion Branch

Early Doucet

Ben Obomanu

Ramses Barden

David Gettis

Anthony Armstrong

Devin Aromashodu

Courtney Roby (KR)

Chad Johnson

Jabar Gaffney

Derek Hagan

Roscoe Parrish (PR)

Patrick Crayton

Jordan Shipley

Greg Camarillo (PR)

Legedu Naanee

Mardy Gilyard (KR)

Michael Clayton

Terrance Copper

Quan Cosby (PR/KR)

Braylon Edwards!!!!

I thought Whalen was cut?

We have to sign him again

Whalen was cut but he cleared waivers and was signed back to the practice squad.

I love this. I really hope they get Blackmon even more than Gordon. Blackmon would be my number 1 target.

Would love to get Blackmon, but I don't understand why the jags would have any interest in letting him go.  Then again I never would have thought the Browns would be willing to part with Richardson though so who knows.  I'm guessing would probably cost a 2nd in the next draft plus a 1st or 2nd in the following draft.  I doubt they'd be willing to let him go for just a 1st in the 2015 draft.

I think that deppends on Mario's knee.

I like Bolder, but we hve been toying with a #2 receiver for too long..avery, DHB. we need someone here for the long so he builds chemistry with Luck. I rater go with someone else.... Honestly, my first option is Jeremy Maclin, though i know people dont think he is that good, i disagree. i think is a younger Reggie wayne and a #1 Receiver to be honest. 

Deppending on Nicks health, id say he'd be my #2 option and Decker #3...but honestly, who would be mad with any of those?

You guys are all living a pipe dream. Were not trading for a big name receiver, we don't have the trade chips unless we start trading away our picks in 2 or 3 yrs. down the road and IMO that would be stupid. Some of the suggestions I've seen are downright ludicrous...Randy Moss???? Really???? Good Lord, that would be dumb!.