Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's post game tweets

chrisfarley

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people should close their colts forum account too.

Freedom of Speech...   Forum members can voice their opinions on Forum as Equally as an Owner of a team is free to tweet..

but yeah,  I kind of agree with both of the above,   :P

Guest TeamLoloJones

Freedom of Speech...   Forum members can voice their opinions on Forum as Equally as an Owner of a team is free to tweet..

If Irsay closes his twitter account...the terrorists win.

Freedom of Speech doesn't exist on a privately owned and operated website  ;). Freedom of Speech only directly applies to publicly-owned venues.

If Irsay (or whomever is directly paying for the server bills) so chooses then any member can no longer post. Now, of course, it's usually in the best interest of the forum to allow dissenting or wacky opinions

I must admit i doidnt read 5 pages of this , just got artiocle via e-mail, and added it as is on post locker room  & tweets given only slght notice

it wasnt the tweets the brought ire to so called anlysts, its the post gamer locker chatter  constantly repeating if u want to wear a horseshoe on helmet u must want 2 of these, rings

Post game locker room

Following the Colts' 39-33 win over the Broncos, owner Jim Irsay tells his team, 'Anyone who doesn't want more than one of these shouldn't wear a horseshoe because that's what it's about.'

To play for Colts you have to want more than 1 Super Bowl

Inside the NFL panel questioned the owner's decision to kick that dead horse one last time.

Dan Marino: "My opinion, no (Irsay shouldn't have made the postgame comments). There is no reason for that. I mean, they won the ballgame. As an owner, you have to feel pretty darn lucky to have Peyton Manning for 14 years and win a ring. There are a lot of guys who have played in the NFL and have been great players including me, I feel like I was a good player, and I don't have a ring. So I don't think you go there at all."

Cris Collinsworth: "You know, why go back? I mean go back in the locker room when they turn off the cameras and go, 'Like I said guys, I love Peyton Manning but it's about the ring!' You know, and use it to fire them up. But I wouldn't do it on camera, no."

Phil Simms: "Let it go. Never say the word. Don't talk about Super Bowl rings. Don't bring up Peyton's name, the other quarterback. Let it go."

In case you're just back from Mars and missed the backstory, here's the short version: In the days leading up to the Peyton Returns to Indy! Bowl, Irsay made some questionable comments about Manning, and in the process insinuated that former coach Tony Dungy and team president Bill Polian failed to live up to expectations.

That led to a whole thing, one Manning steered clear of, while everyone else took up his cause. Former Colts coach Tony Dungy even suggested that Irsay was trying to provoke Manning, a theory we shot down because, as we wrote Sunday morning, "This is like Irsay trying to distract a bear by poking it with a branding iron. Instead of confusing the bear, Irsay instead made the bear lose its mind and is promptly the victim of a vicious attack -- at his own doing."

By Monday morning, Irsay was enjoying some some post-victory Tweetenfraude.

Through seven weeks there's no denying that the Colts are one of the best teams in the NFL. .

I do pray for you unhappy, EXPLICIT WORD ( see link ) -slingers...who wants to live on a planet with those who don't like themselves..we want happy,kind people:)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24128708/jim-irsay-to-play-for-colts-you-have-to-want-more-than-1-super-bowl

ran out of likes

sometimes i like them buit sometimes he should know when to count a victory & stop

Thank you Barry for posting these comments, especially from Dan Marino & Phil Simms, 2 HOF QBs that I revere. Their words carry considerable weight. Yes, an owner has the freedom to say whatever he wants, but taking the high road is always the best move to play in a media frenzy chess match. There are a lot of QBs & teams who will never experience the sweet taste of Lombardi Greatness in their own lifetime. Multiple SB rings is always the goal sure, but those dreams of winning more than 1 World Championship do not always materialize in front of you & come to fruition automatically. 

Just because you can say something; It doesn't mean you always should Jim. Let the game result speak for itself. JMO. 

I must admit i doidnt read 5 pages of this , just got artiocle via e-mail, and added it as is on post locker room & tweets given only slght notice

it wasnt the tweets the brought ire to so called anlysts, its the post gamer locker chatter constantly repeating if u want to wear a horseshoe on helmet u must want 2 of these, rings

Post game locker room

Following the Colts' 39-33 win over the Broncos, owner Jim Irsay tells his team, 'Anyone who doesn't want more than one of these shouldn't wear a horseshoe because that's what it's about.'

To play for Colts you have to want more than 1 Super Bowl

Inside the NFL panel questioned the owner's decision to kick that dead horse one last time.

Dan Marino: "My opinion, no (Irsay shouldn't have made the postgame comments). There is no reason for that. I mean, they won the ballgame. As an owner, you have to feel pretty darn lucky to have Peyton Manning for 14 years and win a ring. There are a lot of guys who have played in the NFL and have been great players including me, I feel like I was a good player, and I don't have a ring. So I don't think you go there at all."

Cris Collinsworth: "You know, why go back? I mean go back in the locker room when they turn off the cameras and go, 'Like I said guys, I love Peyton Manning but it's about the ring!' You know, and use it to fire them up. But I wouldn't do it on camera, no."

Phil Simms: "Let it go. Never say the word. Don't talk about Super Bowl rings. Don't bring up Peyton's name, the other quarterback. Let it go."

In case you're just back from Mars and missed the backstory, here's the short version: In the days leading up to the Peyton Returns to Indy! Bowl, Irsay made some questionable comments about Manning, and in the process insinuated that former coach Tony Dungy and team president Bill Polian failed to live up to expectations.

That led to a whole thing, one Manning steered clear of, while everyone else took up his cause. Former Colts coach Tony Dungy even suggested that Irsay was trying to provoke Manning, a theory we shot down because, as we wrote Sunday morning, "This is like Irsay trying to distract a bear by poking it with a branding iron. Instead of confusing the bear, Irsay instead made the bear lose its mind and is promptly the victim of a vicious attack -- at his own doing."

By Monday morning, Irsay was enjoying some some post-victory Tweetenfraude.

Through seven weeks there's no denying that the Colts are one of the best teams in the NFL. .

Jim Irsay @JimIrsay

I do pray for you unhappy, EXPLICIT WORD ( see link ) -slingers...who wants to live on a planet with those who don't like themselves..we want happy,kind people:)

3:44 AM - 21 Oct 2013

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24128708/jim-irsay-to-play-for-colts-you-have-to-want-more-than-1-super-bowl

ran out of likes

sometimes i like them buit sometimes he should know when to count a victory & stop

I'm starting to agree with the posters who said Irsay doesn't really care. It's apparent he will listen to no PR advice from the media, or anybody. Obviously, he has a right to say whatever he wants, but if you're going to go down that road, don't complain when the press comes down on you like a ton of bricks. I also believe he's come out of his shell, and wants attention , and will now be a very hands on owner.

As long as he can back up his boasts and tweets and ring- swagger, all will be well. It could get ugly if something goes wrong, and he's one and done in the playoffs. Then he will have his --- in a ring-er!

Thank you Barry for posting these comments, especially from Dan Marino & Phil Simms, 2 HOF QBs that I revere. Their words carry considerable weight. Yes, an owner has the freedom to say whatever he wants, but taking the high road is always the best move to play in a media frenzy chess match. There are a lot of QBs & teams who will never experience the sweet taste of Lombardi Greatness in their own lifetime. Multiple SB rings is always the goal sure, but those dreams of winning more than 1 World Championship do not always materialize in front of you & come to fruition automatically. 

Just because you can say something; It doesn't mean you always should Jim. Let the game result speak for itself. JMO. 

I'm starting to agree with the posters who said Irsay doesn't really care. It's apparent he will listen to no PR advice from the media, or anybody. Obviously, he has a right to say whatever he wants, but if you're going to go down that road, don't complain when the press comes down on you like a ton of bricks. I also believe he's come out of his shell, and wants attention , and will now be a very hands on owner.

As long as he can back up his boasts and tweets and ring- swagger, all will be well. It could get ugly if something goes wrong, and he's one and done in the playoffs. Then he will have his --- in a ring-er!

he will keep going when gets credit like this in Video Debate , also they say taking focus off luck, opening dome on cold night , all the peyton in spotlight talk etc etc etc, pre game stuff tribute  , making it a playoff atmosphere and getting his team psyched up

few videos one after another, Peyton came in tired  as a result of it all before the game etc etc 

Was Jim Irsay The MVP For The Colts?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9860526

The reality is Irsay is making the Colts are very unlikeable team which is a shame as Pagano, Luck, etc are great for the game  and say and do the right things but it only takes one blow hard owner to ruin it all.

I wouldn't say that Mr. Irsay is making the team unlikable amfootball, but I would agree with you that some impulsive comments not well thought out could easily bring unnecessary heat on the Colts to perform at an elite level before they are actually ready to take that next Playoff leap forward. 

I get the jist of what you are saying my friend & I agree with you actually. I just would phrase your argument with a slight difference: Mr. Irsay's words could create undue pressure on a promising young team that can't afford to be derailed by comments that may appear by other franchises to be gloating about premature greatness that this team & regime has not achieved yet.

Keep the enthusiasm Jim just be more measured & humble in your game day interpretations that's all SW1 is saying. 

Sure, winning always makes people hate you. Comes with the territory. But when the Pats went on their 3 SB run they were one of the most beloved stories nationally. They carried themselves as a unified group with Kraft touting team accomplishments over individual ones. Over time they became more hated because they kept winning and spygate of course, etc... 

I think the difference here is Irsay is becoming a caricature separate from the team. It is almost like he is off in is own little twitter world oblivious to how his actions/words effect the overall perception of the team and the city. And like I said, the Colts outside of him are very likeable but it is hard to get past him.

Sorry. my memory doesn't go back that far.....

Living of scraps of the past is kind of tiresome. It really really is.

People knocking Irsay are clutching at straws.

he will keep going when gets credit like this in Video Debate , also they say taking focus off luck, opening dome on cold night , all the peyton in spotlight talk etc etc etc, pre game stuff tribute  , making it a playoff atmosphere and getting his team psyched up

few videos one after another, Peyton came in tired  as a result of it all before the game etc etc 

Was Jim Irsay The MVP For The Colts?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9860526

An interesting link there Barry. Thanks for sharing it. My interpretation of it? Those 2 ESPN analysts are crazy fools. Why? Did Jim Irsay suit up for game action on the field? No. Did he practice all week? No. Is Andrew Luck a delicate flower who can't deal with intense media scrutiny & pressure? No, he got us to the Playoffs in his rookie campaign. Has Peyton ever won in LOS with an open dome? Hades yes. That commentary on their part is so lame it's hilarious.  :lol:

Oh yes, Peyton Manning losing to the Colts by 6 points proves that cold temperatures are Yoda's achilles heel...Please stop wasting my time with this steaming pile of crap that passes for legitimate sports journalism...LOL! [Not against you Barry. Just these 2 ESPN commentators who can't grasp the fact that if RB Hillman hadn't fumbled near the endzone it would have been a tight football game.]

And Jim Irsay is not responsible for getting Richardson here Grigs is there genius. And what front office advocates for a RB that is a better blocker than runner? Sigh...

I will concede that Jim signs the check to get Richardson here but he also pays his GM Grigs to tell him which RB to go after once Bradshaw went down for the year.

Pat McAfee said the team is totally on board with Jim's comments..   He also said Irsay "took the pressure off of us"   and made the game more a Peyton vs Irsay situation.  

Patty Mc  said it worked.    And it did ...     national media was all over Denver that week.. Indy?   Around game day.

Irsay may be a little smarter than I even give him credit for.   

Like DD said today.. if the team is "buying in" to his comments then ...  there is NO ISSUE. 

And there is NOT.    Jim is just proud of his team.       But I really wish he would shut up.

An interesting link there Barry. Thanks for sharing it. My interpretation of it? Those 2 ESPN analysts are crazy fools. Why? Did Jim Irsay suit up for game action on the field? No. Did he practice all week? No. Is Andrew Luck a delicate flower who can't deal with intense media scrutiny & pressure? No, he got us to the Playoffs in his rookie campaign. Has Peyton ever won in LOS with an open dome? Hades yes. That commentary on their part is so lame it's hilarious.  :lol:

Oh yes, Peyton Manning losing to the Colts by 6 points proves that cold temperatures are Yoda's achilles heel...Please stop wasting my time with this steaming pile of crap that passes for legitimate sports journalism...LOL! [Not against you Barry. Just these 2 ESPN commentators who can't grasp the fact that if RB Hillman hadn't fumbled near the endzone it would have been a tight football game.]

And Jim Irsay is not responsible for getting Richardson here Grigs is there genius. And what front office advocates for a RB that is a better blocker than runner? Sigh...

I will concede that Jim signs the check to get Richardson here but he also pays his GM Grigs to tell him which RB to go after once Bradshaw went down for the year.

am leaving, just caught the response, ijn 2nd video they say Irsay had and peyton admitted to being so tired just from walking in and all the crap that week that will make it easier if he has to go back to lucas for playoffs

guess they thoughtb the suprise of dome & window open would shock him, love so called analysts , we should get paid , not tyhem

But he has to stay healthy, he practiced i heard today but OG kuper cant that would mean Vasquez back at LG and winston Justice at RT most l;ikely for kerrigan and orapko, thats fine if he can push off ankle and gets any time at aall  , if not and pressured fast could be trouble, who knows they have a OG moffit too, i jhave no idea what this once great OL was  is coming to, thats what happens when u have  3 players coming off surgeies or is it 4 not sure if RT Franklin had toe surgery , but think did

BYE for today  so dont expect an injury report, all i know is cousin e0-mailed Peyton practiced and kuper cant

I was giving the link not in agreement , but saying if Irsay gets press like this expect alot more from him

Pat McAfee said the team is totally on board with Jim's comments..   He also said Irsay "took the pressure off of us"   and made the game more a Peyton vs Irsay situation.  

Patty Mc  said it worked.    And it did ...     national media was all over Denver that week.. Indy?   Around game day.

Like DD said today.. if the team is "buying in" to his comments then ...  there is NO ISSUE. 

And there is NOT.    Jim is just proud of his team.       But I really wish he would shut up.

apparently I've been too active liking posts & posting my own nonsense today, but I went & ran out of likes...

0922_p270-james-irsay_398.jpg

who can get mad at this guy???

seriously...

Cute...I feel all peace & love nostalgic like a Crosby, Stills, & Nash song is about to be sung.  Only teasing Jim & Buck! SW1 couldn't resist that joke.  :P  :yahoo:

Teach Your Children:

"You who are on the road

Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

And you, of tender years,
Can't know the fears that your elders grew by,
And so please help them with your youth,
They seek the truth before they can die.

Counter Melody To Above Verse:
Can you hear and do you care and 
Cant you see we must be free to
Teach your children what you believe in.
Make a world that we can live in.

Teach your parents well,
Their children's hell will slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you. 

Jim is just proud of his team.       But I really wish he would shut up.

guess they thought the suprise of dome & window open would shock him, love so called analysts , we should get paid , not them

Exactly JD & Barry! Exactly. I love Jim, but sometimes I feel like that Sesame Street Children's Character who just slams his head against the piano keys when he gets frustrated...

Hey Gramz, that Sesame Street piano guy skit above makes me wonder if the piano guy didn't work on the "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heartclub Band" Album or the "Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds" Beatles track. LOL!

Okay, SW1 will drop the comedy antics now. I promise. Jim will always be Jim. I get it...

Sure, winning always makes people hate you. Comes with the territory. But when the Pats went on their 3 SB run they were one of the most beloved stories nationally. They carried themselves as a unified group with Kraft touting team accomplishments over individual ones. Over time they became more hated because they kept winning and spygate of course, etc...

I think the difference here is Irsay is becoming a caricature separate from the team. It is almost like he is off in is own little twitter world oblivious to how his actions/words effect the overall perception of the team and the city. And like I said, the Colts outside of him are very likeable but it is hard to get past him.

Outside of the media jumping on Irsay's tweets, my sense is the only people who notice Jim Irsay are Colts fans, Indianapolis residents and bitter Baltimoreans. I doubt the rest of the world cares. Even with his Twitter rantings, Irsay lacks the profile of a Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder or Robert Kraft.

Outside of the media jumping on Irsay's tweets, my sense is the only people who notice Jim Irsay are Colts fans, Indianapolis residents and bitter Baltimoreans. I doubt the rest of the world cares. Even with his Twitter rantings, Irsay lacks the profile of a Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder or Robert Kraft.

I think you may be mistaken....    I live in Ohio,  went to the Gym yesterday,   and the talk I was "overhearing"  was all about The Crazy Colts Owner...   haha

(and this was from people who don't necessarily follow football).  

However, I guess in this instance, it was  because it was all over the news and in the paper.   :dunno:

Thank god he isn't any of those nitwits

I think you may be mistaken.... I live in Ohio, went to the Gym yesterday, and the talk I was "overhearing" was all about The Crazy Colts Owner... haha

However, I guess in this instance, it was because it was all over the news and in the paper. :dunno:

The Denver game isn't yet in everyone's rear view mirror.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think you may be mistaken....    I live in Ohio,  went to the Gym yesterday,   and the talk I was "overhearing"  was all about The Crazy Colts Owner...   haha

However, I guess in this instance, it was  because it was all over the news and in the paper.   :dunno:

They should be talking about the Browns owner who is being investigated vs. our owner who just likes to tweet.

In Virginia no one is talking about it. Outside of me I don't think anybody within 100 miles talks about the Colts.

Indy fans could care less....  it is the Mike and Mike PC world that starts the fire.

Heck, Indy fans want a winner...    bottom line. 

National media?   They have to have something to talk about....     

No biggie... 

I don't know, he was on almost every media outlet, which is what he wanted. When you keep posting pictures with blue Mohawks , and flashing your rings, you desperately want attention. He's getting it, and then complaining about it. As far as bitter Baltimoreans, it appears he is the one bitter about Baltimore's two Super Bowls, and throwing blame around about why he doesn't have two on his finger. If he keeps going, his profile will rise to match the other owners you mention.

Luck is to Skip Bayless as Irsay is to Mike Wilbon. Even today Wilbon was going nuts ranting about Irsay, even saying something about Irsay claiming credit for Johnny U. I have no idea what point he was making with that comment. I normally like Wilbon but he needs to ease off Irsay a bit. 

Oh my. You do realize that the Colts drafted not only the number one overall pick last year but also the QB that was most touted to be great which drew comparisons to Elway. To think your team/owner is flying under the radar with Mr. Luck at the helm is naive indeed. 

Luck is to Skip Bayless as Irsay is to Mike Wilbon. Even today Wilbon was going nuts ranting about Irsay, even saying something about Irsay claiming credit for Johnny U. I have no idea what point he was making with that comment. I normally like Wilbon but he needs to ease off Irsay a bit.

Wilbon has turned into a obnoxious blowhard

Well in my opinion what was the team or Pat McAfee supposed to say other than they were on board with what Irsay was tweeting he is the  BOSS  and signs the pay checks.  Smart move the team has  Irsay's   back.  :funny:

I also wish he would shut up. Just let the team do the talking by their play on the field. :thmup:

Oh my. You do realize that the Colts drafted not only the number one overall pick last year but also the QB that was most touted to be great which drew comparisons to Elway. To think your team/owner is flying under the radar with Mr. Luck at the helm is naive indeed. 

Nobody would've cared, the media would've ignored us, if not for the winning. Irsay hired the 2012 GM of the year, Grigson. Irsay hired Pagano and made a number of terrific franchise decisions that have resulted in a great deal of winning. 

We've added so many great coaches and great players, regardless of Luck. Were it not for a number of terrific decisions by Irsay, Luck would be Bradford or Stafford. Nobody would care to report on us. 

Oh my. You do realize that the Colts drafted not only the number one overall pick last year but also the QB that was most touted to be great which drew comparisons to Elway. To think your team/owner is flying under the radar with Mr. Luck at the helm is naive indeed.

I didn't say the Colts are flying under the radar. I'd bet a majority of NFL fans can't name the Colts owner, however, even with the recent publicity.

Well in my opinion what was the team or Pat McAfee supposed to say other than they were on board with what Irsay was tweeting he is the  BOSS  and signs the pay checks.  Smart move the team has  Irsay's   back.  :funny:

I also wish he would shut up. Just let the team do the talking by their play on the field. :thmup:

Yes, it was terrible when he said:

They didn't put a well balanced team around Manning

He wants to win multiple championships

The media can stick it up their backside

It's strange to me that Irsay said the same things about the previous era multiple times locally and nobody on this forum, nor anyone in the media took it as a shot at Peyton Manning. It wasn't until the national goobers got a hold of it that it suddenly became a bug deal.

Yes, it was terrible when he said:

They didn't put a well balanced team around Manning

He wants to win multiple championships

The media can stick it up their backside

It's strange to me that Irsay said the same things about the previous era multiple times locally and nobody on this forum, nor anyone in the media took it as a shot at Peyton Manning. It wasn't until the national goobers got a hold of it that it suddenly became a bug deal.

It's one of those "I can trash talk my team, but you can't trash talk my team" situations.

Please Mr. Irsay,

Keep right on playing with your heart out there to view, giving your all, whether it be with your support, your gifts, your contracts, or your community strength. Above all, you have never wavered from the Colts...and what the horseshoe means...from being your number one priority. Your transparency and your willingness to stay real to yourself, regardless of the criticism that you know is going to come, is one of the coolest things about being a Colts fan. 

Please never falter and do not give in to the pressure of those fans who want you to fit a mold that makes you more acceptable to their profile of an owner. You are rare, cool, and a pioneer of sorts. Someday you will pass the torch to your daughters, and I can only hope that they embody your passion. Somehow...I know they will.

Please Mr. Irsay,

Keep right on playing with your heart out there to view, giving your all, whether it be with your support, your gifts, your contracts, or your community strength. Above all, you have never wavered from the Colts...and what the horseshoe means...from being your number one priority. Your transparency and your willingness to stay real to yourself, regardless of the criticism that you know is going to come, is one of the coolest things about being a Colts fan.

Please never falter and do not give in to the pressure of those fans who want you to fit a mold that makes you more acceptable to their profile of an owner. You are rare, cool, and a pioneer of sorts. Someday you will pass the torch to your daughters, and I can only hope that they embody your passion. Somehow...I know they will.

Co-signed.

Irsay is crazy like a Fox.   Those tweets kept the attention off our players and allowed them to focus on their task.    I'm upset about the silence this close to the trading deadline.  I'm ready to hear about a new whopper so we can start a 30 page thread of speculation.

I didn't say the Colts are flying under the radar. I'd bet a majority of NFL fans can't name the Colts owner, however, even with the recent publicity.

Wow. You really believe that? Irsay has been all over the media/twitter since 2011. I doubt if even fringe NFL fans would not know who he is.