Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie's injury [Merge]

House

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Reggie walked out of the locker room on his own, I feel that as a good sign, I would think if they thought it was a torn ACL they would give him crutches or send someone with him or something like that

That's the thing they didn't say he walked out on his own, they just said he walked by.  They didn't say if he had help or was on crutches or anything.  Rich Nye right before that said not to end things on a downer but Reggie went down tonight and we all await word on how bad it is.  He didn't seem so confident that Reggie was fine.

Like I said before we are all reading into stuff right now.  Best we can do is hope we get good news from the MRI.  Hopefully we do. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Maybe we will see a little bit of Da'Rick Rogers, most likely not, but maybe they bring him up to be the #4 receiver. Is Nate Palmer still on the team?

Palmer is gone...Brazill will get a lot of action if Reggie misses time.

Hakeem Nicks anyone?

The rumors have been the Giants are shopping him, possibly would take a 2nd or 3rd round for him.

He's a 25 year old stud WR with championship experience and some of the best hands in the league.

Could be a potential successor for Reggie.

That's the thing they didn't say he walked out on his own, they just said he walked by. They didn't say if he had help or was on crutches or anything. Rich Nye right before that said not to end things on a downer but Reggie went down tonight and we all await word on how bad it is. He didn't seem so confident that Reggie was fine.

Like I said before we are all reading into stuff right now. Best we can do is hope we get good news from the MRI. Hopefully we do.

I would think if the news people saw him on crutches someone would of said something.

Hakeem Nicks anyone?

The rumors have been the Giants are shopping him, possibly would take a 2nd or 3rd round for him.

He's a 25 year old stud WR with championship experience and some of the best hands in the league.

I'd hate to trade away both our first and second round picks in the same draft.  Also Nicks is like the anti-Reggie in terms of getting hurt. 

I would think if the news people saw him on crutches someone would of said something.

Who knows but you can also walk if something is torn in your knee.  Rivers played a playoff game when he tore something in his knee.  Edge tore his ACL and walked off the field and practiced for two weeks on it.  So the fact that Reggie is walking doesn't mean a whole lot.  Like I keep saying the best thing we can do is wait and see what the MRI says because all we are doing is reading into stuff that may or may not mean much of anything.  Here's hoping Reggie is fine. 

If it was serious the team would have gotten together, and carried the man out on their shoulders if they had to do so.

I think he is probably exhausted to be honest and possibly was reacting in some frustration as well as getting hurt. It's been a grueling week for everyone. They ache, they are tired and they just flat out want to go home and sleep. And also they probably all physically hurt right now.

The circus week is over.

Hakeem Nicks anyone?

No more trades. I think we see what Brazill has, and maybe bring in a practice squad player... or sign someone new.

I think he is probably exhausted to be honest and possibly was reacting in some frustration as well as getting hurt. It's been a grueling week for everyone. They ache, they are tired and they just flat out want to go home and sleep. And also they probably all physically hurt right now.

The circus week is over.

Yep I am so glad we have the bye this week, I think our guys not only need to get healthy physically but also need the mental break after this week. 

I'd hate to trade away both our first and second round picks in the same draft.  Also Nicks is like the anti-Reggie in terms of getting hurt. 

I agree he's had an injury bug issue. However, this season is lost without Reggie.

We cannot count Heyward Bey and Fleener to make the key catches. Theres a reason Luck looks for Reggie more and targets him the most.

We've already lost our starting TE for the year, losing Reggie would be even a bigger hit.

Maybe we can give them a player back.

I agree he's had an injury bug issue. However, this season is lost without Reggie.

We cannot count Heyward Bey and Fleener to make the key catches. Theres a reason Luck looks for Reggie more and targets him the most.

We've already lost our starting TE for the year, losing Reggie would be even a bigger hit.

Maybe we can give them a player back.

That's what injuries do to you sometimes, you can't always go out and make a big trade and trade away all your picks because you are giving up the future for one season.  For a team that has a very bright future in front of them that's a bit foolish.  Honestly a lot of people think Hilton could be a number one guy, well here is his chance to prove it.  Next man up and find out if Brazil can play or not.  Someone's injury is someone else's opportunity.  With that said we don't know exactly how bad Reggie is hurt yet so let's wait on that. 

a guy on the PS isn't going to become the number one WR in his first game.  If he was that good he would be on the active roster and not on the PS. 

He won't start the first game but he's the only WR on the team other then DHB that can play on the outside. Brazil and Hilton are slot WR's, i wouldn't be surprised to see Rogers gets some snaps as the Z WR.

That's what injuries do to you sometimes, you can't always go out and make a big trade and trade away all your picks because you are giving up the future for one season.  For a team that has a very bright future in front of them that's a bit foolish.  Honestly a lot of people think Hilton could be a number one guy, well here is his chance to prove it.  Next man up and find out if Brazil can play or not.  Someone's injury is someone else's opportunity.  With that said we don't know exactly how bad Reggie is hurt yet so let's wait on that. 

Hopefully hes fine and after the bye week hes ready to go.

I dont know how close its getting to the trade deadline either.

I think TY could be a #1, atleast for this season but for that the coaching staff actually has to utilize him. He went from a clear #2 in this offense to almost an afterthought. I dont think hes done anything to get demoted but its happened. I agree Heyward Bey is more valuable in this offense because of his run blocking abilities and his speed but Hilton has better hands, better agility IMO and a bit faster also.

He won't start the first game but he's the only WR on the team other then DHB that can play on the outside. Brazil and Hilton are slot WR's, i wouldn't be surprised to see Rogers gets some snaps as the Z WR.

Brazil was playing outside tonight after Wayne went down and played out there some last year.  He can do it if he has too.  So can Hilton too if he has too.  I am sure either Rogers or Whalen will get a look if Reggie's injury costs him time though.  Like I said before one man's injury is another man's opportunity and it might be Rodgers opportunity. 

Hopefully hes fine and after the bye week hes ready to go.

I dont know how close its getting to the trade deadline either.

I think TY could be a #1, atleast for this season but for that the coaching staff actually has to utilize him. He went from a clear #2 in this offense to almost an afterthought. I dont think hes done anything to get demoted but its happened. I agree Heyward Bey is more valuable in this offense because of his run blocking abilities and his speed but Hilton has better hands, better agility IMO and a bit faster also.

I was gong to say people wont like it but from what I saw tonight if Reggie is down for any time at all I think DHB is going to be the number one guy.  He took over that role tonight after Reggie went down and is a former number one draft pick.  Chance for him to prove he was worth a first round draft pick and that the Raiders made a mistake letting him go.  The problem is with guys who drops passes is that a lot of time it gets in their heads and once they have one game where they have drops it can spiral quickly into more games.  Hopefully the bye week let's DHB forget about the drops he has had the past two weeks and get back to playing well like he was at the start of the season.  We are going to need him regardless of Reggie's status. 

Wow! Sam Bradford?

I feel so sad about Reggie, I hope it's not season ending and just a knee sprain since he didn't necessarily step the wrong way but just stretched and twisted too much to go for the ball.

Looked like his foot got caught in the turf too, that can lead to nasty things. 

Again, we wouldn't have won without Andrew who went toe-to-toe with maybe the best QB of all-time but Luck was pretty wild there late in the game.  I think for the first time since he's been here pressure got to him a little bit. 

Looked like his foot got caught in the turf too, that can lead to nasty things. 

Again, we wouldn't have won without Andrew who went toe-to-toe with maybe the best QB of all-time but Luck was pretty wild there late in the game.  I think for the first time since he's been here pressure got to him a little bit. 

I don't blame him. And I bet Luck has several amazing games soon when the spot light is off.

He did fine tonight and helped win the game. And the pressure on a guy who just turned 24 years old a month ago to live up to Peyton Manning expectations is pretty tough no matter what anyone says.

He's a good guy.

He already has wins against Manning and Rodgers. Someday maybe we will get that Brady guy. ;)

I don't blame him. And I bet Luck has several amazing games soon when the spot light is off.

He did fine tonight and helped win the game. And the pressure on a guy who just turned 24 years old a month ago to live up to Peyton Manning expectations is pretty tough no matter what anyone says.

He's a good guy.

He already has wins against Manning and Rodgers. Someday maybe we will get that Brady guy. ;)

Yep he went toe-to-toe with Manning and out played him for the first three and half quarters.  Not too bad for a second year kid. 

He had good stability walking off, I would not think ACL for that reason and am hopeful it is not. I hope he heals well and quick. What an odd injury, he usually dives forward on a catch like that, but I think he really wanted to try to catch and run since he was so open! Darn it! He was blocking like a crazy man last night too! Get better Reggie!