Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver @ Indianapolis - Who Are You Rooting For?

bavanlan

Denver @ Indianapolis  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for to win?

• Colts - I'm a Colts Fan
    • Broncos - I'm a Manning/Broncos Fan
    • Neither - I'm Not a Fan of Either Team

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I admire Peyton Manning. I'm a Colts fan first and I wanna see the Colts win even if it was Peyton who made me a Football and Colts fan. 

same here! but i'm actually surprised by myself how emotionally detached from peyton i got since he left.. 

the only thing i'm not sure about this sunday is to wear my manning jersey or not  :scratch: 

... but i'm actually surprised by myself how emotionally detached from peyton i got since he left.. 

Me too. But I think it has a lot to do with Andrew Luck who is a great young guy that made the transition for most fans pretty easy. We are very lucky to replace a legend franchise quaterback with another one. 

Can't wait to see Peyton get destroyed in the house he built. Polian was smart going after Luck instead of keeping a perennial playoff choker. Just my 2 cents.

Well your :2c: isn't to informative because if I remember correctly Polian was let got before the draft. If my dates are wrong I'm sure I will be corrected. :)

Well said.

Last time Pats won a SB. Was it way back in 2004 and was it during spy gate era?. Ouch.

And one of the SB is a Tuck rule which is bogus and doesnt even exist anymore.

I would like to check Brady's playoff after 2004. Lets see who is the choker.

Very well said couldn't have said it better myself. :thmup:

same here! but i'm actually surprised by myself how emotionally detached from peyton i got since he left.. 

the only thing i'm not sure about this sunday is to wear my manning jersey or not  :scratch: 

I've thought about the Manning vs. Luck jersey thing as my wife and I are going.

My buddy summed it up like this,"Luck is your guy now".

I'm wearing my AL12 jersey!

Poll says it all.

if u r a colt fan u wish Manning a good game, u wish luck a better and a win, simple

U wish no one gets hurt, u feel like Peytons parents watching a manning bowl and cringing when either qb gets hit

as for who wins, no prediction, both capable of beating on other 

However

Game may come down to who is hurt, what team active rosters look like, and as we have seen this week from both teams , can drops and other sloppy play be reversed, whomever corrects mistakes and takes advantage of  the others mistakes is the winner

Mike & MIke in Morning saying emotion will be overwhelming for Peyton and hard to overcome, if anyone can turn it off he can , but he needs to get off to a good start to do that

Well, this game is interesting for me. I want the Colts to win, and will root for them. However, if the Broncos end up winning I won't be that upset, I suppose.

Also, I like the topic. Get everyone's take in this! It's up to us not to ruin it with bickering

I have had my hotel reservation since, April 18, @8:22 p.m.  which was about 10 min after I learned the Colts schedule.  I knew this was one game on the schedule that I was NOT going to miss.

I didn't take your poll, because Quite Frankly,  there was not an option that I felt comfortable clicking on.

Many have challenged my fandom,  I myself have even challenged it at times.   I am as honest as the day is long, and the truth here, is  I honestly don't know how I am going to feel at the game.   I have always rooted for the Colts, and can't see myself cheering against them, but I have also always cheered for Peyton,  and I know I  don't  have it in me to ever cheer against him.  

If that makes me a bad person in anyone's  eyes, then so be it.    

You should be a Broncos fan then... I have a problem with people who elevate one player over the team. Players come and go, but I'll be a Colts fan until the end.

And that's fine for you, but you have no right to tell anyone else how they should enjoy the game.  At the beginning of the season I honestly thought I would be rooting for Peyton, but now that we're a week away from the game, I can honestly say I think I'll be rooting for the Colts.  I have no desire to see Peyton get destroyed and I don't see him as the enemy as many do, and if they happen to win I won't be nearly as disappointed as I was in the losses to the Chargers and the Dolphins.  And IF the Broncos should happen to win then I hope it's on the arm of Peyton only, and not due to great special teams or defensive play on their part.  Should be one heck of a game.  :td:

This team would be in so much trouble if we kept him... and he would have been killed in some game with the way the o-line plays at time. Andrew Luck will be here for a long time, and is wise beyond his years.

That discussion has been had many times before.  Peyton has played behind OL as bad as last years if not worse.  See  2010.

I'm a huge fan of Tolkien.

As far as the team goes. I was a fan when we had quarterbacks like Jeff George and Jack Trudeau. Then years with guys like Jim Harbaugh, Don Majkowski, and Paul Justin.. We followed them up with Peyton and this Andrew Luck kid... and with a little luck of my own will be here after he leaves.

You are with a team through good and bad.

I agree with you bro, and honestly if I'd been a Colts fan or NFL fan before Manning I'd be voting the other way... Not that it counts but I'm still loyal to TN Vols and trust me its been bad for a couple years lol... As fans seeing how much this game bothers us, I can't imagine how it's bothering people even closer... Manning, Jim, think about it maybe even Wayne... Mathis is probably looking forward to it and Angler... Don't think there's much left from the colts that played with Manning (Brown)... Here's to hoping for a great game, one free of injuries and fun to watch... Unfortunately I feel this game will happen a few more times in next 2 to 4 years but the first one will be most emotional

im sorry if you call yourself a colts fan.  Then this shouldnt even be a question.  

:agree:   that this shouldn't even be a Thread...

Seriously,  the OP knew what he was doing   :stir:

How many other Games this year have  had a thread on here asking which team everyone was rooting for...????

None that I know of

Colts need this game badly...cant have 3 conference losses....in case of tiebrerakers later

Denver does not look like a 16-0 team.. so they might as well lose in Indy....

Which is exactly why I was really hoping they could get the San Diego hump off their back, unfortunately they failed miserably.  This is an extremely difficult game for the Colts.  The only hope we have is that Manning gets too emotional and paranoid about players knowing his playbook too well and he struggles early.  Otherwise I see this being a blow out. 

On a side note, it's very strange to see Patriots fan will be rooting for us to win.  It makes sense, but it just doesn't feel right.

I have had my hotel reservation since, April 18, @8:22 p.m.  which was about 10 min after I learned the Colts schedule.  I knew this was one game on the schedule that I was NOT going to miss.

I didn't take your poll, because Quite Frankly,  there was not an option that I felt comfortable clicking on.

Many have challenged my fandom,  I myself have even challenged it at times.   I am as honest as the day is long, and the truth here, is  I honestly don't know how I am going to feel at the game.   I have always rooted for the Colts, and can't see myself cheering against them, but I have also always cheered for Peyton,  and I know I  don't  have it in me to ever cheer against him.  

If that makes me a bad person in anyone's  eyes, then so be it.    

wont make u a bad person, many a time people are asked similar ?'s on other issues every day in life, the real truth is until the moment arises and each team scores & then 1 wins, well with each score u may feel different and opposing feelings and with final score u may feel different and opposing feelings than expected all at the same time , so root no injuries ,   a classic game, refs no stupid penalties & in the end maybe a Tie ??? will make u feel and many feel best , empty, bewildered , who knows until the end

whatever u r not a bad person

Can't wait to see Peyton get destroyed in the house he built. Polian was smart going after Luck instead of keeping a perennial playoff choker. Just my 2 cents.

because peyton and irsay got together and this is what they both wanted. laughable.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 19, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, October 19, 2013 - inflammatory

this is not even a question. 

If I had to choose between:

A. Colts winning and Manning getting a career ending injury

and

B. Colts lose but Manning goes on to win the Superbowl

I choose A.  

Manning is not a Colt anymore guys.  Did you also want the Chargers to win because they have Freeney??  This is just stupid and embarrassing.

You know what's really disappointing me? This should be fun for us. We should be having fun with this. Instead, arguing like a room full of divorced couples. 

Myself, this will rank as one of the most memorable games I've ever sat on my butt and watched. That's saying a lot considering it hasn't even been played yet. 

Relax, y'all. Let's have fun with this and give that goodbye to our former captain that we were robbed of doing by circumstance. 

You know what's really disappointing me? This should be fun for us. We should be having fun with this. Instead, arguing like a room full of divorced couples. 

Myself, this will rank as one of the most memorable games I've ever sat on my butt and watched. That's saying a lot considering it hasn't even been played yet. 

Relax, y'all. Let's have fun with this and give that goodbye to our former captain that we were robbed of doing by circumstance. 

It could be the combination of dayquil and protein shakes talking, but you may be on to something.

I'm going to be completely honest (No I'm not breaking up with the fourm), this is the type of thing that drives me nuts about being a Colts fan. There are some compelling story lines, but it's frustrating reading the usual run of "Irsay is a drunk, classless, clueless, born with a silver spoon in his mouth ect.", "Peyton was a playoff choker", into this circumstance where"Peyton hates Indy and Irsay and is going to win by 30 points"or "The Colts tanked the 2011 season". Ect. ect. Irsay only paid Manning 150 million dollars for his services, and we as fans had it good and we still do! The media and the hype around this is annoying, and reading people who refuse to recognize the in's and out's of the economics of building a competitive roster are becoming too much for me. I can't change peoples mind, or make them pay attention, but I can not stress my self out about it, because it's not that important. I just like watching the guys in the Horseshoe win. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 19, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, October 19, 2013 - quoted removed post

this is not even a question. 

If I had to choose between:

A. Colts winning and Manning getting a career ending injury

and

B. Colts lose but Manning goes on to win the Superbowl

I choose A.  

Manning is not a Colt anymore guys.  Did you also want the Chargers to win because they have Freeney??  This is just stupid and embarrassing.

No, THAT (the bolded/underlined) is embarrassing.  I would never choose an option that would leave any player with a career ending injury (I take that back, there is one player I wouldn't mind see with a career ending injury), especially for just a single win in a mid-season regular season game.

I will be the first or not first person to admit that I root for Peyton....except against us. I will always root for Peyton because of the man he is and I admire him but againt the Colts I will just root for him to play well but for us to win. Like say the Dallas game where Luck wins it at the end. I feel this will be a hard game on Peyton and I really expect us to win. I can't imagine Peyton is going to perform well in that environment Sunday night...and on top of that Irsay doing the whole honoring him thing...knowing he is a creature of habit and likes his routines...I can't imagine all the emotions Peyton has a perfect 400yd 5 td game...just can't. I just want him to play well but us to win...and come playoffs if we dont win it I want him to.