Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collie came up big

Valpo2004

I actually turned away from the Pats/Saints game after Brady threw the pick with about 2 min left in the 4th quarter, so I missed the big game winning drive.  

But I caught the highlights of it and noticed that Austin Collie came up big for the Pats making 2 big catches on that drive including one to convert on a 4th down.  

I wish him luck, and hope he comes out of it with his brain intact.  

Collie has only been with the team for a week and a half and did not play at all until that final drive and then came up with two huge catches. I didn't realize he is 6'1 which is another tall target for Brady which should help in the red zone.

Collie was asked after the game to compare Brady and Manning and his response was great. He said, "Hey man, I have only been here a week and a half. I barely even know Brady." :)

I always liked Collie and was pretty devastated for him that he had another concussion.  Kudos to him for continuing to play and making plays.  And I don't at all mean to sound pessimistic when I say this or detract him in any way, but I just hope that when the time comes, he calls it quit.  If you asked me, that was after his last concussion, but I'm not him and he's a grown man.  Good luck to him.

Collie has only been with the team for a week and a half and did not play at all until that final drive and then came up with two huge catches. I didn't realize he is 6'1 which is another tall target for Brady which should help in the red zone.

Collie was asked after the game to compare Brady and Manning and his response was great. He said, "Hey man, I have only been here a week and a half. I barely even know Brady." :)

If he stays healthy (which is a big if) do you think he has a good chance of moving up the depth chart a bit.  I know the first game they had after they signed him he was in-active, and this game clearly barely played but came up huge when he did.  

I have to think Brady would have to be pushing for the guy who gets things done to move up the depth chart.  Especially if Amendola is out for some time again.

Collie is that tall? he looks short on the field:)

He also said what struck him was how much Brady and the team prepares. He said it was the detail of preparation that surprised him so being down late was not panic but the preparation they do every Thursday.

And we all know BB's level of detail on preparation- like on plays that might come up once in a blue moon:)

A healthy Collie is by far the best WR in this Patriots.

I think Tompkins is and will continue to be. Good height and speed. Good hands- oh yeah when he catches it :) which honestly is getting so much better in just a couple weeks.

Collie looked a little slow...but he has better than avg. hands and runs good routes...I don't think he will get much separation but if Brady puts it on him...he won't drop those passes others are. Tom is just running out of targets....healthy ones at least.

Collie looked a little slow...but he has better than avg. hands and runs good routes...I don't think he will get much separation but if Brady puts it on him...he won't drop those passes others are. Tom is just running out of targets....healthy ones at least.

True, but having Collie and young or rookie receivers is better than not having Collie and young or rookie receivers. If Brady's hair was still long I wouldn't have been surprised if he had torn it all out by week 3 haha

I'm glad to see he's playing since that's what he wants to do.  I do worry about further concussions and what they may do to him, but he is a grown man.

I do have to say that it hurts my heart to see him in a Patriots uniform, though.   :Cry: 

It feels a lot like seeing Dallas Clark in a Ravens uniform.   :yuk:

*repeats to self*  The NFL is a business...

I actually turned away from the Pats/Saints game after Brady threw the pick with about 2 min left in the 4th quarter, so I missed the big game winning drive.  

But I caught the highlights of it and noticed that Austin Collie came up big for the Pats making 2 big catches on that drive including one to convert on a 4th down.  

I wish him luck, and hope he comes out of it with his brain intact.

Brady's seen enough to know Collie wont drop the ball....under pressure..

but I agree....I dont even know him and I worry about him

Collie's problem was never his talent,  it were those dang head injuries.  Glad to see he's found a home and he's making an impact already.  I wish him the best.

Well...that knee injury is what is slowing him up now. It could just be he was stiff coming off the bench or just unsure of the routes since he was new but he didn't have that same speed getting in and out of his break. Probably why SF let him go since they had need at WR and still cut him. That said if he can just get a sliver of opening for Brady and continues catching balls....he will keep a spot on that team. Its one thing to drop tough balls if you got to fight off defenders or dive or catch long balls but if your dropping simple slant routes...like some of those rookies....that is just uncalled for.

Does Tom Brady lead the league in White Wide Receivers? 

Doesn't matter, but I have to say, it makes it a little hard to tell who caught the ball sometimes, lol... you have to wait until they get up so you can see the jersey number. Even the announcers hesitate a second!

Amendola, Edelman, and Collie all look really similar in a football uni. Even in high-def.  :D

Well...that knee injury is what is slowing him up now. It could just be he was stiff coming off the bench or just unsure of the routes since he was new but he didn't have that same speed getting in and out of his break. Probably why SF let him go since they had need at WR and still cut him. That said if he can just get a sliver of opening for Brady and continues catching balls....he will keep a spot on that team. Its one thing to drop tough balls if you got to fight off defenders or dive or catch long balls but if your dropping simple slant routes...like some of those rookies....that is just uncalled for.

I agree, speed was never his game though. So he'll do just fine in New England.

Its just so funny as we as Colt fans still try to credit our cast offs like Tim Jennings, Collie last week, did you see that one handed Clark catch and on and on but wierd the NE fans on here talk about Welker like he is a cast off and not deserving of any praise.

Its just so funny as we as Colt fans still try to credit our cast offs like Tim Jennings, Collie last week, did you see that one handed Clark catch and on and on but wierd the NE fans on here talk about Welker like he is a cast off and not deserving of any praise.

Your guys didn't leave the way Welker did turning down two contracts and then saying he left because Bill was too tough on him in practice. Not to mention getting suspended for foot jokes prior to a playoff game that got him benched. It was a mix bag for Welker but honestly how much do you want us to praise him when he is playing with Manning and for Denver - one of the most hated rivals of the Pats?

And that catch by Clark was sic.

Doesn't matter, but I have to say, it makes it a little hard to tell who caught the ball sometimes, lol... you have to wait until they get up so you can see the jersey number. Even the announcers hesitate a second!

Amendola, Edelman, and Collie all look really similar in a football uni. Even in high-def.  :D

I started rooting for the Pats once I saw Collie on the field. I was hoping he'd catch the game winner.

Your guys didn't leave the way Welker did turning down two contracts and then saying he left because Bill was too tough on him in practice. Not to mention getting suspended for foot jokes prior to a playoff game that got him benched. It was a mix bag for Welker but honestly how much do you want us to praise him when he is playing with Manning and for Denver - one of the most hated rivals of the Pats?

And that catch by Clark was sic.

I just like to hear grown men cry like little girls....well in your case I make an exception lol. I find it funny that people take a sport like football so serious. I played growing up from pee wee through high school and love it.  I go to hs games on friday nights and watch college on saturdays and try to never miss a Colts game on tv but I try to always remember its JUST ENTERTAINMENT. People carry on like its religion or politcs sometimes lol. Me...I'm just having some fun!

I just like to hear grown men cry like little girls....well in your case I make an exception lol. I find it funny that people take a sport like football so serious. I played growing up from pee wee through high school and love it.  I go to hs games on friday nights and watch college on saturdays and try to never miss a Colts game on tv but I try to always remember its JUST ENTERTAINMENT. People carry on like its religion or politcs sometimes lol. Me...I'm just having some fun!

I hear you. Sports is a religion here in Boston. :)  Even the women are as knowledgable as the men. Right now with the Sox two games from the World Series and the Pats at 5-1 things are pretty crazy here. I agree with you about the fact that it is just entertainment but I find nothing galvanizes a city like sports. When the Pats won the SB after 9/11 it was just awesome to have that feel good story win coming out of nowhere with the name Patriots to boot. That team will always be my favorite. It meant a lot to this city as well when the Sox won in 2004. I am sure it must have been similar in 2006 when the Colts won it all for Indy fans.

I hear you. Sports is a religion here in Boston. :)  Even the women are as knowledgable as the men. Right now with the Sox two games from the World Series and the Pats at 5-1 things are pretty crazy here. I agree with you about the fact that it is just entertainment but I find nothing galvanizes a city like sports. When the Pats won the SB after 9/11 it was just awesome to have that feel good story win coming out of nowhere with the name Patriots to boot. That team will always be my favorite. It meant a lot to this city as well when the Sox won in 2004. I am sure it must have been similar in 2006 when the Colts won it all for Indy fans.

Oh I'm sure it means a lot to people. I have no issue with the pride and joy it brings...just when people get so caught up that it affects their daily lives...like being depressed or lash out at others or have stupid arguements on websites like what is being discussed is some how meaningful when real life is passing by all around. Its a great distraction..great entertainment and I love discussing and talking about it...but I hope I never get to the point (NOT THAT ANYONE HERE IS) that I get in heated arguements over someones legacy or which team was better when what was important is perhaps what that man did off the field...family, friends, and God. I do 100% AGREE with your statement....I just don't feel the city should go around with their head down because the season didn't end with a Lombardi....because well lets be honest....few ever do. Enjoy the ride....just as much as the destination.