Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Pat Injury

dw49

Looks like both are teams are being bitten pretty hard by the injury bug. Also reaading Gronk might miss this one too. 

Patriots DT Tommy Kelly (knee) missed practice again Friday and is not expected to play Sunday against the Saints.

It's a big loss, considering the Patriots already lost Vince Wilfork (Achilles') for the season last week. The Patriots will be forced to go with a combination of Joe Vellano, Chris Jones, and Andre Neblett at defensive tackle.

Oct 11 - 10:55 AM

I have a feeling Rob will play in this one. If it's a gametime decision and he's allowed to choose he'll be in there. They need all the help they can get playing against a team like the Saints.

I'm really glad the Colts aren't opposite this game as this should be a great match up. Dunno about Gronk... I really think he's just turned into a "walking ...talking injury. I don't think you can ever count on this guy playing a 60 minute football game.

I have a feeling Rob will play in this one. If it's a gametime decision and he's allowed to choose he'll be in there. They need all the help they can get playing against a team like the Saints.

Actually if Rob gets to choose I think he sits out...tbh something tells me this guy plays football for the money...not the love. Terrible of me to say because I have no facts to base that off of just a gut feeling. I think he sits unless he gets a lot of pressure from the organization.

I'm really glad the Colts aren't opposite this game as this should be a great match up. Dunno about Gronk... I really think he's just turned into a "walking ...talking injury. I don't think you can ever count on this guy playing a 60 minute football game.

Yeah, he does get hurt a lot. I don't know if it's because he's rushed back from other injuries or not but that one arm fracture he got on a PAT was a freak occurrence lol. That Saints defense is newly aggressive so they will test his boundaries if he does play.

Actually if Rob gets to choose I think he sits out...tbh something tells me this guy plays football for the money...not the love. Terrible of me to say because I have no facts to base that off of just a gut feeling. I think he sits unless he gets a lot of pressure from the organization.

Well if he wants to continue his reputation as the best TE in the league and he wants his pay to reflect as such he has to get out there and show what he can do. I'm sure he'll get the pass from the organization though if he tells them he is not ready yet, as they'll likely want him at his best. But they really do need another receiving threat out there.

Yeah, he does get hurt a lot. I don't know if it's because he's rushed back from other injuries or not but that one arm fracture he got on a PAT was a freak occurrence lol. That Saints defense is newly aggressive so they will test his boundaries if he does play.

Yes .. no doubt you are correct on the forearm injury. It's not related to being "injury prone" , more of a random type thing.

5729.jpg

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Patriots no longer expect Rob Gronkowski (back, questionable) to play in Week 6 against the Saints.

Gronkowski's timetable for return is murkier than ever amid reports the Patriots now have concerns over the stability of his several-times surgically-repaired forearm. The Pats will continue to play three-receiver offense, with Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman in the slot/Z roles and Kenbrell Thompkins at X. Gronkowski owners need not panic and drop him, but he's certainly testing patience. There's still a lot of season left, of course.
Oct 11 - 6:02 PM

Play Gronk!!  He's on my fantasy team and I need some help haha.  But I think Gronk plays.  He has had nearly half the season to keep recovering.  The Pats will need as much offense as they can get against the Saints defense.  Not only is the defense playing well, but we all know the Saints can put up points.  Furthermore, Gronk should get out there and show everyone that he is the best TE in the league and not Graham.

Play Gronk!!  He's on my fantasy team and I need some help haha.  But I think Gronk plays.  He has had nearly half the season to keep recovering.  The Pats will need as much offense as they can get against the Saints defense.  Not only is the defense playing well, but we all know the Saints can put up points.  Furthermore, Gronk should get out there and show everyone that he is the best TE in the league and not Graham.

So your saying you think he plays because they need him and he's been out long enough ? Just a gut feeling or do you have additional info we're not seeing ?

Looking less and less likely for Gronk.....

Rob Gronkowski (back, questionable) still has not been cleared to play by Dr. James Andrews.

Despite optimism earlier in the week, Gronkowski is no longer expected to return against the Saints. Both Andrews and the surgeon who performed his latest forearm surgery have yet to give him medical clearance, and reports suggest the Patriots still have some concern over the stability of Gronkowski's several-times surgically-repaired forearm. Fantasy owners need to be exploring other tight end options for Week 6.

He can't throw and catch the ball himself (said in a Brazilian type staccato voice).

and yet they are 4-1. A super star QB can cover up a lot in this league. Is this pats team good enough to win the Super Bowl with this line up? Probably not. Is it good enough to win the AFC East? I think so.

5729.jpg

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Patriots no longer expect Rob Gronkowski (back, questionable) to play in Week 6 against the Saints.

Gronkowski's timetable for return is murkier than ever amid reports the Patriots now have concerns over the stability of his several-times surgically-repaired forearm. The Pats will continue to play three-receiver offense, with Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman in the slot/Z roles and Kenbrell Thompkins at X. Gronkowski owners need not panic and drop him, but he's certainly testing patience. There's still a lot of season left, of course.

Sucks. I don't think the Patriots are gonna win this one but I had my doubts even if Rob would have been playing anyway.

and yet they are 4-1. A super star QB can cover up a lot in this league. Is this pats team good enough to win the Super Bowl with this line up? Probably not. Is it good enough to win the AFC East? I think so.

Tough to say.  The competition they've faced so far is so-so.  The Saints game will say alot about what the Patriots can do this year.  Whenever you have a QB like Brady you'll contend for a division every single year, but with all the injuries/weird crazy Hernandez thing this may be the weakest Patriots squad in a decade.  

The rest of the division is strong enough to give the Patriots a run for their money. 

Tough to say.  The competition they've faced so far is so-so.  The Saints game will say alot about what the Patriots can do this year.  Whenever you have a QB like Brady you'll contend for a division every single year, but with all the injuries/weird crazy Hernandez thing this may be the weakest Patriots squad in a decade.  

The rest of the division is strong enough to give the Patriots a run for their money. 

I would not look at the Saints game as a barometer becasue Gronk won't be back for it and no one in the middle of the D either with Kelly gone. I think come Nov when the Pats play the Broncos with hopefully their full squad we will know more if they are a legit contender. The AFC East will not be a cake walk this year at all for sure.

Miami maybe but I am not buying the Jets or Bills to give the Pats a serious run for their money. 

The point about having a QB like Brady means you will challenge for the division every year was pretty much exactly my point when I said they have Tom Brady they will be fine.  Trust me as much as I would like to see the Pats fall apart and just lose from here to the end of the World as long as they have Brady it's not going to happen. 

I would not count out the Pats vs. the Saints. Saints will lose one eventually and NE won't score 6 points again. Brees has often been terrific vs. NE but this is at home and NE might bounce back after the offensive letdown in Cincy.

I would not count out the Pats vs. the Saints. Saints will lose one eventually and NE won't score 6 points again. Brees has often been terrific vs. NE but this is at home and NE might bounce back after the offensive letdown in Cincy.

This scares me the most. Saints haven't played NE on the road in a very long time. I'm pretty sure Brees hasn't played them on the road since he was in San Diego.

Plus BLACK PANTS. I'm sorry but they play awful when they wore those ugly things.

5729.jpg

I heard  Kronk refuted these reports but what else would u expect him to say

I would not look at the Saints game as a barometer becasue Gronk won't be back for it and no one in the middle of the D either with Kelly gone. I think come Nov when the Pats play the Broncos with hopefully their full squad we will know more if they are a legit contender. The AFC East will not be a cake walk this year at all for sure.

It's more telling if they win then if they lose, for certain.  That defense looks legit.

Heading into last week, the Patriots' and Broncos' opponents had the same combined record. Since Denver played the Jaguars and the Patriots played an undefeated team, that's obviously now changed.

Of course the Patriots had to eek out a couple of wins while the Broncos have rolled, but... you get the idea. Competition and strength-of-schedule is a fickle thing.

Doesn't matter, New Orleans would have rolled them regardless.

Say WHUT????  ;)

Missed on that one huh? 

Heading into last week, the Patriots' and Broncos' opponents had the same combined record. Since Denver played the Jaguars and the Patriots played an undefeated team, that's obviously now changed.

Of course the Patriots had to eek out a couple of wins while the Broncos have rolled, but... you get the idea. Competition and strength-of-schedule is a fickle thing.

Say WHUT???? ;)

Missed on that one huh?

yeah I didn't account for awful play calling, bad clock management, and terrible officiating.

Say WHUT????  ;)

Missed on that one huh? 

I was thinking more of qualitative eye judgements of opponents faced than SOS FWIW.  

A win over a team like the Saints was what I was waiting to see from the Patriots.  

I was thinking more of qualitative eye judgements of opponents faced than SOS FWIW.  

A win over a team like the Saints was what I was waiting to see from the Patriots.  

Totally gotcha, no worries... and like I said, the Patriots have had some dogfights whereas the Broncos have barely broken a sweat. But I definitely hear you, and although I hate the phrase "statement win," this was one of 'em. People said (fairly) that the Patriots' defense had been good but they played two rookie QBs, an underpeforming Matt Ryan, and a QB who the team cut two weeks later in Freeman. 

Slowing down Brees and the Saints sort of legitimized that defense.

Wow, really? Gonna go with "wah, the officials are terrible?" Am I on a Jets board or something? LOL... ;)

?? The officials were bad. Ex: Not giving Brees his timeout which ended in an INT, calling a false start when it was a clear neutral zone infraction and Solder's blatant hold on the last play are the 3 most prominent I can call off of the top of my head.

doesn't matter tho. The saints handed you guys a victory when they decided to play not to lose, so congrats on your victory.

?? The officials were bad. Ex: Not giving Brees his timeout which ended in an INT, calling a false start when it was a clear neutral zone infraction and Solder's blatant hold on the last play are the 3 most prominent I can call off of the top of my head.

doesn't matter tho. The saints handed you guys a victory when they decided to play not to lose, so congrats on your victory.

Not giving him a timeout???? Are you serious? If anything, that should have been a delay of game penalty! He was signaling for a timeout when the play clock was already expired, and the Saints never should have gotten the play off to begin with. 

I didn't see Solder's "blatant hold" but you watch enough football (I assume) to know that literally happens at least 10 times a game. 

Your hate is strong, and it clouds your otherwise decent judgment.