Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Pat Injury

dw49

Not giving him a timeout???? Are you serious? If anything, that should have been a delay of game penalty! He was signaling for a timeout when the play clock was already expired, and the Saints never should have gotten the play off to begin with. 

I didn't see Solder's "blatant hold" but you watch enough football (I assume) to know that literally happens at least 10 times a game. 

Your hate is strong, and it clouds your otherwise decent judgment. 

The win is burning a hole inside of him. ;)

yeah I didn't account for awful play calling, bad clock management, and terrible officiating.

You also didn't account for Brady driving the team 65-70 yards with 1:13 on the clock and no timeouts, and throwing the game winning touchdown with 5 seconds left on the clock to knock off the undefeated Saints.

NOBODY PUTS BRADY IN A CORNER!!!!   

:goodluck:

?? ESPN dedicated like 3 weeks to what an awful call it was.

Well if ESPN says it.

If they convert its a genius call, if they don't convert its an awful call.  ESPN and all the other media pundits or "experts" as they like to call themselves have the glorious advantage of hindsight.  

It does make some sense strategically.  You punt the ball to Manning or Brees and play prevent defense to not give up the big play and they're going to move the ball between the 20s with ease (especially in the Colts game Manning had shown he could tear them apart between the 20s all game long).  So by going for it, you have a chance to win the game right there, if you miss, your defense still has to make a redzone stop to win the game.

You also didn't account for Brady driving the team 65-70 yards with 1:13 on the clock and no timeouts, and throwing the game winning touchdown with 5 seconds left on the clock to knock off the undefeated Saints.

NOBODY PUTS BRADY IN A CORNER!!!!   

:goodluck:

The Pats have a way of doing that to team - making them play scared. Brees burned three TOs during the game because he didn't like the look of the Pats defense and didn't know what to audible to. It is amazing to watch good teams self-destruct when they are close to beating the Pats.

The Pats have a way of doing that to team - making them play scared. Brees burned three TOs during the game because he didn't like the look of the Pats defense and didn't know what to audible to. It is amazing to watch good teams self-destruct when they are close to beating the Pats.

He really used three timeouts? Yikes. Though when I think of quarterbacks who are quick to audible and hit the hot routes Drew Brees doesn't exactly come to mind.

Correction, I just confirmed that the drive was in fact 75 yards with no timeouts and 1:13 left.   Wow hes awesome :)

He really used three timeouts? Yikes. Though when I think of quarterbacks who are quick to audible and hit the hot routes Drew Brees doesn't exactly come to mind.

Yes. It was stunning. Not sure what the Pats defense was doing but he burned three throughout the game. On the flip, Brady who is dealing with a bunch of rooks and first year guys got them all line up every play never burning a time out or getting a delay of game. These are the things that never show up on the stat line but are instrumental to the flow of the game.