Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Schaub sets NFL record for consecutive games with a pick 6.

Dustin

Guest TeamLoloJones

I don't like Houston, but I really feel for Schaub. He's throwing more picks than TD's.

I don't feel sorry.  I wish I could be paid millions to be horrible at my job.

Ay ay ay. A horrible night for Schaub. I don't know what is going on, but if we don't set him straight we're in trouble. I don't know if the bench is quite the answer yet but there just has to be a change....all these guys don't deserve to lose, we practice and play too hard for these terrible losses....

Ay ay ay. A horrible night for Schaub. I don't know what is going on, but if we don't set him straight we're in trouble. I don't know if the bench is quite the answer yet but there just has to be a change....all these guys don't deserve to lose, we practice and play too hard for these terrible losses....

The defense must be in pure revolt at this point. I have no idea where Schaub's head is at but it's gone past me being upset at him and now I'm worried for the guy's mental state. Maybe bench him and regroup. I mean, how many points off TOs did SF score? 24? If Yates goes in there and at least doesn't turn the ball over, we have a chance to win with our defense. Just like 2011.

The defense must be in pure revolt at this point. I have no idea where Schaub's head is at but it's gone past me being upset at him and now I'm worried for the guy's mental state. Maybe bench him and regroup. I mean, how many points off TOs did SF score? 24? If Yates goes in there and at least doesn't turn the ball over, we have a chance to win with our defense. Just like 2011.

I agree. They scored way too darn many points off turnovers, that's how many. That's why I was watching even more closely when they put Yates in, because everyone else stayed in on the offense but Schaub. If we do see Yates next week I won't be mad. There were points in the game where I knew he would've made more of a difference with his athleticism and improvisation than Matt did. My head still hurts from watching this game.

I agree. They scored way too darn many points off turnovers, that's how many. That's why I was watching even more closely when they put Yates in, because everyone else stayed in on the offense but Schaub. If we do see Yates next week I won't be mad. There were points in the game where I knew he would've made more of a difference with his athleticism and improvisation than Matt did. My head still hurts from watching this game.

Or that other guy...the 3rd stringer...nobody's supposed to know about him though he's our ace in the hole :ninja:

No keep him in and see where this all is heading......could become interesting.

:hide:

Sad to think a few years ago I thought he was really one of the most underrated QB's back when Arian Foster was allowed to do all the work for them. Yesterday 97 yards on 21 carries, why on earth do you not run the ball when you got a machine like that?

Hey Quiz, when the Pats played the Texans in Dec. last year, I remember after the game Jaws saying that the Pats had watched film on Schaub and figured out that when you take away the middle he has issues throwing to the sideline. From that point on - the last 5 games of last year, plus the playoffs and now this year, he has been struggling. I had said before the start of the season that Houston needed to fix that or else other teams would do what the Pats did and every team thereafter. Are you seeing it? I have not watched a ton of their games. Not even last night as I was just too tired. I just wonder if he has lost confidence or if the defenses are all playing him the same way. I have never really liked Kubiak as a coach as I think his O is very vanilla so not sure how much that is playing into this well.

Hey Quiz, when the Pats played the Texans in Dec. last year, I remember after the game Jaws saying that the Pats had watched film on Schaub and figured out that when you take away the middle he has issues throwing to the sideline. From that point on - the last 5 games of last year, plus the playoffs and now this year, he has been struggling. I had said before the start of the season that Houston needed to fix that or else other teams would do what the Pats did and every team thereafter. Are you seeing it? I have not watched a ton of their games. Not even last night as I was just too tired. I just wonder if he has lost confidence or if the defenses are all playing him the same way. I have never really liked Kubiak as a coach as I think his O is very vanilla so not sure how much that is playing into this well.

Our O is based off of the Broncos old offense with Elway. We even had Shanahan's son for a few years and our offensive coordinator served under Shanahan as well. I don't know how he got into this hole but I'm thinking it obviously has to do with confidence. Add in the fact that Arian hasn't looked as explosive and we are a bit predictable at times and Schaub is thrown all off wack. I don't know what the deal is but it has to be corrected quickly...Schaub has played at high levels in the past, he knows the offense, he just needs to clear whatever is going on in his head. But the leash is short and he better clear it up quick.

It's all confidence. He has shown through the years he has the ability to make a lot of good throws. With only A. Johnson to throw too he was winning games. Now he has a good young rookie on the other side it really is just all in his head basically. Doesn't help the fans revolt on him....it just looks like Sanchez really. They have the talent because we've seen it before..but they are trying to hard...forcing throws and then it snow balls. I really think last week's loss just destroyed his confidence and it carried over this week. It is up to the OC to run plays to build it back up. You can't continue to ask him to run the playbook the same when he is struggling. You take your successful plays and you cut out stuff. Sure it will make their offense more vanilla....hurt them probably scoring points....but that shouldn't be an issue when you have the best defense in the nfl. Get a couple wins under his belt and he will be better. They need the jaguars...but I don't know when they play them next. Yates is limited....he isn't half the qb Schaub is (and i'm not a huge schaub fan). You know you can make the playoffs with Yates and be one and done...the only chance to win the SB is to get Schaub healthy (in the head)...so you might as well invest in him.