Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw Considering Season Ending Neck Surgery

Horseshoe

Ugh. Looks like adding another RB in the draft may not be a bad idea, after all.

Ballard's coming off an ACL. Bradshaw's a FA and having a serious neck injury (fortunately not as bad as it could've been). Brown's a FA. Who knows what Williams has at this level?

This offense needs RB's to make it work, and they're dropping like flies for us. Two of our most important backs gone in a month. 

I'm not a fan of using an early pick on a RB, let alone using our first two picks, but if De'Anthony Thomas falls to us in the 2nd round, he'd be hard to pass up. 

He'd be the ying to TRich's yang and could double as a slot receiver. Like Darren Sproles sort of. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm not a fan of using an early pick on a RB, let alone using our first two picks, but if De'Anthony Thomas falls to us in the 2nd round, he'd be hard to pass up. 

He'd be the ying to TRich's yang and could double as a slot receiver. Like Darren Sproles sort of. 

Thomas is kind of an outlier because he would be our KR and maybe PR too.  He is a great receiver and could line up in the slot.  He's basically LeMichael James + Tavon Austin.  He's been hurt lately too so he might actually slip on some draft boards.  TRich+Ballard (healthy)+De'Anthony = good luck opposing defenses.

What Trent needs is a big run. Most good RB's only average 3 to 4 yards a carry if you take out the big run they get once or twice every few games. He breaks the first tackle most of the time and he is not losing yards after the first hit. He will prove the critics wrong once he gets settled in and gets a few big runs. 

22 carries for 60 yards is 2.7 a carry.

Add in a 35 yard run and the average is now 4.1 yards per carry.

I see a lot of people are expecting T-Rich to take up all if not most of the slack with Bradshaw "possibly out". The Colts will definitely need Williams to step up to from the practice squad too, in that scenario. I saw K. Williams run very well in pre-season against their opponents, not so much a return guy, but pretty solid at back. Hope he can take some slack off T-Rich and D. Brown. For the Draft I think the Colts could go T/OL or DE maybe LB before RB. We have good receivers, maybe a new WR, I like the rest of the positions. They will need to seek a kicker to replace Adam since I think honestly his career is looking short, but I believe they could pick a good Kicker up from FA. A RB????? I mean their Backs when healthy combined are by far the best any NFL team has. There are many looks and talents among them, at least 3 with the capabilities of multiple 100 yard rushing games.. No one can tell me Vick is not a 100 yard potential runner, or that T-Rich wont be, T-Rich broke the rookie rushing record last year. Bradshaw has many games over 100 yards rushing. But if Bradshaw goes IR and since this season is the focus now, K. Williams and D. Brown must bring their "A" game. However, I look to see more passing in the scheme too. This is just the first of four games coming up that the Colts will seriously be challenged. The Colts will have to play smart and remain focused. Next man up.

GO COLTS!!!!!!

Get well Bradshaw you have done very well this year. I really hope it is nothing serious, but your health is priority.

Ugh. Looks like adding another RB in the draft may not be a bad idea, after all.

Ballard's coming off an ACL. Bradshaw's a FA and having a serious neck injury (fortunately not as bad as it could've been). Brown's a FA. Who knows what Williams has at this level?

This offense needs RB's to make it work, and they're dropping like flies for us. Two of our most important backs gone in a month. 

I hear ya Hans. I hear ya. It's so frustrating. We have a tough stretch coming up: Seattle, San Diego, & Denver...Not good news at all. How does Bradshaw go from foot to neck injuries anyway? Bummer. Luck needs a variety of RBs at his disposal this next month. After going through 4 neck surgeries with Manning already, I really don't even want to contemplate the words sidelined, setbacks, & rehab anymore...Sigh...Not the same position I know. RB vs QB, but still a dark INDY deja vu quality to it.  

Just go head & get it over with Ahmad Bradshaw. You did good here for us & I for one aoorefiyou getting us the win in San Francisco. Wish you the best man

True TK24 get the procedure done ASAP & don't drag your feet weighing the pros & cons endlessly. Get a 2nd opinion sure that's fine, but the faster the surgery is completed, the quicker physical therapy begins. 

I just want the decision & operation carried out in weeks vs months I guess. Proved the article is accurate with verified sources that is...

Brown has stepped up when his number has been called. It has only been called a few times a game though so far.

He's had 6 attempts the last two weeks. Basically breaking a few nice runs and sitting for long periods of time. He's going to have to be a dual every down back alongside TRich and not putting all the load on one guy.

This is a very tough break if he is lost for the season. Having two hammering running backs is definately better than one, during the course of a grueling season. However, all teams are getting hammered by the injury bug, and the Colts have more offensive weapons than most. 

I hear ya Hans. I hear ya. It's so frustrating. We have a tough stretch coming up: Seattle, San Diego, & Denver...Not good news at all. How does Bradshaw go from foot to neck injuries anyway? Bummer. Luck needs a variety of RBs at his disposal this next month. After going through 4 neck surgeries with Manning already, I really don't even want to contemplate the words sidelined, setbacks, & rehab anymore...Sigh...Not the same position I know. RB vs QB, but still a dark INDY deja vu quality to it.  

Must have been that guy flying into him with a heavy arm for a neck tackle ya think?

One of my least favorite type of dirty plays. It happens often near the sideline.

This is a very tough break if he is lost for the season. Having two hammering running backs is definately better than one, during the course of a grueling season. However, all teams are getting hammered by the injury bug, and the Colts have more offensive weapons than most.

..another reason you don't want to try to be a power running team

It just doenst work in today's NFL

He's had 6 attempts the last two weeks. Basically breaking a few nice runs and sitting for long periods of time. He's going to have to be a dual every down back alongside TRich and not putting all the load on one guy.

Brown can only go out on the field when the coaches tell him to though.  I think that's the point jwilli was trying to make.  I agree with you that Brown should get more carries to help distribute the load, but that's not a decision for Brown to make.

..another reason you don't want to try to be a power running team

It just doenst work in today's NFL

Somebody forgot to tell the 49ers about that.  Just last year, BEFORE adding the read-option stuff to their offense, they were still racking up wins with a power running game and Alex Smith at QB.

So you only read the first 8 words of my post?  :scratch:

I didn't agree with either point.

I don't think what SF did either of the last 2 years works consistently if you dont have a great defense...Nobody thinks the read-option is a serious factor.. and power running went out in the 90s

Any offense works when you stop everybody..

..but you have to throw the ball..especially when you have an all-pro QB and top recievers.

Why do we try hard to do what we don't do well?

Brown can only go out on the field when the coaches tell him to though. I think that's the point jwilli was trying to make. I agree with you that Brown should get more carries to help distribute the load, but that's not a decision for Brown to make.

If he was showing the coaches he could be that guy he wouldn't have been 3rd string coming into the year, and they wouldn't have felt the need to trade for Richardson. So obviously they don't like him, or they don't believe in him. Either way he's got to step it up and show them they're wrong, or prove them wrong.

He can't be just a change of pace back for TRich moving forward IMO. Because we are losing RBs like they are going out of style.

Dang, I was really starting to cling to Bradshaw..

If the neck injury ends up being serious his chances of coming back to Indy next year is slim to none..

He may just hand up his cleets for good.

I would agree. Not sure how a running back especially could hold up long under a repaired vertebrae in his neck. They take too much pounding

I didn't agree with either point.

I don't think what SF did either of the last 2 years works consistently if you dont have a great defense...Nobody thinks the read-option is a serious factor.. and power running went out in the 90s

Any offense works when you stop everybody..

..but you have to throw the ball..especially when you have an all-pro QB and top recievers.

Why do we try hard to do what we don't do well?

*sigh*  I thought we were finally done getting this rhetoric from you.  Why are we trying to do what we don't do well?  Well I would argue the "what we don't do well" part and the fact the Colts are the 4th ranked rushing offense so far tends to not support your notion either.