Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierre Garcon..what's Up With That?

oldunclemark

Raise your hand if you thought our most dangerous receiver this season would be Pierre Garcon...

(my hand's not up)

I'm very impressed with how he's getting open and making plays...

I wish we'd run that little 'bubble screen' more..or even hand him the ball on a reverse once in awhile..

(and is there a reason we fair catch every punt.?

Maybe Garcon would actually gain yards on punt returns..?

Garcon has always been our most dynamic WR on the roster. He has the speed to beat defenders deep and he is more physical then the rest of our guys and can make more plays after the catch. The problem Garcon has always had was the guy is so inconsistent. Going into the year I thought, if he could be more consistent, he could have been a beast out there.

BLOWN COVERAGES ?? What are you talking about..that was all GARCON...man he mentally telepathically tricked that defender out by causing him to visualize in his mind the ball in the air heading to clark...come on now, give Garcon some love! :argh:

Edited by Happy2beHere

I'm happy to see it, but the Tampa game was a badly blown coverage, and a screen that was a good run coupled with good blocking. Not exactly inspiring images of Marvin Harrison in my head where the defense did everything they could to stop him, but i just wasn't possible.

The KC game was also a pair of Blown coverages, so it's not exactly like it's all him.

The truth is he still drops and misses a lot of balls he shouldn't. I like him and all, but you gotta take the bad with the good, and it's been pretty close to even his whole career.

I'm happy to see it, but the Tampa game was a badly blown coverage, and a screen that was a good run coupled with good blocking. Not exactly inspiring images of Marvin Harrison in my head where the defense did everything they could to stop him, but i just wasn't possible.

The KC game was also a pair of Blown coverages, so it's not exactly like it's all him.

The truth is he still drops and misses a lot of balls he shouldn't. I like him and all, but you gotta take the bad with the good, and it's been pretty close to even his whole career.

Tough crowd..Waylon...

What would be saying about him if he hadnt scored 4 TDs in 2 weeks??

Be happy. Give him credit....I know of 4 he didnt drop the last 2 weeks.. :worthy:

I mean Waylon is right. His screen pass against TB was good blocking. The bomb he had against TB was blown coverage. The 87 yarder against KC was a good pump on Painters part. The 6 yarder again was good blocking. He still does drop balls. Until I see him on a weekly basis not drop balls, then I will have his back 100%, right now i got his back like 80%.

Edited by Fx Stryker

At least of the the KC touchdowns was the result of the DB biting on a Painter pump-fake. I'd have to look at the other to see what happened there.

I mean Waylon is right. His screen pass against TB was good blocking. The bomb he had against TB was blown coverage. The 87 yarder against KC was a good pump on Painters part. The 6 yarder again was good blocking. He still does drop balls. Until I see him on a weekly basis not drop balls, then I will have his back 100%, right now i got his back like 80%.

Like I said, you gotta take the bad with the good with Garçon, and when you look at his career since becoming a starter in 09, it's really about even. He's made some big catches, but he's dropped just as many and ended drives with balls he should have caught that he didn't.

I've always said his strength is YAC. The screen pass in Tampa is the perfect example. He's a great runner, and makes great decisions. He's fast, and once he gets in the open he can take it home. We've tried to make him a deep threat kinda like desean jackson, but I'd much rather us focus on making him a great mid-route guy who you can really rely on to make a catch because he could be extremely dangerous that way.

What he said.

Blown coverage, good blocks, he still scored 4 TDs in the last two games. I will agree he hasn't been the most reliable WR the last few years with dropped passes, but he has the speed and talent to make big plays. If you think about it, it makes sense. Manning had lost alot of faith in Garcon and now he gets a chance to redeem himself with Painter. It looks like it's not Wayne, but Garcon who is Painter's go to guy. I also agree with the OP that he would be a good punt/kick returner.

Another reason for Garcon's outstanding performance is that nobody was giving respect to our passing game. They were stuffing our running game and trying to let Painter beat them. And he did. Sooner than later they will start to work on films and pay more attention to our receivers. We will see very soon.

While he had teammates to help make those plays, they wouldn't have been TDs if it weren't for Garcon's speed, agility, and vision. So lets just give him credit instead of say " yeah BUT"

Almost every good play in the NFL comes from good team play.

'dynamic' is an interesting word for it...

I guess that means that Donald Brown could be the most dynamic running back we have, right???

Actually, yes. You likely meant that as sarcasm, but I've been against them cutting Brown because he is far and away the most explosive running back we've had since Edge before the knee injury. You can't teach speed and quickness. His big play potential, like Garcon's, is enormous. You just hope that they both improve on their negatives.

Actually, yes. You likely meant that as sarcasm, but I've been against them cutting Brown because he is far and away the most explosive running back we've had since Edge before the knee injury. You can't teach speed and quickness. His big play potential, like Garcon's, is enormous. You just hope that they both improve on their negatives.

I'm sure we'll both take flake, but I agree that Brown is our most explosive RB. I still hold hope he can turn it around if given the chance. Waiting to hear Addai's injury severity, but I have enough hope that I'm seriously thinking about adding him to my fantasy roster. Brown has shown flashes of brilliance. Unfortunately the bad blocking and injuries have out shined the positives. I like Carter, however, dynamic he is not.

So harsh John but true

Check the other threads..

I like Brown. I'd start him

He saved our bacon last year against Jacksonville..

Check the other threads..

I like Brown. I'd start him

He saved our bacon last year against Jacksonville..

Sorry, glad to hear that. The way it was phrased as a question for some reason suggested sarcasm. You hear a lot more negative about Brown than positive here.