Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welker Is A Stud

dw49

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I realize this is a Wes Welker driven topic & I will get to him in 1 minute, but RB Montee Ball fumbling the ball with the last 3 minutes really upsets me. What's the darn problem Ball?! Last week, you cough up the pigskin near the endzone & this week you can't be trusted to finish out a game? I'm get tired of this. I haven't given up on you, but the leash of tolerance is getting very, very short. 

Wes Welker did have a nice TD, he moved the 3rd down chains, but he also had a guaranteed 6 point drop in the corner of the endzone too. Gotta fix that Wes. 1 drop during a crucial drive in the Playoffs & it's over.  

The ironic thing is that Hillman, the other RB will some butterfinger hands issues, didn't fumble once & he played a very nice game. The Left tackle position under Clark looks decent. I thought that Manning got a little too greedy & was a little too pass happy on that late 3rd QTR turnover myself. I love 18, but he needed to run that TD in not throw. Yeah I know, hindsight is always 20/20. I don't blame Clark on that Manning sack; I blame Manning. He should have known better. JMO.  

The ironic thing is that Hillman, the other RB will some butterfinger hands issues, didn't fumble once & he played a very nice game. The Left tackle position under Clark looks decent. I thought that Manning got a little too greedy & was a little too pass happy on that late 3rd QTR turnover myself. I love 18, but he needed to run that TD in not throw. Yeah I know, hindsight is always 20/20. I don't blame Clark on that Manning sack; I blame Manning. He should have known better. JMO.  

Between the Welker drop, a blatant helmet to helmet not called, Manning's fumble and a few other blunders the Broncos easily left 14+ points on the board. That's pretty crazy considering they scored 37 despite being sloppy.

Then again, it was against Oakland, so can't ride this one off in to the sunset as some incredible feat.

Side note: I'm really glad Jack Del Rio is getting the respect he deserves as a quality DC. His tenure in Jacksonville was almost the death of his career until John Fox hired him on his staff.

I'm still to figure out if Raiders QB Pryor is gonna be an above average QB or not. Or if his legs & ability to scramble define his NFL attention right now. I also wonder if Charles Woodson is wondering why the hades did I not sign with Denver? Oakland will never make the post season this year.  :facepalm:

Between the Welker drop, a blatant helmet to helmet not called, Manning's fumble and a few other blunders the Broncos easily left 14+ points on the board. That's pretty crazy considering they scored 37 despite being sloppy.

Then again, it was against Oakland, so can't ride this one off in to the sunset as some incredible feat.

Yup bragging about beating Oakland is like patting yourself on the back for beating a blind man playing darts.  haha

Denver fans appear to be grasping the concept of remaining silent when 18 is on offense finally. It took them a little while to figure that out, but better late than never I guess.

Is it just me or is there a higher likelihood of fans booing their favorite teams this year? Both Eagles fans & Steelers fans have done this recently. I find that tacky & low class myself. What do the rest of you think? Is booing from an NFL fan base acceptable to you? Refusing to buy tickets or watch games on TV is 1 thing; booing publicly is quite another IMHO. 

Heck, the Eagles fans booed Santa Claus a few years back. Booing their own team is second nature.

I was honestly shocked Andy Reid got more cheers than jeers when K.C. came to town.

They probably thought they could sit on Andy's lap like Chris Cringle & get all the presents their parents messed up on & big old Andy could rectify some childhood mistakes now. Just Kidding! Besides, when the Philly fan base realizes that Chip Kelly isn't as smart as he thinks he is, they will wish they had Reid back running their football team. 

The Steelers booing Sunday night really shocked me. That franchise has 6 SB trophies & an excellent coach in Mike Tomlin. Believe me, that team is not happy right now & they know that they suck right now. Boos aren't gonna make them play any better. Seasons & teams go through highs & lows. Sometimes you're on top & sometimes you're not. But, you don't change teams like you change socks just because the road is a little bumpy with a few pot holes in it. You grit your teeth, support your team, & ride the storm out no matter how long it takes. If fans turn on a franchise so quickly, they were never diehard fans anyway. Forget em. Leave. I don't want you around. Real character is when things look bleak, dark, & dismal & you stay put. Criticism works to a point, but childlike behavior like booing is just lame & so disrespectful. JMO. I'd rather have a fan laugh at me that boo me personally. 

I think it was Chad that had mentioned during the preseason that Denver was still committing a lot of sloppy errors which marked the team last year. It was a very astute post. I see the same things - the drops, turnovers, undisciplined play. Because the offense can score at will especially vs. teams like the Giants and Raiders it is going somewhat unnoticed but it will come home to roost in the playoffs. Not sure what is going on. If it is Fox or their practices. But something is still not right.

Believe me I'm trying. How could the Pats let this guy go to sign the guy that's never on the field ?

Because their offense is not predicated on the slot anymore. With two legit threats on the outside, Gronk and a stout run game, Amendola when he is back will not be anywhere close to Welker's targets and that is a good thing. I will not miss his drops either which have appeared in every game thus far.

I think it was Chad that had mentioned during the preseason that Denver was still committing a lot of sloppy errors which marked the team last year. It was a very astute post. I see the same things - the drops, turnovers, undisciplined play. Because the offense can score at will especially vs. teams like the Giants and Raiders it is going somewhat unnoticed but it will come home to roost in the playoffs. Not sure what is going on. If it is Fox or their practices. But something is still not right.

We all see  what we Want to See.   

I See  a  Complete team, that looks unstoppable..

Believe me I'm trying. How could the Pats let this guy go to sign the guy that's never on the field ?

for what it is worth Edelman has as much production as Welker has this year . . . yes it would of been nice to keep Welker for depth reasons, but at the same time he is 5 years older than Edelman and Amendola . . . so it was more about 2-3 years down the road and not this year . . . it is basically a mini Manning v. Luck debate . . . sacrifice a great player with fewer years left in his career for a younger player . . .

hey I have a 1000 posts!

We all see  what we Want to See.   

I See  a  Complete team, that looks unstoppable..

Yes they look solid so far this the season and look solid on both sides of the ball . . . time will tell if they are able to keep it up, likely they will be able to do so . . . we will however get a better feel for the team when they play a solid team in mid season form . . .  

In other news regarding seeing what one wants to see . . . I found humorous Jon Gruden's comments of the Broncos running the offense after they had the game in hand . . . he indicated how great it was that the Broncos are running their offense and basically scrimmaging and practicing to get ready for the playoffs . . . meaning they have a free possession during game time conditions and can use this as practice . . . what great idea for a team and great insight by Gruden . . . gee I was always told that when a team is doing this they are evil vindictive spiteful team trying to run up the score as opposed to perhaps playing for other reasons. . . funny how people see what they want to see and times have changed . . .

SW! you make a good point about fans booing their team. It is childish; if you don't like seeing the bad playing, don't go to the stadium. The players know how badly they're doing, and booing doesn't help.

I agree that diehard fans will support the team no matter what. I know a Bills fan on another forum who is like that. She stands by her team no  matter what. Is practically heartbroken after a loss (like this week's loss to the Jets of all teams), but doesn't give up. Says that there is always next week. I have to admire someone like that; it can't be easy. Also know other fans who are just as loyal to their teams.

Getting back on topic, Welker and Manning seem to have a good rapport with each other. Although, Welker has been known to drop balls occasionally. I don't think anyone will ever forget the one he dropped to end the playoffs. He does have talent, though.

Ellen

Yes they look solid so far this the season and look solid on both sides of the ball . . . time will tell if they are able to keep it up, likely they will be able to do so . . . we will however get a better feel for the team when they play a solid team in mid season form . . .  

In other news regarding seeing what one wants to see . . . I found humorous Jon Gruden's comments of the Broncos running the offense after they had the game in hand . . . he indicated how great it was that the Broncos are running their offense and basically scrimmaging and practicing to get ready for the playoffs . . . meaning they have a free possession during game time conditions and can use this as practice . . . what great idea for a team and great insight by Gruden . . . gee I was always told that when a team is doing this they are evil vindictive spiteful team trying to run up the score as opposed to perhaps playing for other reasons. . . funny how people see what they want to see and times have changed . . .

I noticed his reference to that a few times as well.    Of course,  if Peyton had kept passing, (instead of practicing the "running" game)  then he'd have been accused of trying to "run up the score"  and "trying to break more passing TD records"   and so on......  They were playing, good,  smart football.  IMO

Because their offense is not predicated on the slot anymore. With two legit threats on the outside, Gronk and a stout run game, Amendola when he is back will not be anywhere close to Welker's targets and that is a good thing. I will not miss his drops either which have appeared in every game thus far.

Really was just trying to wake the Pat people up. 

for what it is worth Edelman has as much production as Welker has this year . . . yes it would of been nice to keep Welker for depth reasons, but at the same time he is 5 years older than Edelman and Amendola . . . so it was more about 2-3 years down the road and not this year . . . it is basically a mini Manning v. Luck debate . . . sacrifice a great player with fewer years left in his career for a younger player . . .

hey I have a 1000 posts!

I know.. there comes a time when you can't keep everyone.

They will win a ton of game Gramz like last year but there are issues there that will raise their ugly heads when the toughter competition comes in Jan.

Well this  reply also can apply to the Pats with the games they have played and won by small margins to date. Can they keep winning when the tougher competition comes in Jan ? :???:     :scratch:

lol

Well this  reply also can apply to the Pats with the games they have played and won by small margins to date. Can they keep winning when the tougher competition comes in Jan ? :???:     :scratch:

I am not sure Susie. What I like is the fact that their D is only letting up 9 points per game. We have not had this good a unit since the championship years. I think a lot depends on how much more in synch the WRs can be with Brady and the health of everyone else. We know the QB and coaching will be there but have to see how the other parts pan out. Sunday night should give us a good indication just where this team is at. On the road against one of the top teams in the NFC.

Is this purely opinion, or can you produce some substantiation behind this?

The reason I ask is that I find it hard to believe the Pats would give up on a system that produced record-breaking numbers last year.

Peyton held it longer than he normally does on that one, I felt. He got a bit comfy thinking Clark held up all night long, he can continue to do so while he looks at a 3rd or 4th read :) and it backfired. If it was Terrell Suggs, I bet Peyton would be more aware.

I agree.

The reason I ask is that I find it hard to believe the Pats would give up on a system that produced record-breaking numbers last year.

Yeah Anton, Pats fans are having denial. Welker is really good, not just a product of Brady, hands down. Amendola will pretty soon miss as many games in 1 year that Welker missed in 6 years (3), go figure!!! They can count on Amendola as their savior to replace Welker!!! Even a blind man can see that homerism. :)

Whatever helps Pats fans sleep well at night. That makes it extra special for us Colts fans when the Patriots lose, anytime, anywhere, whether it is Peyton or Luck that is our QB!!! :) The fans from New England are a big reason why it gives me extra satisfaction to see them lose.

Welker is definately very very good. He is 100% upgrade over Stokely last year as he is able to get separation and runs some of the best routes in football. That corner post was beautiful. I will say just like the rest of the Broncos though he has concentration lapses where he drops catchable balls. He makes most look so easy that the minor difficult ones we think he should have and he misses some. I agree Denver leaves some plays on the field and we will see if it costs them later...Peyton does throw a pass that is a little harder to catch...he doesn't have that tight spiral that Brady throws. Not saying Brady is better but they have their differences and some things Peyton is better at. Tom has the advantage of throwing very catchable balls. Welker has had some issues in the playoffs on some big 3rd down passes and we've seen some of those show up a few times this year but I think people get a little over-critical of him. Those teams don't get there without him...aren't in position to win without him...and yes Tom didn't throw very his best pass. I think both players would like those back...just like Peyton would take back that throw across his body last year.

Yeah Anton, Pats fans are having denial. Welker is really good, not just a product of Brady, hands down. Amendola will pretty soon miss as many games in 1 year that Welker missed in 6 years (3), go figure!!! They can count on Amendola as their savior to replace Welker!!! Even a blind man can see that homerism. :)

Whatever helps Pats fans sleep well at night. That makes it extra special for us Colts fans when the Patriots lose, anytime, anywhere, whether it is Peyton or Luck that is our QB!!! :) The fans from New England are a big reason why it gives me extra satisfaction to see them lose.

I get all the satisfaction I need with my team....because if I worried about the Pats losing to be happy or happier....I would never be content. They rarely lose...they have a great team and a well run organization. They sure got some annoying fans no doubt...and the winning goest to some of their heads but we have our own fans that are just as delusional. I stopped worrying about what other teams do long ago. I root on my favorite team the Colts and my favorite player Peyton and I'm happy. I don't worry about the Pats...they aren't in our division...perhaps HOU or TEN because that will determine if we get in the playoffs but the Pats...nah...they aren't that important. Certainly not enough to get satisfaction out of a loss and definately not enough to go on their message board and post or get into debates. lol

I get all the satisfaction I need with my team....because if I worried about the Pats losing to be happy or happier....I would never be content. They rarely lose...they have a great team and a well run organization. They sure got some annoying fans no doubt...and the winning goest to some of their heads but we have our own fans that are just as delusional. I stopped worrying about what other teams do long ago. I root on my favorite team the Colts and my favorite player Peyton and I'm happy. I don't worry about the Pats...they aren't in our division...perhaps HOU or TEN because that will determine if we get in the playoffs but the Pats...nah...they aren't that important. Certainly not enough to get satisfaction out of a loss and definately not enough to go on their message board and post or get into debates. lol

True. But the annoying fans make it extra sweet when the Pats lose. Besides, I only state it on a Colts forum because I never feel like going to any other forum and thump my chest even if it has merit to it. :)

lol. Yeah I caught that. Then again Jon gets it being a coach. :)

I think the proof is in how the team is constructed. They went and got two WRs on the outside and upgraded the run game with Blount to compliment Ridley, Vareen and Boldin.

While the system did produce some great stats, it did not produce the rings and became easy to defend with teams like the Ravens and Giants who would clog up the middle.

Guess you are not getting much satisfaction this year with the Pats at 3-0. :D

^^^^^THIS

Guest TeamLoloJones

^^^^^THIS

I root against any AFC team with a better record than the Colts.  I have nothing against the Pats or any other team.  It just makes sense to want your team to have the best record in your conference to get the top seed.  Otherwise I never root against other teams.  I actually like Brady and like to see him put up good numbers.

Okay, I realize this is a Wes Welker driven topic & I will get to him in 1 minute, but RB Montee Ball fumbling the ball with the last 3 minutes really upsets me. What's the darn problem Ball?! Last week, you cough up the pigskin near the endzone & this week you can't be trusted to finish out a game? I'm get tired of this. I haven't given up on you, but the leash of tolerance is getting very, very short. 

Wes Welker did have a nice TD, he moved the 3rd down chains, but he also had a guaranteed 6 point drop in the corner of the endzone too. Gotta fix that Wes. 1 drop during a crucial drive in the Playoffs & it's over.  

You know what ticks me off?  Freaking Bronco's named Montee Ball their #1 RB right out of training camp and put Moreno as their #3 back.  This leads me to waive Moreno in FF because I figured he'd never see the football.  

Then what happens. . . they use Moreno as their primary RB.