Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welker Is A Stud

dw49

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand the insults honestly. Why the child comment? Can't you debate like an adult?

My argument was never about the salaries of the players. Amendola is being paid like that because he is that good. My point was that he will not be targeted 174 times like Welker. The offense has morphed given the outside threats that Brady has targeted more then the slot. He hit 8 different players with passes last week and had more than 100 yards rushing from his RBs. Amendola will get his share of balls but the offense will be more balanced then it has the last few years. So far that has been the case the last three games and I expect that to continue as the WRs on the outside continue to progress.

Not an insult, just an observation.

How is the 100 yards rushing different from last year.

You have absolutely zero evidence to support your points about the outside receivers, they are involved so much because they are all Brady has.

But ya know what, you win. I have had enough debates with you over the past few months to realize that you will continue making unfounded arguments no matter what. I will have to stop using facts and common sense as clearly they do not tell the real story.

Not an insult, just an observation.

How is the 100 yards rushing different from last year.

You have absolutely zero evidence to support your points about the outside receivers, they are involved so much because they are all Brady has.

But ya know what, you win. I have had enough debates with you over the past few months to realize that you will continue making unfounded arguments no matter what. I will have to stop using facts and common sense as clearly they do not tell the real story.

It was an insulting observation.

You are making excuses with the injuries because my facts are right. They knew Gronk was not going to be ready early in the season. And they knew in June that Hernandez was gone. They drafted Dobson and signed Thompkins as an undrafted free agent and Brady has been throwing to both of them a lot. Even with Gronk back they will still be targeting these guys who looked to be on the same page with Brady last week. They upped the run game with the Blount trade so they will use it even more. There will not be as much dependency on the slot which is intentional.

You are making excuses with the injuries because my facts are right. They knew Gronk was not going to be ready early in the season. And they knew in June that Hernandez was gone. They drafted Dobson and signed Thompkins as an undrafted free agent and Brady has been throwing to both of them a lot. Even with Gronk back they will still be targeting these guys who looked to be on the same page with Brady last week. They upped the run game with the Blount trade so they will use it even more. There will not be as much dependency on the slot which is intentional.

lol

its the first quarter. nice way to deflect to something totally unrelated

Just an observation ... they have let a lot of teams go down the field on them. Whenver it is that Manning is not able to put up a lot of points they will struggle to win. Love that Holiday though. He would have been MVP of the Ravens playoff game IF they had won.

only you and Wayne chrebets mom would take him over Welker

Welker has had 2 hall of fame QB's throwing him the ball, prior to that he had a pretty good one in Phillip Rivers throwing him the ball, Whos Chrebet had? Vinny Testaverde(decent dont get me wrong here)? Chad Pennington(had a couple good years), Neil O'donnell 1 year, Ray Lucas?

Welker has had 2 hall of fame QB's throwing him the ball, prior to that he had a pretty good one in Phillip Rivers throwing him the ball, Whos Chrebet had? Vinny Testaverde(decent dont get me wrong here)? Chad Pennington(had a couple good years), Neil O'donnell 1 year, Ray Lucas?

chrebet was a nice player. nowhere near the player welker is though

Speaking of O'Donnell he was projected to be good.

I will say Chrebet was clutch.

you haven't played anyone of consequence yet. Tonight will be a good test

yes it will be . . . at it stands now tho late Sunday afternoon, welker's teams opponents are a combined 3-7 and the pats opponents are 4-7 . . . so no much difference to date between the pats and Denver's opponents . . .

Edelman is leading the league in receptions from the slot. 

Edelman is leading the league in receptions from the slot. 

That was true back when I posted my original post. lol. He is actually doing a better job then Welker both from the slot and the punt return game. My point was that the Pats are not and will not be as dependent on the slot as years past which is true. This Thompkins kid along with the run game has made the Pats one of the most dangerous play action teams in the NFL. I can't wait to see when Gronk comes back and how much more explosive they will be.

You know what is funny though? For as much talk in the media about Welker vs Amendola this season, it turns out Endleman has been doing everything and more Welker would have done and of course Welker is doing great in Denver. Seems to be a win/win for both clubs but of course the media hates that because they want to pain Bill as evil. lol.

lol, Amendola has played one game and was targeted 14 times... that averages to 224 over a season. Your arguments really are so weak.

I'd actually like to see a breakdown of where he lined up for each of those plays. He ends up outside the numbers a lot more often than Welker did. 

The Achilles Heel of the offense last season was that they had no outside threats. That's pretty well-agreed-upon. Brandon Lloyd was supposed to be the answer and he was fairly productive but apparently a headcase. Teams that beat the Patriots loaded up in the middle of the field and left the outside guys in man coverage. This isn't something AM or I are making up. There is a deliberate emphasis with the Patriots' offense this year to diversify a little. That's pretty obvious to anyone who watches them each and every week.

As for Welker, I think his most valuable trait is his durability. Guy is made of rubber... just takes one huge hit after another, and bounces up every time. 

I'd actually like to see a breakdown of where he lined up for each of those plays. He ends up outside the numbers a lot more often than Welker did. 

The Achilles Heel of the offense last season was that they had no outside threats. That's pretty well-agreed-upon. Brandon Lloyd was supposed to be the answer and he was fairly productive but apparently a headcase. Teams that beat the Patriots loaded up in the middle of the field and left the outside guys in man coverage. This isn't something AM or I are making up. There is a deliberate emphasis with the Patriots' offense this year to diversify a little. That's pretty obvious to anyone who watches them each and every week.

As for Welker, I think his most valuable trait is his durability. Guy is made of rubber... just takes one huge hit after another, and bounces up every time. 

Best last line ever about Welker's availability week after week. Thank you GoPats. Yes, I will admit I have always admired Welker from afar & I am pleased that 18 gets to experience this trusted money man.

I do genuinely feel sorry for NE though. I never wanna see Vince Wilfork down & out. A stud who stuffs runners every year with great hands & so agile & quick for his size. A marvel to watch. SW1 will miss you man. I hope your recovery flows smoothly Vince.