Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'll say it...Brown is the fastest back in our RB group

Bleedin Blue

Donald should have specific plays. He should not be asked to run up the middle on 3rd and 3, that should be left for TRich or Bradshaw everyday. He should be able to PAP on 3rd and 3 and catch in the flat or over the middle but not allowed to run it up the gut. 1&10 ok maybe let him try the run it up the guy or bounce it outside but he isn't the bruiser back. 34 & 44 are.

He needs to be a featured back on our team

I think they have packages they like him with.  They seem to really like him in two minutes drill when the run is out the window and you can use his explosiveness and a drive here or there where they think they can use his speed. He is a nice change of pace once Bradshaw and Trent pound on the other team for a bit.

He will at some point in this season have his time to shine. After pounding with Trent and Bradshaw I could see Donald springing several long runs by catching teams off guard.

That's a good point.,..TRich is a collision runner....I see why he gets hurt

..amd Bradshaw hurt himself today and kept playing...

..Donald Brown is the bottom line!!

With T-Rich and Bradshaw... no.

I think Brown should certainly be used as a featured back on this team.  He is fast and he looked like he was running harder and less-scared today than I have ever seen him.  I think he benefits the most from a full-back (though last week there was a play where Brown seemed to out-run Havili and got tackled because Havili wasn't able to get out in front far enough to make his block).... Brown has had a problem in the past, which IMO stems from poor OL play, where he gets hit behind the line or right at the hole.  If we can get some plays where we have a whole open and Havili blowing a LB out of the play at that second level, Brown can be extremely dangerous as if he has open field by the time he is getting to the secondary he can outrun a lot of people.

With T-Rich and Bradshaw... no.

I think you might have missed his point.  He was more or less saying Brown should be featured in the offense NOT be THE featured back.  I think we can all agree he shouldn't be the Colts featured back but I do think there are times that he should be featured and he has a role.  His speed can be a real weapon if used correctly if Richardson and Bradshaw pound on the other defense all day long. 

Donald Brown is best when he is used against Ds that are a bit tired after banging at them with a physical primary back. I firmly believe that. I still think he is behind Bradshaw and Richardson on the pass blocking front which is the main reason he was never a primary back.

To me, Donald Brown can be like a Dominic Rhodes coming off the bench and that is his upside at best. Now, with the Richardson signing, the writing is on the wall for next year. He still is never going to be a starter in this league but will be a steady change of pace back behind a powerful starter.