Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 7+ year Question is about to be answered

IndyTrav

Its been roughly 7 years since the Colts have had a true RB (longer in IMO depending on how you view Addais first 2 years).

Years and Years of OL talk, and how our RBs have underperformed, with most of the blame falling squarely on the OL.

Now we are going to find out if it is truly the OL, or if we just didnt have the right RB. 

Predict Richardsons final Colts #s this year. 

225carries, 1100yds 35rec 250yds 13 total TDs...

Its been roughly 7 years since the Colts have had a true RB (longer in IMO depending on how you view Addais first 2 years).

Years and Years of OL talk, and how our RBs have underperformed, with most of the blame falling squarely on the OL.

Now we are going to find out if it is truly the OL, or if we just didnt have the right RB.

if he can get us 1000 yards in 13 games for us this year, that would be big

I'd say he runs for between 750-850 yards. Considering he more than likely wont play Sunday, and he'll be splitting carries with Bradshaw for probably the first 2 games whilst he gets the playbook. 

Just for the lulz, i'll say he goes for 823 Yds on the ground and another 300 receiving. Maybe 6 total TDs.

I think 1000 yds is definitely a stretch. He won't be the featured back this week IMO, so that leaves him with about 12 games of legit action. Plus he has to learn the offense and get comfortable. I hope our line can open up some holes for him. 700-800 yds and 5 or 6 TDs is what I predict.

When plays get blown up right in the backfield, that is on the Oline.  We, as Colts fans, have seen way too much of that.  Remember the handoff from Peyton to Addai almost being blown up?

I think we will see improvement, but not have a big time running game until we get a better Oline.

I know I am probably in the minority but I don't think the O-line has been as bad this season as a lot of people make it sound. I think the bigger issue has been Luck holding onto the ball to try to make a play and also not always doing an audible to make a defense pay for a blitz. There are still OL collapses here and there-- not saying they are a good unit or anything. But they are not awful like last year.

I think Richardson will get some touches this Sunday. I doubt he gets a lot though simply because he is not going to be familiar enough with the offense.

I read we were averaging 130 yards per game running, so it depends how many of the carries he gets. It wouldn't be too surprising to see him surpass 1000 but I still think Bradshaw will be somewhat involved

That is with Luck picking up a good chunk of yards while running for his life.

Our past has NOTHING to do with our present or future.

We are now running Stanford's power running offense with Andrew Luck at the helm and Trent Richardson at the RB.

Anyone not orienting themselves towards the Richardson addition with that in mind is walking right by what we're doing.

It's week 3 & he probably won't play Sunday cause he JUST got traded. We'll know when he's there cause there will be a press conference as Pagano said on his arrival

THERE'S NO WAY HE RUSHES FOR 1,000 yards this season :no:

He better play, some atleast. This trade was a win now move so get him on the field and give Bradshaw the lions share of the carries.

Our past has NOTHING to do with our present or future.

We are now running Stanford's power running offense with Andrew Luck at the helm and Trent Richardson at the RB.

Anyone not orienting themselves towards the Richardson addition with that in mind is walking right by what we're doing.

I understand all of this but how does our Oline compare to Stanford's? Do they dominate their opponents like Stanford's? Then compare our WRs to Stanford's, it was clearly built for a pass heavy offense unlike Stanford.

You might say I'm walking by what our team is trying to do but I'm saying our team might be walking by what they have.

I understand all of this but how does our Oline compare to Stanford's? Do they dominate their opponents like Stanford's? Then compare our WRs to Stanford's, it was clearly built for a pass heavy offense unlike Stanford.

You might say I'm walking by what our team is trying to do but I'm saying our team might be walking by what they have.

I would think Pep Hamilton understands that winning in the NFL is a lot different than winning on the college level. You need a great QB to win consistently in this league and you need him to make big-time throws. Just because we are going to a power-running scheme doesn't mean we are getting away from that. It is more about having the threat of the run and taking some pressure off Luck. I don't think Pep is going to abandon the pass. Luck just threw it almost 50 times this past Sunday after all. In fact, we may have won had we actually run it more often on Sunday. There was also a much greater focus on getting the ball in T.Y. Hilton's hands than there was against the Raiders. I think Pep knows who his playmakers are.

Trent Richardson can be a difference maker for this team. Winning games is more important than Luck throwing for 5000 yards per season. Luck, Richardson, and Hilton could be a very special nucleus on offense for years to come.