Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T-Rich is a good blocker

azcolt

Guest TeamLoloJones

TR is not as good a blocker as Bradshaw..or Brown in my iopinion..

..but he wasnt brought here to block

TR is not as good a blocker as Bradshaw..or Brown in my iopinion..

..but he wasnt brought here to block

What is your opinion based on?  Not game film, because then your opinion would be Richardson is a top-notch blocker.  I wish people would actually research before randomly making assumptions. IN MY OPINION.

You already know that Bradshaw is rated as a premier blocker..

..and Brown's been with us 4 years....I know he's good...

What little I've seen of TR at Cleveland ....was usually OK..

But Bradshaw and Brown are better......in my opinion

I wish people would read what's written.

Brown is NOT good, and it seriously showed last week among numerous times in years past.. Is Brown improved? I'd say so, but to say he's good is a HUGE stretch. I think if he had picked up that block on Wheeler last week, I doubt Irsay/Grigson go as aggressive as they did today in getting another guy in here, but I think that was the ultimate nail in the coffin to say "we just don't trust the guy anymore". Lets not also forget that Richardson also caught 51 passes last year as well. The Richardson/Bradshaw combo will be leaps and bounds better than Bradshaw/Brown.

You already know that Bradshaw is rated as a premier blocker..

..and Brown's been with us 4 years....I know he's good...

What little I've seen of TR at Cleveland ....was usually OK..

But Bradshaw and Brown are better......in my opinion

I wish people would read what's written.

You think brown is a good blocker ? Did I that right ?

Brown is a good blocker....nobody makes blocks all the time...in passing situations.

he's been in a lot in the last 5 years and its ignored when he is successful...

I don't want to say 'You're wrong'...but you are.

I hope TR is as good as you think he is

He's missed more than he's made, and that * poor attempt he made Sunday with the game on the line spoke volumes.

The reason its ingnored is because he's only shown flashes of being successful. For one, the guy couldn't stay healthy, and two, his skills as a RB are seriously flawed; ZERO vision, obviously isn't a good blocker, and gets tackled with very little contact.

So, I'm wrong? Then please tell me how Donald lost his job to a 5th round rookie last year, and this year, and why the coaching staff felt it was necessary in the offseason to bring in another veteran RB? OR lets talk about todays trade....

But hey, keep telling yourself Donald Brown is good, because you REALLY seem to believe it.. :thmup:

It's just ludicrous that we keep having these Donald Brown threads. Compare him to Bradshaw who also spent years with a team in a combo running attack. Both have had injury issues, but Bradshaw has earned a nice reputation as a go to guy and the best blocking back in the NFL. Brown has no reputation at all in the league. He isn't even beloved by Colts fans except for a few like Uncle Mark who is obviously Donald Browns Uncle Mark :)

It's just ludicrous that we keep having these Donald Brown threads. Compare him to Bradshaw who also spent years with a team in a combo running attack. Both have had injury issues, but Bradshaw has earned a nice reputation as a go to guy and the best blocking back in the NFL. Brown has no reputation at all in the league. He isn't even beloved by Colts fans except for a few like Uncle Mark who is obviously Donald Browns Uncle Mark :)

Amen to that LockeDown! I won't slam OUM. He can like whoever he wants to, but we if cut Brown loose tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear. I can tell you that. 

Brown is a good blocker....nobody makes blocks all the time...in passing situations.he's been in a lot in the last 5 years and its ignored when he is successful...I don't want to say 'You're wrong'...but you are.I hope TR is as good as you think he is

For a guy who hasn't gotten many snaps Brown has a staggeringly large number of truly spectacular blocking failures. I hope this trade means he never sees the field for us again.

But you don't give up a No,.1 for a running back.....you just don't

You've probably said that yourself..we all have

accoridng to the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper..

Richardson was taken off the field on 3rd down this season because he couldn't pick up blitzes

I don't think the Browns entire O-Line could pick up blitzes... TR can't block everyone!

I think in a 2 back system where the other back is a quality veteran like Bradshaw, Richardson will do very well.  The O-line is making improvements and that will help take pressure off of Luck in the passing game.

I was initially confused at the move last night.  I thought we would be looking for a TE to compliment Fleener.  I guess they like what they have in Jones and the rookie we signed of waivers.

I am excited to see what Bradshaw/Richardson can do.  Lets just hope they can both stay healthy...

He's missed more than he's made, and that * poor attempt he made Sunday with the game on the line spoke volumes.

The reason its ingnored is because he's only shown flashes of being successful. For one, the guy couldn't stay healthy, and two, his skills as a RB are seriously flawed; ZERO vision, obviously isn't a good blocker, and gets tackled with very little contact.

So, I'm wrong? Then please tell me how Donald lost his job to a 5th round rookie last year, and this year, and why the coaching staff felt it was necessary in the offseason to bring in another veteran RB? OR lets talk about todays trade....

But hey, keep telling yourself Donald Brown is good, because you REALLY seem to believe it.. :thmup:

Thanks BB;

And you keep on believing that Cleveland sent us a superstar 2nd year player because they wanted our mid-round 1st round pick..

There is euphoria here among younger fans that we got a young Adrian Peterson ....but if you check with the Cleveland media and some players comments....they didn't think R picked up blitzes ...they mention that he wanst on the field on 3rd down...

They did not think the running back was playing up to the level of a No.1 pick......sound familiar????

I don't think the Browns entire O-Line could pick up blitzes... TR can't block everyone!

I think in a 2 back system where the other back is a quality veteran like Bradshaw, Richardson will do very well.  The O-line is making improvements and that will help take pressure off of Luck in the passing game.

I was initially confused at the move last night.  I thought we would be looking for a TE to compliment Fleener.  I guess they like what they have in Jones and the rookie we signed of waivers.

I am excited to see what Bradshaw/Richardson can do.  Lets just hope they can both stay healthy...

TR couldn't block everyone..that's true..

But they took him off the field this year on 3rd down...in Cleveland.

If you check that out, you'll find its true...

Nobody trades a young, healthy star player playing for a low salary..if he does everything well

I hope you are right...if he can gain 75 yards a game behind our line....I wont care if he cant block

For a guy who hasn't gotten many snaps Brown has a staggeringly large number of truly spectacular blocking failures. I hope this trade means he never sees the field for us again.

It got to be an obcession to point out the blocks they think Brown missed,...

..that he was a badblocker

But he was always on the field on 3rd down so 2 coaching staffs didn't agree

Thanks BB;

And you keep on believing that Cleveland sent us a superstar 2nd year player because they wanted our mid-round 1st round pick..

There is euphoria here among younger fans that we got a young Adrian Peterson ....but if you check with the Cleveland media and some players comments....they didn't think R picked up blitzes ...they mention that he wanst on the field on 3rd down...

They did not think the running back was playing up to the level of a No.1 pick......sound familiar????

Want to go back and quote me on where I said Richardson was this "great" RB. My direct comments to you were about Donald Brown and your obvious bro-mance for the guy, however keep backpedaling buddy...

It got to be an obcession to point out the blocks they think Brown missed,.....that he was a badblockerBut he was always on the field on 3rd down so 2 coaching staffs didn't agree

I like the trade, but I think it's clearly motivated by a panic attack from the coaching staff at the thought of Brown getting meaningful and regular snaps. It's admittedly hard to quantify how bad a blocker Brown is, mostly because of how relatively rarely the coaching staff has him in a position to do so. We'll see how often he's left in to block in crucial situations going forward.

He adds value on special teams so we'll keep him for now.

cant post links..never could

They just discussed it on the NFL Net....Thursday morning.

Cleveland took him off the field on 3rd and long...

Its no secret....its no shame either..if he gains 1,000 yards ...we wont care,

But you sound smart enough to know that nobody trades you a perfect young, star player at a low salary who no flaws...They'll work with him, I'm sure

For the time being, they still have Brown and Bradshaw to go in on third down

Want to go back and quote me on where I said Richardson was this "great" RB. My direct comments to you were about Donald Brown and your obvious bro-mance for the guy, however keep backpedaling buddy...

I like our players who gave us good service.....no apologies......

Just remember what you've said here. You never use a high No.1 on a RB

I like our players who gave us good service.....no apologies......

Just remember what you've said here. You never use a high No.1 on a RB

haha... what service has Brown given the Colts besides mediocre play, or being injured?

And where is the rule or law that states you never use a 1st rounder on a RB? And what makes you think it will be a "high" 1st?

Well Bradshaw is just as good, maybe a better blocker than T-Rich.

It helps T-Rich's value though...

Bradshaw is the best blocking RB in the NFL (when healthy). I havent watched many Browns games but from what i have seen is Richardson is very good at picking up blitzers.

cant post links..never could

They just discussed it on the NFL Net....Thursday morning.

Cleveland took him off the field on 3rd and long...

Its no secret....its no shame either..if he gains 1,000 yards ...we wont care,

But you sound smart enough to know that nobody trades you a perfect young, star player at a low salary who no flaws...They'll work with him, I'm sure

For the time being, they still have Brown and Bradshaw to go in on third down

There are A LOT of grown *ss fools out there and just because they have money it doesn't make them intelligent. The Colts practically stole Richardson from the Browns. Polian even called out the Browns management for what little the Colts had to give up for him.

Okay..BB...I hope you know more than they do...

Im just skeptical...nobody gives you young, healthy star players...who have no flaws

He's one of ours now........and I appreciate that we're going for the playoffs

...we have a very tough road ahead...

I hope everybody loves this trade in 6 weeks

Okay, I'll bite.  Let's say 6 weeks rolls around the bend.  What do you expect it to look like for us?  Trent gaining 3.5 yds/carry?  Us losing close games?  I don't get what you are saying.  Since at this point, we haven't given up anything, why do you expect us to be worse than what we are right now?

Okay, I'll bite.  Let's say 6 weeks rolls around the bend.  What do you expect it to look like for us?  Trent gaining 3.5 yds/carry?  Us losing close games?  I don't get what you are saying.  Since at this point, we haven't given up anything, why do you expect us to be worse than what we are right now?

You know exactly what I'm saying.....

In 6 weeks...If T Rich is averaging 3.6 a carry like he has for 2 years behind a better line than ours..

The fans will be ripping the young man for not being worth a No. 1 just like Donald Brown.

You don't know what Im saying...