Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T-Rich is a good blocker

azcolt

haha... what service has Brown given the Colts besides mediocre play, or being injured?

And where is the rule or law that states you never use a 1st rounder on a RB? And what makes you think it will be a "high" 1st?

Stop,...Brown helped us make the playoffs in 2010..big runs in that last 4-game win streak...

Don't pretend like you don't remember.

Big runs helped us win the 2 we did in 2011....hurt in 2012

Trent Richardson has a career average of 3.7....Tell me that's going to be okay for you..going forward for our No.1

Stop,...Brown helped us make the playoffs in 2010..big runs in that last 4-game win streak...

Don't pretend like you don't remember.

Big runs helped us win the 2 we did in 2011....hurt in 2012

Trent Richardson has a career average of 3.7....Tell me that's going to be okay for you..going forward for our No.1

Well if Brown could avg. over 4ypc with this offense this year, without tripping over himself, I can only imagine what Richardson is going to do.

haha.. Brown carried the Colts to the playoffs?? Mind telling me who the QB was..?

But Cleveland took him off the field on 3rd down in the first 2 games.

Don't take my word for it....check it out...

Is there anyone on Earth who doesn't question the stupid decisions in Cleveland? More often than not the right decision is the opposite of what they are doing in Cleveland.

You know exactly what I'm saying.....

In 6 weeks...If T Rich is averaging 3.6 a carry like he has for 2 years behind a better line than ours..

The fans will be ripping the young man for not being worth a No. 1 just like Donald Brown.

You don't know what Im saying...

Pep is not Arians. We are now a power running team.  Richardson is a power runner.  So is Ballard.  Bradshaw is the best blocking back in the NFL.  We are using 2 TE formations.  Polian said so on Sirius that Brown doesn't fit into our power running scheme anymore.  I think you just don't like the direction we are heading, because I know you know what I am saying now.

What is your opinion based on?  Not game film, because then your opinion would be Richardson is a top-notch blocker.  I wish people would actually research before randomly making assumptions. IN MY OPINION.

have you actually seen any browns game this year? He isnt great, he is ok. There is a column by Vic Carucci i think, who covrs browns, where he says pass pro wasnt his strongest. Im not stating that cause i dont see browns game but i rather reffer to someone who covrest he browns

Guest TeamLoloJones

have you actually seen any browns game this year? He isnt great, he is ok. There is a column by Vic Carucci i think, who covrs browns, where he says pass pro wasnt his strongest. Im not stating that cause i dont see browns game but i rather reffer to someone who covrest he browns

Keep in mind that a 1-2 year RB isn't almost never expected to be that good in pass protection, so no he's not on Bradshaw's level.  But he was phenomenal as a blocker for a rookie last year, and it's something that will improve with time.  Blocking for a RB is more mental than physical as far as picking up blitzes (unless you are donnie brown and someone wants to throw you aside like a used tissue).  I have full faith that Trent will be able to protect Luck.  He's also our biggest receiving threat out of the backfiled now. (Which in itself could slow down alot of the blitzing teams will do.)

You know exactly what I'm saying.....

In 6 weeks...If T Rich is averaging 3.6 a carry like he has for 2 years behind a better line than ours..

The fans will be ripping the young man for not being worth a No. 1 just like Donald Brown.

You don't know what Im saying...

Except for his 12 touchdowns, 400 receiving yards and the whole broken ribs situation. The man slept standing up 2nd half of the season cause he was in to much pain. And for the record their Oline is not better then ours. Probably better in pass pro, but they are awful in run blocking. Middle always clogs up and they rarely seem to seal the edge when running right, forcing him to cut up field into the mess. He is almost always met at the LOS, so a 3.6 ypc is actually quite impressive.