Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtsFanMikeC

I am just toying around with our 75 now and have counted 37 players as 'locks' to make this squad:

QB (2) : Luck, Hasselbeck

RB (3) : Ballard, Bradshaw, Brown

FB (1) : Havili

TE (2): Allen, Fleener

WR (3): Wayne, TY, DHB

OL (7) : Castonzo, Cherilus, Holmes, McGlynn, Satele, Thomas, Thornton

DL (5): Chapman, RJF, Franklin, Hughes, Redding

LB (6): Angerer, Freeman, Mathis, Sheppard, Walden, Werner

CB (3): Butler, Davis, Toler

S (2): Landry, Bethea

ST (3): Vinatieri, McAfee, Overton

To start last year, our numbers looked like this:

QB(3), RB (4), FB (0), WR (6), TE (3), OL (9), DL (6), LB (10), CB(5), S(4), ST (3)

To select the last 16 for the final 53, I will say we will definitely keep:

1 more TE -- Justice Cunningham

2 more WR's - Whalen, Reed (I think Brazzill will be on the team again when he is done w/ suspension, don't know if we will cut a WR or elsewhere)

2 more OL - linkenbach, Reitz

2 more LB - Conner, Harvey

2 more CB - Vaughn, Green

2 more S - Lefeged, Howell

1 more DL - Guy

That leaves us with 4 more spots for the active 53  -- I am completely up in the air here.

I would like to see us keep at least a 7th DL -- my pick would be Nevis, though I actually think gmbremer is pretty reliable

I'd like to see us keep Caesar Rayford

I won't be surprised to see us keep Dominque Jones (Allen and Fleener already struggled w/ injuries during pre-season, and DJ has been lining up at fullback sometimes it seems like)

I won't be surprised if we keep Harnish

I won't be surprised if we keep K. Williams

That is 5 guys for the last 4 spots --  yikes!

I also am not really sure how our CB's will pan out after Davis, Toler, and Butler -- my guess is Vaughn and Green, though I won't be shocked at all if Gordy, Price or Swanson beat them out.

My practice squad would look like this:

Daniel Adongo,

Ben Ijalana,

Jeremy Kelley,

One of the CB's that doesn't make the 53,

A player to be named later (from another roster)

Dom, Jones should make the final roster due to his versatility.

I agree.. At least practice squad worthy. Hamilton loves his TE's and with Fleener and Allen up in the air it would just be a smart choice to keep four.

Rayford needs to make this team, he's been the biggest surprise this preseason.

I don't think we keep Adongo. He's done nothing and making very slow progress.

Looks like you are all over it.

Ijalana Must be kept IMO.

Maybe K Holmes comes up Lame  :shifty:  and goes to the 6 game wait list, or McGlynn moved.

9 O-Lineman & 8 D-Lineman works for me.

M Hughes might also be a good choice for the 6 game list. Be hard to let Nevis and a lesser favorite of mine R Mathews go.

Shepard looks like a longer shot to me.

The final cut after next years FA period and the draft will be :Yikes:

We're not carrying 3 QB's. Harnish would be a waste of a roster space.

I wish Andrew Luck was indestructible so we could carry 1 QB and use the extra spot for another position haha

That and be our long snapper also! Two spots, bam!! I'm thinking he could be backup lb/ss also.

Looks like you are all over it.

Ijalana Must be kept IMO.

Maybe K Holmes comes up Lame  :shifty:  and goes to the 6 game wait list, or McGlynn moved.

9 O-Lineman & 8 D-Lineman works for me.

M Hughes might also be a good choice for the 6 game list. Be hard to let Nevis and a lesser favorite of mine R Mathews go.

Shepard looks like a longer shot to me.

The final cut after next years FA period and the draft will be :Yikes:

I agree, if they go by performance, Hughes is the bottom of that D Line list.  He may sustain a mysterious injury tonight and go on IR.

Sheppard has looked lost out there, maybe it's just a matter of time to pick up the D.

I'm with you also on Ijalana, his potential has to be the greatest of any of the swing T candidates IMO.

I am just toying around with our 75 now and have counted 37 players as 'locks' to make this squad:

QB (2) : Luck, Hasselbeck

RB (3) : Ballard, Bradshaw, Brown

FB (1) : Havili

TE (2): Allen, Fleener

WR (3): Wayne, TY, DHB

OL (7) : Castonzo, Cherilus, Holmes, McGlynn, Satele, Thomas, Thornton

DL (5): Chapman, RJF, Franklin, Hughes, Redding

LB (6): Angerer, Freeman, Mathis, Sheppard, Walden, Werner

CB (3): Butler, Davis, Toler

S (2): Landry, Bethea

ST (3): Vinatieri, McAfee, Overton

To start last year, our numbers looked like this:

QB(3), RB (4), FB (0), WR (6), TE (3), OL (9), DL (6), LB (10), CB(5), S(4), ST (3)

To select the last 16 for the final 53, I will say we will definitely keep:

1 more TE -- Justice Cunningham

2 more WR's - Whalen, Reed (I think Brazzill will be on the team again when he is done w/ suspension, don't know if we will cut a WR or elsewhere)

2 more OL - linkenbach, Reitz

2 more LB - Conner, Harvey

2 more CB - Vaughn, Green

2 more S - Lefeged, Howell

1 more DL - Guy

That leaves us with 4 more spots for the active 53 -- I am completely up in the air here.

I would like to see us keep at least a 7th DL -- my pick would be Nevis, though I actually think gmbremer is pretty reliable

I'd like to see us keep Caesar Rayford

I won't be surprised to see us keep Dominque Jones (Allen and Fleener already struggled w/ injuries during pre-season, and DJ has been lining up at fullback sometimes it seems like)

I won't be surprised if we keep Harnish

I won't be surprised if we keep K. Williams

That is 5 guys for the last 4 spots -- yikes!

I also am not really sure how our CB's will pan out after Davis, Toler, and Butler -- my guess is Vaughn and Green, though I won't be shocked at all if Gordy, Price or Swanson beat them out.

My practice squad would look like this:

Daniel Adongo,

Ben Ijalana,

Jeremy Kelley,

One of the CB's that doesn't make the 53,

A player to be named later (fr another roster)

two questions.. is Ijalana ps eligible? and when do they have,to get down to 53?

1.September 1st is when teams have to name there 8 man PS

2.Eligibility for the practice squad is limited to players who do not have an accrued season in the NFL, or were on an active list (53-man roster) for fewer than nine games during their only accrued seasons. Players that have served two seasons on a practice squad are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

I dont believe Ijalanas total games on an active roster come to an accrued season (16 games over the course of his whole career I believe) so I think he is eligible

Is Ijalana eligible for practice squad?  I have no idea on the rules for that but he wouldn't be one I would expect to be eligible.

This is his third year, but I believe he is still eligible for the PS.  I think the only way they put him on it is if they feel he's still recovering from the injuries.

It's interesting to see everyone's 53 man predictions, so here is mine:

Quarterbacks (2) Andrew Luck Matthew Hasselbeck   Running Backs (4) Ahmad Bradshaw Vick Ballard Donald Brown Kerwyn Williams   Wide Receivers (5) Reggie Wayne TY Hilton Darius Heyward-Bey Griff Whalen David Reed   Tight Ends (3) Coby Fleener Dwayne Allen Justice Cunningham   Offensive Linemen (10) Samson Satelle Khaled Holmes Anthony Castanzo Ghoster Cherilus Donald Thomas Mike McGlynn Hugh Thornton Joe Reitz Jeff Linkenback Ben Ijalana   Defensive Backs (9) Vonte Davis Greg Toler Cassius Vaughn Darius Butler Antuan Bethea DeRon Landry Joe Lefeged Delano Howell Josh Gordy     Special Teams (3) Pat McAfee Adam Vinaterri Matt Overton   Defensive Linemen (7) Abrayo Franklin Cory Redding Josh Chapman Ricky Jean Francois Montori Hughes Drake Nevis Fili Moala   Linebackers (9) Bjorn Werner Erik Walden Robert Mathis Jarrell Freeman Pat Angerer Caesar Rayford Kelvin Sheppard Kavell Conner     Fullback (1) Stanley Havili

I don't see McGlynn and (maybe) Sheppard as locks, but I would include Cunningham as a lock.  There only two guys really in doubt on the OL, IMHO - McGlynn and Cleary.  If we keep nine OL, one of those two are out.  It's hard to imagine what McGlynn brings to the table that can't be supplied by Thornton, Reitz, Linkenbach, Holmes, or Cleary.  He's probably no better than the fourth option at center (his supposed area of versatility); Satele, Holmes, and Donald Thomas are all better options.  I personally believe that Linkenbach, Thornton, Cleary, and Hughes are all perfectly viable RG possibilities if we cut McGlynn...

I'll say it again:

If Rayford doesn't make the team, I will revolt!!!

He is probably in but he still has alot to work on, doesn't show alot in terms of pass rush moves, relies on his length for that and also has to learn to think run first/pass rush 2nd and angles to use on run contain

He is probably in but he still has alot to work on, doesn't show alot in terms of pass rush moves, relies on his length for that and also has to learn to think run first/pass rush 2nd and angles to use on run contain

i agree! it would be incredible if he develops the rest of the skills. some players just have that ability to pressure the qb, and it is in great demand now. i don't see it in werner, i don't know if he is quick enough with that burst, but i hope i am wrong.

i agree! it would be incredible if he develops the rest of the skills. some players just have that ability to pressure the qb, and it is in great demand now. i don't see it in werner, i don't know if he is quick enough with that burst, but i hope i am wrong.

Werners issue right now is strength not ability

I don't think anyone sees any legitimate reason to cut Caesar Rayford. Everyone speaks of how it would be incredibly dumb to cut him (obviously). And also, every fan and his brother thinks that they could manage the team better than the actual GM, so I think it's time to stop acting like that's true, and let the front office do their job.

Don't matter he was getting it done I think he has earned his spot and I will not be happy if they cut him another is Sheldon Price I think he is better than people say he is I watch Vaughn get jumped right over for a Touchdown in the last game uncontested and people are telling me Vaughn is better than Price. Price didn't give up any plays that were more than 5- 10 yards when I saw him play.