Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you like our uniforms?

Ohio Colt

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The season simply cannot get here fast enough.  Please hurry football and save us from ourselves.

: haha: The season will be over before you know it, and then we get to read the same threads and have the same arguments all over again next year. It must be nice to be a soccer fan. I think they give them something like a long weekend off in July and then pre-season starts again. :P

If you mean the darker shaded areas are sweat stains, that's incorrect.  It is a "new" feature of the uniform.  It's noticeable only on close ups.  At first, I noticed it on Reggie Wayne (around the belly area) and thought he had split some water on his jersy.  Then I noticed it on another and another and so on.  If you look closely, it starts under the armpits, extends down the sides then wraps around the lower back and the belly area.  It's not really noticeably most of the time, but I found it to be a strange way to redesign the uniform.

i still think it's the sweat stains, but it's more obvious on the new nike jerseys because they have a different material under the arms and around the sweat-areas.. that material is more porous so it gets darker when wet.. i may be wrong, but i noticed that on the lions lighter-blue jerseys also..

i still think it's the sweat stains, but it's more obvious on the new nike jerseys because they have a different material under the arms and around the sweat-areas.. that material is more porous so it gets darker when wet.. i may be wrong, but i noticed that on the lions lighter-blue jerseys also..

Interesting. Could be if it has a different material.

It is not an optical illusion. The uniforms are by design to keep the player cooler during games. I remember that being shown when the new uniforms were being designed and showed. Even the weight of the new designs are lighter. 

I am with most of you guys who like the timeless Colts uniform. The horseshoe, fashioned for Maryland's Preakness Stakes , and the Blue and White uniforms are classy and top of the line. To anyway compare a Colts uniform with a bum Duke Blue Devil uniform is blasphemy. I don't know about you fine folks in Indiana , but there is no respect for Duke in Maryland. I am so happy we are out of the Duke/Carolina centered ACC, and Maryland is in the Big 10.

Really??  I almost hate to bring up this teams name in a Colts forum but the Patriots haven't done to bad after a uniform change.

Legend. The Colts have had that name since 1953. New England has had their name since 1971. That's 18 years more than the Patriots have carried their name. Wins and losses have zero to do with being a legend. To this day the Colts-Giants game on Dec. 28, 1958 is the greatest game ever played. Now that is legend.

OK, I think we could have some use for a few comparisons here.

Obviously here, we have the Colt's current home/away uniforms

post-15016-0-40347900-1377985119_thumb.j

As you can tell, the Colt's uniforms haven't changed much from the old days of Johnny Unitas and Art Donovan

post-15016-0-61509900-1377985188_thumb.j

And lastly, we have a old rumored Nike Alternative Uniform set, along with a random blue/black uniform set for all you wondering how that would luck (in this case, these are one of Kentucky's alternate uniforms)

post-15016-0-52336700-1377985236_thumb.j

So there you have it. I felt it was best to lay out in an unbiased way, all the different possible uniform combinations that have been brought up so that you could decide for your own. Visualization always helps me, so maybe it helps you too.

OK, I think we could have some use for a few comparisons here.

Obviously here, we have the Colt's current home/away uniforms

attachicon.gifCurrent Uniforms.jpg

As you can tell, the Colt's uniforms haven't changed much from the old days of Johnny Unitas and Art Donovan

attachicon.gifOld Uniforms.jpg

And lastly, we have a old rumored Nike Alternative Uniform set, along with a random blue/black uniform set for all you wondering how that would luck (in this case, these are one of Kentucky's alternate uniforms)

attachicon.gifAlternate Uniforms.jpg

So there you have it. I felt it was best to lay out in an unbiased way, all the different possible uniform combinations that have been brought up so that you could decide for your own. Visualization always helps me, so maybe it helps you too.

That all blue look isn't bad

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 2, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, September 2, 2013 - personal shot

Legend. The Colts have had that name since 1953. New England has had their name since 1971. That's 18 years more than the Patriots have carried their name. Wins and losses have zero to do with being a legend. To this day the Colts-Giants game on Dec. 28, 1958 is the greatest game ever played. Now that is legend.

You must be stuck in 1958.  Gas isn't .25 and hamburgers aren't .05 anymore.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with evolving, but with your above message I can see that you have a problem with change.  I bet you just about had a heart attack when Manning was let go.  I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 2, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, September 2, 2013 - quoting removed post

You must be stuck in 1958.  Gas isn't .25 and hamburgers aren't .05 anymore.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with evolving, but with your above message I can see that you have a problem with change.  I bet you just about had a heart attack when Manning was let go.  I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Your name fits you well.

I think another point is that it is nice that not everything is about money.  Sure, the NFL is business.  So the more uniforms they can put out there, the more than can sell.  So these teams changing their uniforms are big money.  But it gets ridiculous.  I live in Boise, Idaho.  The BSU Broncos have a new uniform EVERY YEAR!!!  I kid you not.  Its  all about making money.  So people around here know what year their uniform is by the coloring. Stupid.

I just don't know what the point of the Colts changing their uniform.  Nor do I think it will happen.  Jim Irsay is too big on the Colts tradition.  The guy remembers being in training camp with John Unitas!

As for black, that seems everyone is doing that.  If the Colts do change their uniform, I expect something very subtle like the Cardinals change.  Or the Vikings.  But I hope the Colts, for the most part, always look the same.  I think they have a timeless uniform.

Oh, and the comment earlier someone saying the Patriots were around since 1971.  Do you mean using the name New England?  Because the Boston Patriots were an original AFL team in 1960.  So the Colts are really only 8 years old than the Patriots.

I love our uniforms. I despise that the shoulder lines seems to shrink every year.

Same here....the uniforms are fine....but quit shrinking the stripes.

They don't have to fully wrap around the shoulder.....but at this point, they're so shrunken down that they almost look like an Air Force captain's bars.

even something like this would be a nice change up, though I'd prefer some black on the jersey too, even if it's just a black stripe instead of white between the 2 blue stripes on the shoulder.  

130429114035-david-cutcliffe-top-single-

this could be an alternate jersey

134516730_duke-blue-devils-colosseum-foo

I like this one a lot too...but move the stripes to the shoulder instead of sleeve (same with the one above)

542120542120.jpg

in other words, just check out the different variations of Duke's jerseys for ideas of what we could do :)

Not to be mean but glad you aren`t designing uniforms for the Colts. Why screw up a good thing? We aren`t Duke or whoever, we`re the Colts! Call it classic or whatever, I get the same funny feeling inside now as I did when I was a kid when I see the Colts on TV or wherever.

Why screw up a good thing?  Call it classic or whatever, I get the same funny feeling inside now as I did when I was a kid when I see the Colts on TV or wherever.

:agree:    INSTANTLY Recognizable  to EVERYONE.   It would be like suggesting changing the American Flag...and adding another color  :scratch:     

So heres my take on it, seeing that this is the indianapolis colts 30th season and it is also my 30th season on this planet i want a 30th season logo jersey so i can sport it when we go all rompastompa on the jags in jacksonville. im a displaced colts fan and im no longer able to go to the pro-shop for cool insider colts gear and i was wondering if there is a 30th season jersey in the making or if its just the dreams of a 30 yr old man child...